DVDVR Message Board

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

RonL21

In all seriousness if they are alive and held hostage somewhere (not as remote a possibility as it once was), it's actually really good that a martial arts expert/Hollywood stuntman is amongst the passengers.

So every B action movie ever made has taught me anyway.

No, it's not. Afghanistan is hundreds (thousands?) of miles from the coastline, had it traveled there, it would've been picked up by one type of military radar or another. It's a 777, not some biplane you take to the Carribbean on the weekend.

It's sitting somewhere at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Experts are saying radar over most of Central Asia is weak. I don't necessarily believe that the plane landed there but it's not as simple to say that it would have been detected by radar.

They seem fairly confident that the plane was in the air seven hours after last contact. Why would someone go through the trouble to mask the plane and then fly it another seven hours if the end game is suicide? That doesn't make sense to me. There was a plot...  maybe they failed to achieve the goal, but I believe there was a goal..

The plane would've had to flown over both India AND Pakistan to reach Afghanistan. Not saying either of those 2 states are exactly NORAD, but neighboring nuclear powers with eachother on the hairtrigger would pick up something as big as a rogue 777.

Also, considering the distance traveled before the change in direction, there probably wouldn't have been enough fuel to reach Afghanistan anyway.

Some sources are saying maybe it was the pilot(s) own doing. But why intentionally crash the plane in one body of water (South China Sea) versus another (Indian Ocean)? It makes no sense. The only explanation, assuming it didn't run out of fuel while over the Indian Ocean, is that it was hijacked, diverted to India, and then brought down by the crew before it could reach the target.

But then why would he kill himself over the Indian Ocean when he could just have easily done so over the South China Sea? If anything, by changing course from crashing it in the SCS to the Indian Ocean, it gives the rest of the crew and passengers time to intervene. Doesn't compute.