DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/12 - 6/18/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Gauntlet match was good stuff. Dug the Brutes going the distance with Sheamus looking great and Ridge getting in his moments. The finale with Pretty Deadly was nice stuff and I'm happy they won. The post match segment with Sami and KO while fun felt kind of unnecessary. 

Io/Zelina was building into something solid before the screwy finish. Dislike seeing Io lose to Zelina, but it makes sense to add fuel to the coming breakup of Io & Bayley. The backstage segment with Shotzi later was another decent addition to that fire. Was neat to hear them reference Io and Zelina meeting in Stardom back in 2016.

Skipped a lot of the GWE until Bianca came out. Thought the segment did a decent job giving Bianca back some much needed fire, and the crowd was completely behind her while not necessarily shitting on Charlotte. I assume Charlotte is the one who turns if that continues. Not sure what would be better as both might be better off as heels right now. Still kind of hoping the coming feud between these two isn't actually for the title They don't need it. 

AJ/Mia vs. Kross/Scarlett was short but fun while it lasted.

The final segment was damn fine stuff. Jey did an excellent job with his promo to make people think there was finally just a chance he may not make the decision we all knew was coming. The reactions from Roman, Solo, and Heyman were all perfect. Just great stuff all around.

Show overall was kind of carried by the gauntlet match and final segment. the other matches were too short. The other segments were fine, but could have either shaved off a minute or two (Charlotte/Bianca) or not happened to give the matches a little bit more breathing room (Sami/KO & Pretty Deadly).

• Like 2

Remember when Cody Rhodes said “There you’ll be a man without a family, a Roman with no more reigns, a chief without a tribe."

Sami Zayn: "Hey, Roman. You know it's over, right? You know the Bloodline is collapsing and it's all your fault."

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Remember when Cody Rhodes said “There you’ll be a man without a family, a Roman with no more reigns, a chief without a tribe."

Sami Zayn: "Hey, Roman. You know it's over, right? You know the Bloodline is collapsing and it's all your fault."

But will it matter when his last reign (I’m assuming this might be it) goes on for three plus years after Cody said that? I’d like to think they’ll move the belt onto someone by WM40 at the latest, but I just don’t see it. And if it’s not Sami to do it then I think they’ve really missed the boat (again).

• Like 2

Yeah I'm still digging the story and the angle this week was awesome, but it's undeniably a way to pad out Roman's reign. Maybe Roman will defend vs Jey again, but I'd be flabbergasted if his lost that, which means they will likely go another 3+ months with this angle without him having another viable challenger. It's hard to say Cody/Sami/KO 'won' if Roman keeps the belt until next Wrestlemania.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LF2 said:

But will it matter when his last reign (I’m assuming this might be it) goes on for three plus years after Cody said that? I’d like to think they’ll move the belt onto someone by WM40 at the latest, but I just don’t see it. And if it’s not Sami to do it then I think they’ve really missed the boat (again).

4 minutes ago, Steventon said:

Yeah I'm still digging the story and the angle this week was awesome, but it's undeniably a way to pad out Roman's reign. Maybe Roman will defend vs Jey again, but I'd be flabbergasted if his lost that, which means they will likely go another 3+ months with this angle without him having another viable challenger. It's hard to say Cody/Sami/KO 'won' if Roman keeps the belt until next Wrestlemania.

When Roman Reigns surprisingly retained at WrestleMania XXXIX, I thought it would be Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes II at SummerSlam either by the match getting booked or Rhodes winning MITB and announcing in advance the SummerSlam match. I don't see Reigns losing the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship till WrestleMania XL. I want Reigns to drop it either to Rhodes, Sami Zayn or Jey Uso. I think it'll be Rhodes at WM XL.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Natural said:

When Roman Reigns surprisingly retained at WrestleMania XXXIX, I thought it would be Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes II at SummerSlam either by the match getting booked or Rhodes winning MITB and announcing in advance the SummerSlam match. I don't see Reigns losing the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship till WrestleMania XL. I want Reigns to drop it either to Rhodes, Sami Zayn or Jey Uso. I think it'll be Rhodes at WM XL.

We’re in agreement on when and to whom he’ll lose it, but I still wouldn’t be shocked if they keep kicking the can further down the road. 

I think they need to have a really good plan for how to keep Cody hot between SummerSlam and XL too as the Brock feud will (should) be done after SummerSlam. And I can’t see them doing the old Rhodes staple of Team Cody vs Team Roman at SurvivorSeries in WarGames as Roman doesn’t have enough of his family still with him. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what road they give Cody, and if fans don’t decide they want Seth or Sami instead (I still don’t think they’re done with Seth vs Roman after the promo Seth and Heyman had on Raw awhile back).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LF2 said:

We’re in agreement on when and to whom he’ll lose it, but I still wouldn’t be shocked if they keep kicking the can further down the road. 

