DVDVR Message Board

Non NHL Omnibus thread

odessasteps

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter is running rampant with people suggesting the Under 23 anthem.

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

The U-23 roster looks fun as hell already, even if it is (inevitably) soft on the blueline. But, I mean, the Russians don't have any defensemen either, so how bad can it be?

• 1 month later...

If you missed last night's Frozen Four final between North Dakota and Quinnipiac you missed a fun game.  The first period was filled with car wreck hit after car wreck hit.  Once the game settled down North Dakota went to work and dispatched Quinnipiac.

Go Sioux!

Because of the NHL Draft rules Frozen Four MVP Drake Caggiula and North Dakota goaltender Cam Johnson and both free agents and can sign anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Real sad news for those of us into history: Arizona has bought the Springfield Falcons and are moving them to Tuscon. I could see them getting a team in the E but Springfield is basically dead and I can't see it working. Really sad to see such a historic city leave the AHL.

• 3 weeks later...

A group in Springfield has purchased the Portland Pirates and is going to move the team there. Bittersweet as I'm glad Springfield will have a team but sad Portland will be without a team for the first time in 40 years.

On 5/5/2016 at 3:26 PM, sabremike said:

A group in Springfield has purchased the Portland Pirates and is going to move the team there. Bittersweet as I'm glad Springfield will have a team but sad Portland will be without a team for the first time in 40 years.

Incredibly, they soaked taxpayers for $30 million in arena renovations and only had to pay $100K to break the lease. Whoever negotiated that contract for Portland should be drawn and quartered.

Spare a thought for my beloved Peoria Rivermen, who lost the SPHL final to Pensacola on a game-winning goal with 0:00.1 on the clock. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Torts is as big an idiot as Jurgen Klinnsmann at this point. GRIT GRIT GRIT, who needs the clubhouse leader for the Conn Smyth right? I think you could argue that Team NA is more talented than Team USA at this point. 

I'm really not that fussed with most of the Team Canada other that Weber over Subban which we already kinda knew. That's garbage, but again we already know Babcock isn't huge on Subban. The rest is mostly splitting hairs.

Not a huge fan of the US team.

Kind of surprised no Nyqvist for Sweden.

The Young team is going to be great to watch I just hope they put in a good showing, they will have a lot of support.

Best thing about Auston Matthews being on Team NA is that he is (IIRC) half Mexican so it truly is a Team North America.