DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

The most common refrained stat from last night is that Corey Seager because the 4th person to win World Series MVP twice (Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson and Reggie Jackson)

The Rangers are also only the third team to win the World Series within 2 years of losing 100 games

10 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Bochy with hos 4th World Series Champioship.

Still has a sub 500 win %.

He'll never surpass Connie Mack's totals, because I doubt he'd live that long.

He will get above .500 next season unless Texas goes in the tank (he is only 8 games under)

If Texas wins 91 or more games next season, he will jump up to 7th on the all time wins list (ironically he would pass Dusty for 7th). Bochy currently sits at 10th

He is 101 wins short of passing Sparky Anderson for 6th.

I guess he could stick around long enough to pass Joe Torre but that is probably the highest he gets

Also my favorite quirky thing

The Rangers signed Matt Bush to a minor league deal at the end of July. They called him up on Sept 30 (2nd to last day of the season)

He was on the playoff roster the entire postseason

He didn't throw a single pitch for the Rangers this season

He now has a ring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

He was on the playoff roster the entire postseason

I don't think Matt Bush was on the active roster for the ALCS, which led to him being removed from the bench for the last 2 games of the series after he got into things during the Garcia/Abreu fracas in game 5.

Ian Kennedy will be getting his second ring. He had an ERA over 7 this year. He also got a ring for being on the 2009 Yankees for one game.