DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Finally got a Speaker mask, so I should be able to get at least one of the FotL quests done, even if the reward is meh.

I think I'm going to have to go to r/fireteams, because I've never done Abby of the raids, and I reallywant to.

What console are you on?  We should have a shit ton of sherpas on this board.  I am going to co-lead a VoG raid tonight and we should at least clear the Templar and get up to the Gorgon checkpoint before we tap out.  If we are not feeling old and tired, we may even push towards Atheon.

Almost forgot in re Ace of Spades.

Yep, it used to belong to Cayde.  Banshee constructed it for him and somehow it ends up in your hands.  Banshee would probably remember if he hadn't been mind wiped 44 times.

Finally got a Speaker mask, so I should be able to get at least one of the FotL quests done, even if the reward is meh.

I think I'm going to have to go to r/fireteams, because I've never done Abby of the raids, and I reallywant to.

What console are you on? We should have a shit ton of sherpas on this board. I am going to co-lead a VoG raid tonight and we should at least clear the Templar and get up to the Gorgon checkpoint before we tap out. If we are not feeling old and tired, we may even push towards Atheon.
Unfortunately I'm slumming it on PS3, so I don't think there's to many of you gifs with me. My playing time is also kind of erratic since I have my console and TV in the front room and I'm not the type of guy to kick my roommates off the tv.

I appreciate the offer, though, and I'd be happy to play with anyone if you are on PS3. PSN is sycoDMN. I have a second PSN I'm thinking of starting to play some on, but haven't yet, that one is dedhemingway.

It looks like they new Show was a fan and sent him a giant care package because Show tweeted Bungie and a few other folks a big thank you

(If I remember correctly - in one of the UpUpDownDown's, Xavier made a comment about how they needed to get Show playing Destiny)

(If I remember correctly - in one of the UpUpDownDown's, Xavier made a comment about how they needed to get Show playing Destiny)

Your old man's haze does not deceive you.  Xavier commented how much Show was into Destiny during the Destiny / House of Wolves episode.

Hit the Vault last night, made it through Oracles, killed Templar, and parked us at the Gorgon's Maze.   We will probably pick up on Thursday.  Most of the DARPA / TACOM dudes I game with hit B-Dubs on Wednesdays for cheap wings and hockey.

Got my new Hakke pulse rifle and shotgun today from Banshee and am leveling them up with my Y2 Truth.  About halfway done with getting AoS up to snuff. 

The Lyudmila-D pulse rifle I rolled has excellent perks (Glass Half Full, Full Auto and Snapshot / Hand Loaded) but the Stability stat is a bit deceiving.  The recoil is tight but it is hardly predictable.  Sometimes the sight jerks left on the fourth shot and sometimes it jerks right.  Not exactly a precision weapon for getting reliable headshots but good enough for PvE and PvP.

The Strongbow shotgun I rolled has Full Auto, Final Round, and Lightweight / Fitted Stock so I will be using it to blow off dudes heads in the Crucible.

RNG still refuses to give me a Traveler's mask.  I am so fucking done with this stupid festival, but respawning in a puff of smoke and cloud of bats is not getting old.

I got the same exact pulse rifle with the same exact perks so the choices seem to be universal

Yeah, normally I am not big on packing Exotics as specials or heavies, but this pulse rifle has stats that are almost identical to the Hopscotch Pilgrim so I am kinda excited to see what it can do in the Crucible.

The caveat being that the recoil of the Lyumila-D isn't NEARLY as predictable as the wiggle you get when firing the Pilgrim.  When I used the Lyumila-D this morning on the Zealot in the Badlands while I was on patrol on Mars, I had to work a little to keep that thing on target. 

The post sights seem to make the weapon handle better than the scope does, IMO. That shortens the range a tad, but Hand Loaded will compensate for that or Snapshot will provide me with bonus aim assist.

Since I am still running Gunslinger in PvP for this bounty, I will probably start using Incendiaries in conjunction with the Lyumila-D and leading with thrown grenades to freak players out with the Burn DoT before I start blasting away with this rifle.  A little of the old Spook 'n Shoot.

