DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - DIVISIONAL ROUND

Dolfan in NYC

Another game not particularly close by the 4th quarter, sixth out of the seven playoff games so far with an anti-climatic ending. I don't think the general team talent difference is the reason, just seems like each individual game had something going against one team that put them at a disadvantage. Really hoping the Packers can show life tonight and at least give the 49ers a hard time (an upset would be fun as well).

12 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

As with most teams, the "championship window" is a grimy porthole with latches ever in danger of rusting shut. This roster will not remain financially tenable for much longer.

Thus, anything less than Super Bowl Victory is a significant disappointment.

Not quite back to the 1989-1994 level of "Anything Less Than Super Bowl Victory Is A Seppuku-Worthy Shame" but sniffing similar air.

I agreed with the window part 100% after they got destroyed by the Eagles. They’ve dragged so many bad quarterbacks/offenses to wins in 49ers country. I didn’t think they had the spiritual strength to do it again let alone the ability. Of course I didn’t know that Purdy was better than advertised to start with, that he would beat his injury and that CMC would be joining on top of the solid Mason staying. That all eliminated that bad possibility.

That still leaves the $$$ part. The 49ers have proved they don’t give a crap about it which means they will try to find a way but it does have to end and it may after this year.

Still proud of my Texans. Baltimore made adjustments, Texans didn’t and Stroud never had any time to do anything (some terrible play calling didn’t help). Defense I thought did well first half, but was clearly gassed in the 2nd half. 

Lamar is a beast. I hate him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Um Purdy is back to looking like ass

Well until that pass to Jennings

And the pass to Kittle... 

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Lamar is a beast. I hate him.

I hate the Ravens but I like Lamar. Such a freak of a talent. 

And I like Stroud. Hate that he went to Ohio but he scared the crap out of me when playing Michigan. And he seems like a good dude. He's going to be really good for a long time. 

I dunno who the commentators are but I wish they were more critical about the 49ers' time management at the end. They not only were playing for a FG even though they had time (and timeouts) but didn't even play for a short FG. And that's not just in hindsight, it felt really passive in real time, like they cared more about killing the clock than scoring.

28 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I dunno who the commentators are but I wish they were more critical about the 49ers' time management at the end. They not only were playing for a FG even though they had time (and timeouts) but didn't even play for a short FG. And that's not just in hindsight, it felt really passive in real time, like they cared more about killing the clock than scoring.

Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olson, who IMO are the worst of the #1 NFL broadcasting teams (yes, I would take Tirico/Collinsworth and Buck/Aikman over them)