DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

My next big things are always about like 3 years too soon. 

It should be Pentagon Jr., since he could possibly have 3 different tag title belts in AAA in a couple weeks, but he's also kind of stuck in the midcard.

Has anybody ordered a AAA internet PPV before? What's the quality like? I'd order Triplemania via cable if I could but my provider doesn't seem to be offering it.

First show (with this provider, they've had a few) worked great, second show had audio issues at times, third one was falling apart as it came to an end. The bigger issue is the VOD stream is the live stream; if something went wrong, they never upload a clean copy a day later.

I think it'll be OK - it's in Mexico City, so it's a 'home' game on the tech side and it should be easy to do. I'd have no problem buying it (over the normal PPV) if I was watching from home, but I'd go in expecting some weirdness due to the dual feed. Something like them accidentally airing the wrong audio on the wrong feed for about 20 minutes seems normal.

• Like 1

Has anybody ordered a AAA internet PPV before? What's the quality like? I'd order Triplemania via cable if I could but my provider doesn't seem to be offering it.

About the same for me as what thecubsfan wrote. Sometimes refreshing the feed helps, but the only thing is you might have to re-login to your account.

As tromataker said beware of the spam you'll get when you sign up with internetv. I'm still getting a shitload, but I moved it over to my spam account. Still get some sent to my inbox, but not as much as in the past.

Since I'm sorta out of the loop on Lucha, who would be considered "The Next Big Thing" in Lucha right now?

There's been some good names suggested like Dragon Lee, Barbaro Cavernario, Pentagon Jr., but there could only be one "Next Big Thing" and that is....

HOMERO SIMPSON!!!!

11694036_934206779954813_709495411810191

• Like 3

Main event was fun. I felt like they tried to force the epic feeling a bit too much but it was good. The heels attacking after the fact made no sense seeming as they had the big Myzteziz turn afterwards, setting up a mask vs mask match. 

To top off the shit sundae, they then cut to a video as the heels do a group beatdown on Rey.

That Villianos Vs. Clowns match was truly awful. But I figured it had a purpose. Now don't get me wrong, it was ugly. I think I got like three different types of cholera from watching it. But I figured it was like this. You know how sometimes back in the day they would treat people with leeches? That match was like a bunch of leeches, sucking up all the bad blood, leading the way for the talented wrestlers to show off later. So good job. WELL DONE LEECHES. In the rotting burger patty that is AAA, you are the black slime.

Of course then the cage match ended up being awful too.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had decent hopes for the cage match delivering in addition to the double main events, maybe some El Mesias too. Banderas was the only good thing about that match though Demon looked better here than he has in Lucha Underground (saying nothing at all). The cage match had a few nice high spots but overall wasn't good. Cage/Patron turned into dog shit with all the table stuff.

I wasn't very impressed by TripleMania at all.  This was my first lucha show in a while and most of the matches were largely forgettable or even downright awful.  The Villanos match was god awful.  The only memorable matches were the last two.  Rey/Mysteziz was pretty solid and well worked and the latter's heel turn was nice.  He worked heel the whole match and it was pretty cool.  I'm assuming he'll be the one losing the mask.

Hugo and Stryker had terrible chemistry.  Matt would try and set shit up and Hugo would strike out bad.  They were on two different planets.