DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ran into my first bugged quest. Fortunately only had to lose about 10 minutes of gameplay 

FYI - in case anyone runs across it - this was the Tapping the Grid quest (the one where you have to investigate the brown outs in the Well)

Basically the panels I was supposed to interact with all where saying that it "required computer" to open them (which it shouldn't do)

There are ways around it but apparently they FUBAR an achievement so I went back the 10 minutes and will wait for a patch before I try again

• Like 1

Haven’t had much time to play these last few days, but my Professor (Who in my head is a former accomplished member of society who purchased a fancy dream home and was sending money back to her parents before a school project went wrong, leading to 3 kids being eaten by wildlife. She was cleared of wrong doing, officially, but lost her job, has no aspirations of replacing it, and also the parents of those involved maaaaay have put a large bounty on her head. Basically, fun color for my Kid Stuff, Dream House, Wanted playthrough). Having a blast. Finished the first big mission for the Vanguard and oh boy is it a doozie. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

I am feeling better about the fact that apparently you can join basically all the factions if you want

That was the big reason I never finished Skyrim's main quest - I really didn't want to choose

Apparently, I done fucked up. I made it to level 20 without even touching the main story. I've watched 3 videos now saying to at least get to a certain part of the main story first and then do the side quests.

Oops.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I was on my way doing a main quest and a side quest popped up I couldn't ignore and ended up wasting a bunch of Spacers and saving a Research Facility, and got a really neat rifle for my troubles.  Well, I got a couple neat weapons, but the mission reward was a neat one (that I have NO ammo for).

I've mostly done sidequests though seeing that I'm pushing main forward now, which is, you know, unusual for a Bethesda game but sure. Probably the most interesting place a side mission took me was I took a cargo run to Red Mile which seems to be some sort of weirdo outlaw outpost where people gamble on deathmatches. Definitely going back there later.

Anyway here is my Very Trustworthy guy, the great San Holo.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That was the big reason I never finished Skyrim's main quest - I really didn't want to choose

Stormcloaks are xenophobic racists.  The choice is easy... if you're not roleplaying a Nord.

That being said, liberating Skyrim seems noble at first until you factor in that it will weaken the Empire and practically hand Tamriel over to the Thalmor.  Have fun serving your haughty High Elf overlords.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Raziel said:

On the other side, I realized now that the Lunar station was probably easier than it should've been because I *may* have used a glitch that got be Constellation's Mark I gear well before I should've been able to open the case.

It does crack me up how stupid easy this was to do.

It is interesting that you can remove the Kid Stuff perk by telling your Dad you can't afford to send money home every week

I am assuming you don't get to pick a replacement.

I also wonder how many other perks are like that

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is interesting that you can remove the Kid Stuff perk by telling your Dad you can't afford to send money home every week

I am assuming you don't get to pick a replacement.

I also wonder how many other perks are like that

There is a doctor on Neon that you can eliminate the Terra Firma perk for 10k.

I only took the Freestar perk for the first playthrough because I knew that the Rangers give a ship when finishing that line.  everything else I'll mess with in subsuquent playthroughs.  

Ugh. Ok. Another complaint that's again related to encumbrance. So at the Lodge in the basement you can basically put ALL of your resources/mats in the storage crate on the workbench because it has unlimited storage. The thing that sucks though, is that unlike your mats being stored on your ship and being able to be used at any workbench you go to, the storage crate in the Lodge doesn't work like that.

So I'm hoping someone mods this fucking thing to let the storage crate act the same as the storage on your ship.

And I finally started doing main story stuff after spending 21 levels not doing it. I'm not far into the main storyline, but it's pretty easy at this point. A lot of going here and there to talk to someone and then going somewhere else to do the same.

See, for the Snake Worshippers, I wasn't digging the "You need to jump all the time or lose health" caveat, as I'm not one to randomly jump.  I'm also pretty sure I'm end up not liking them too much, given the story mission I ran into them had me running silent to avoid them, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get into an open shooting war with them eventually.

Like when I pick up a bigger ship, since the Spacers in Alterra almost killed me, but I'm not sure going by what upgrades I could see last time I was at New Atlantis that I could even take them easier upgraded.

Enjoying the game but I really don't think the game does a great job of explaining some of its own systems. Like, why have I picked up an extra follower but I can't "assign" them to my ship, but they're still in the ship anyway? Shit like this doesn't make a ton of sense.

Loving the actual game though. It really does feel like an old school Bethesda game to me, warts and all, just in space. I missed this.

Fucking fucking fuck. I think I’m game breaking bugged on the very start of the main story quest. If you’ve played the main story for even 30 minutes you’ll know what I’m talking about.

I’m only at the part where I’m trying to find a guy whose name starts with M (I can’t remember it) and it was thought he was on Venus, but then you find out he might be at a space station orbiting Luna. So I go there, dock, board the space station, and then my dude is frozen. I can’t move, but I’m talking to Sarah like she’s there with me. I can’t save or anything. I have to load a previous save. I do that then try to board again and the same thing happens. Reload a save again and talk to Sarah on the ship first and she asks if I’m ready to go and I tell her let’s go and then a black box appears saying I can’t proceed because I need to finish up a companion quest I’m on.

WTF?! I’m not doing a companion quest. Sarah then says something similar about me needing to wrap something up first. I start looking through my open quests and I can’t find anything for a companion quest or mission. I have plenty of open missions or activities, but I didn’t start any companion quest. I have no idea wtf to do.

• Sad 1