Terrible Nightfall rewards, there's really no incentive to run them anymore. It was fine when they were worth 500 faction rep and the xp boost but there's not much i can get from them now to progress. Hit up the normal mode raid to get my Warlock the 310 artifact and make him 311. Other than that, disappointing loot. 2 more Ghosts, a 4th bond and a 5th shotgun, none better than i already had. But i was doing it for the artifact quest so i cant complain too much. Going to try and hit up a hard mode over the weekend.

The daily mission is Paradox today. So for those who missed it the past 2 times (like me) it's your chance to grab those ghosts and start the No Time to Explain quest. I believe you have to wait until the following reset after collecting the ghosts for the quest to unlock.

It is going to be interesting next week as a lot of folks I am talking with are planning and flipping to Fallout 4 and cut way back on their Destiny playing.

I am getting Fallout 4 but am not quite sure when I will start it.

That being said - it might become the new multiplayer hotspot.

Need to get onboard JT!

With Fallout 4, CoD and Star Wars all out over the next few weeks I wouldn't be surprised if some new time gated content was unlocked.

I'm winding down my Destiny time again too. The only thing that progresses me know is the hard mode raid. I still need some more normal mode gear on my two alts to get them hard mode ready but that's pretty much my only focus in the game now. I'll probably still hit up some Trials and IB because I'm a hoarder.

My destiny time is going to go downhill for sure. Getting fallout.

Yeah I'm on the lookout for something new to play. I've never played any of the Fallout games but I'm tempted by Star Wars, and giving CoD another shot. CoD used to be my 'go to' game but I never really got into the last two.

It is going to be interesting next week as a lot of folks I am talking with are planning and flipping to Fallout 4 and cut way back on their Destiny playing.

I am getting Fallout 4 but am not quite sure when I will start it.

That being said - it might become the new multiplayer hotspot.

Need to get onboard JT!

Working on it.  May have one by this Christmas from the 'rents if I don't go tard responsible and just ask for money and gift cards for the house.

So...

With the November update, Banshee will sell weapon parts for glimmer.

In December, Petra will begin exchanging etheric light for...something. Eris will start accepting wormspore (probably for Crota's Bane rank), also.

Hopefully, etheric light doesn't just translate to rank with Petra, seeing as how that's useless right now.

So...

With the November update, Banshee will sell weapon parts for glimmer.

In December, Petra will begin exchanging etheric light for...something. Eris will start accepting wormspore (probably for Crota's Bane rank), also.

Hopefully, etheric light doesn't just translate to rank with Petra, seeing as how that's useless right now.

Hmm.  So they took away Materials for Rep with Vanguard / Crucible and now they will allow you to buy Weapon Parts with Glimmer and then turn around and ferry them to a faction for improved rep.

We have nearly come full circle.

Turing ELs in to Petra is stupid.  Either let players turn ELs in to the Speaker for Motes / Glimmer or just hand the damned things over to Variks like normal in exchange for an item you can dismantle for components.  You can almost two shot Skolas with a Sleeper Stimulant and the Zhalo was built for destroying Fallen in close quarters, so it's not like it is all that hard to beat 35 PoE.

I haven't boosted rank with Eris yet so I assume that since she is taking Wormspores in exchange for faction rep, her cap at Rank 4 is gone.

I was home sick again today from work and managed to defeat Oryx on hard mode for the first time.  So I did it again.  And again.  Didn't get any great drops.  Was able to infuse my Hung Jury up to 314 anyway and got a raid pulse rifle with glass half empty perk at 313.  

I farmed Omnigul for the Grasp of Malok with no success also.  Bungie is really going to have to pull out all the stops in the near future now with having to deal with Halo, Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Tomb Raider.  

• Like 1

Jumped on just to do the daily for the ghosts and to ready the quest for next time. Ended up doing a court for the 3rd tier 3 fragment i hadn't got (baby Crota) and it finally dropped my long awaited sublime helm. I've now got a full set of Warlock sublime armor and can still be 303 with it all on. Entirely useless but its another collection complete.