DVDVR Message Board

On 2/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

It's being reported that the reason is Damore was constantly butting heads with the CEO because he wanted an increase in the budget to go after bigger stars and continue the growth.

If that's true straight up Fuck TNA. That man literally dragged your corpse out of the grave with his vision. He grew TNA back into being a talked about relevant brand for the first time since Anthem bought it.

The Man just drew the biggest gate and biggest buy rate in a decade. His vision was working you cheap fucks. Now they put in a stooge 2020s Jim Herd. And they will fall all the way back into that grave.

At least lolTNA will be a thing again.

My guess: Anthem is gearing for a tax writeoff of TNA in the next few years. Next year will be 10 years since they purchased the company. They aren't interested in growing TNA as a business or even care about drawing a gate or a buy rate, they just want to maintain a holding pattern until that time comes. Not sure why they are doing this while saying publicly they want to 'bring TNA closer to Anthem.'

If that's the case, they'll sell the tape library/brand/company to AEW or WWE/TKO and recoup or take a loss in the sale.

• Like 1

I just finished watching Hard to Kill yesterday. I enjoyed it. I didn't realize that Decay was back with that rocking theme song. I'm going to need that on apple music so I can put it on my phone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so far behind on my Impacts, but TNA+ has informed me that there will be a THIRD match between Walking Weapon and Alex Hammerstone. This means there is a second match between them on Impact somewhere! I'm so stoked! The first match was such a war!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I'm so far behind on my Impacts, but TNA+ has informed me that there will be a THIRD match between Walking Weapon and Alex Hammerstone. This means there is a second match between them on Impact somewhere! I'm so stoked! The first match was such a war!

Match 2 was on the most recent TNA+ special event, Sacrifice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1