DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Main should re-air on Azteca in a few weeks as well.

Loved the match, but you'd be surprised how many people in Mexico who watched it live didn't like it. I think BT Jr. said he was bored by the match. Cesar the crazy CMLL fan, didn't like it either, but he spent most of the day burying L.A. Park and Dr. Wagner Jr. on twitter. I don't think Apolo Valdes liked it either. Very strange, but I'm use to it.

I did think Wagner brought more to the table than Park. The exchanges with Rush, while cool, couldn't live up to, let's say Negro Casas vs Rush. Wagner, on the other hand, I want to see in every Ingobernables match for the next three months.

When you finally get your new buddy to do your signature hand sign with you:

PWBttAX.gif

Such a cool little moment. I like how they built to it and made it mean something instead of just randomly doing it out of nowhere. And I'm with Matt on this one. Wagner with Los Ingobernables needs to be a thing for a while.

I did think Wagner brought more to the table than Park. The exchanges with Rush, while cool, couldn't live up to, let's say Negro Casas vs Rush. Wagner, on the other hand, I want to see in every Ingobernables match for the next three months.

Doc's an upgrade to La Mascara, so that's kinda why it worked so well. When Rush was cutting that promo talking about a legend, I thought he was going to announce Doc as a new member of Los Ingobernables, but he swerved everyone by calling Sombra a new legend, which I thought was great. You could even see Doc react a bit when he said Sombra's name. Also liked how much they teased Rush wanting to celebrate with Doc, but Sombra kept stopping him a few times.

With Park - Rush, Park won't sell as much like Casas would for Rush. Casas is in his own level when it comes to working with anyone. I thought the En Busca cibernetico was great whenever he and Virus were in. Maya too.

How did Wagner bring more to the table than Park? I don't even remember the guy taking a single bump until late into the third fall.

Did an interview with Volador Jr. last Sunday after the 3-way with Johnny Mundo & Mephisto. Here's the link!!!!!!!!!!

Volador Jr's wife (Bruni!!!!) and baby were at the show. Volador Jr. really cool guy. Stayed after to watch Superboy's youngest do some spots in the ring. Talked for about another half-hour with him. He was surprised when I brought up that I saw his dad wrestle back when he was Remo Banda.

Is it just me or have the CMLL minis matches gotten a lot better compared to where they were a year ago? They're still kind of botchy in parts, but it seems like they're getting bolder with highspots and such.

I didn't like that match as much as everyone else, but losing Pequeno Warrior was a big addition by subtraction. And Mercurio has gotten much better or I'm just noticing he's really good now.

th_5e10560336ccae071780e0a1c081f8d9_zpsu

Issue five is live!

Interviews with Hechicero, Zeuxis and Marco Corleone

Dr. lucha on the twilight of the Atlantis generation of luchadors

Matt D on Chilanga Mask 8/16 show

Examining Lucha in Love And Rockets. Bonus interview with Jaime Hernandez

Remembering Eric Caiden with Vandal Drummond

More

AAA 10/17 Reynosa lineup leaked way too early since the Heroes Inmortales 10/4 lineup isn't even out yet.

Speedball Mike Bailey debuts teaming with Aero Star & Australian Suicide vs Daga, Hijo De Pirata Morgan & Steve Pain in an actual real match. I am so beyond hyped!

Also, Jack/Angelico/surprise wrestler vs Fantasma/Texano/surprise wrestler. I *think* both surprises are US dudes that will make many people happy.

Main event is Rey Jr./Psycho Clown vs Myzteziz/Johnny Mundo.

Oh AAA - I love you so much but where were these great matches on Triplemania when you had so many eyes on you???