DVDVR Message Board

Your 2014 INTERNATIONAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL Thread!

DEAN

I think I own this on the internet- especially since Tenyardtorrents is gone.  I usually wait until I get crazy for guys bashing each other for my pleasure- as I am usually fine until April-ish when the VCU season wears off and I realize that CFL is four months away.  BUT the French (God bless their fromage eating hearts) decided to go ahead and post a full game FROM YESTERDAY!.  So fuck it, I kick this year's thread off with les Corsaires d'Evry versus the super adorably monikered les Quarks de Villebon sur Yvette!  VIVE LA FRANCE!

Hey!  The Italian league has started!  Watch the Seamen Milano and remember Joe Avezzano, former Dallas Cowboy Special Teams, who died while coaching the Seamen year before last.

More France people playing the eggball!  The beloved Royale Kangourous will prolly get beaten to death by the Elite Foot Flash de la Courneveuveuusueve!  After the NCAA Tournament, I will begin tracking your American Ringers.  And you will rejoice.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hahb4_flash-vs-kangourous-part-i_sport

More QUARKS~!  They play in the French Hilarious Mascot League- as they are squaring up against the Dockers de Nantes!  We're named after pants!

I wanna see another NFL Europe or World League return.

I don't think its going to happen under this regime.  I'm more invested in the grass-roots USL- style leagues to tide me over.  

Hey, they have a whole new superleague now- the BIG6!  First game is Saturday at 8:30ish AM EST?  Streaming live!  I'm excited because the Calanda Broncos have a THOUSAND ringers- the legal amount from the US and also getting Euro ringer in existence.  All up against the beloved Swarco Raiders.

http://bigsix.eu/

http://www.raiders.at

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently controversey at the end ofbthe game, according to my twitter

Both teams scored a touchdown in the first overtime to make the score 24-24.

Germany held Austria to a FG to start the second overtime, and then Germany was looking at 3rd-and-goal from about the 2-yard line. Austria got a sack when the German QB couldn't find anyone on a roll out, but Austria got called for a ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to give Germany a fresh set of downs. (Ridiculous in that I didn't see anything that even remotely amounted to unsportsmanlike conduct, unless someone used some salty language on the field or something that I missed.)

Germany scored a TD two plays later, and that was that. It was being held in Vienna, and the hometown crowd was understandably pissed off.

• 1 month later...