I think they need to have a really good plan for how to keep Cody hot between SummerSlam and XL too as the Brock feud will (should) be done after SummerSlam. And I can’t see them doing the old Rhodes staple of Team Cody vs Team Roman at SurvivorSeries in WarGames as Roman doesn’t have enough of his family still with him. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what road they give Cody, and if fans don’t decide they want Seth or Sami instead (I still don’t think they’re done with Seth vs Roman after the promo Seth and Heyman had on Raw awhile back).

Agreed on all counts. Be interesting to see who gets Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes after SummerSlam and building towards WrestleMania XL. Roman is easier: vs. Jey, vs. Jimmy, teaming with Solo vs. Usos and then Roman vs. Solo. Could always go back to Sami/Owens but that's been done already and I don't think you can recapture those highs, can't have Sami losing again. Sami winning would be bigger than Owens. As for Cody Rhodes in the meantime, I can see Cody vs. GUNTHER and Cody vs. AJ Styles. You can't have Cody winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins, it has to be Reigns' Undisputed WWE Universal Championship which includes the belt Dusty never won. I don't think you can recapture that striking when the irons hot which Sami had at Elimination Chamber and Cody at WrestleMania XXXIX. Everybody thought Cody was winning there. Look at what happened to Tetsuya Naito, everyone thought he was winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship from Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 12 but he retained and Naito won it two years later at Wrestle Kingdom 14. Wrestle Kingdom 12 was the time.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Agreed on all counts. Be interesting to see who gets Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes after SummerSlam and building towards WrestleMania XL. Roman is easier: vs. Jey, vs. Jimmy, teaming with Solo vs. Usos and then Roman vs. Solo. Could always go back to Sami/Owens but that's been done already and I don't think you can recapture those highs, can't have Sami losing again. Sami winning would be bigger than Owens. As for Cody Rhodes in the meantime, I can see Cody vs. GUNTHER and Cody vs. AJ Styles. You can't have Cody winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins, it has to be Reigns' Undisputed WWE Universal Championship which includes the belt Dusty never won. I don't think you can recapture that striking when the irons hot which Sami had at Elimination Chamber and Cody at WrestleMania XXXIX. Everybody thought Cody was winning there. Look at what happened to Tetsuya Naito, everyone thought he was winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship from Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 12 but he retained and Naito won it two years later at Wrestle Kingdom 14. Wrestle Kingdom 12 was the time.

I’d give your post 1,000 likes if I could. The Naito comparison in particular is perfect. It applies to both Cody and Sami, and is why I’m not sure they don’t swerve us and have Seth defeat Roman instead. Plus we’ve been told how many times that Seth is Triple H’s “guy”. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I’d give your post 1,000 likes if I could. The Naito comparison in particular is perfect. It applies to both Cody and Sami, and is why I’m not sure they don’t swerve us and have Seth defeat Roman instead. Plus we’ve been told how many times that Seth is Triple H’s “guy”. 

Cheers, mate. Oh, man I really hope Seth Rollins doesn't win it. Swerve for swerves sake, ugh. Rollins has a win over Reigns at Royal Rumble 2022 when Reigns got DQ'd defending the WWE Universal Championship.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Thought I'd have a quick go at the 10 best Bloodline bouts:

10. Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens. Royal Rumble 2023.

9. Roman Reigns/Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso/Sami Zayn/Solo Sikoa vs. Sheamus/Butch/Ridge Holland/Kevin Owens/Drew McIntyre. Survivor Series: WarGames 2022.

8. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs. Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso. Smackdown, 28th April 2023.

7. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Edge. WrestleMania XXXVII.

6. Roman Reigns vs. Sami Zayn. Elimination Chamber 2023.

5. Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes. WrestleMania XXXIX.

4. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. SummerSlam 2022.

3. Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso. Clash of Champions 2020.

2. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs. Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso. WrestleMania XXXIX. *****. 

1. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan. Smackdown, 30th April 2021. *****.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Fucking brilliant.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Watch this also.

I keep on watching this. Perfect. Check the crowd out, some are jumping while others have their hands on their head mouth open.

• Like 2

Is it me or does Paul carrying the belts on the way to the back remind anyone else of Rumble/Frenzy carrying Megatron's cannon after he gets shredded in the '86 movie?

• Like 2

I did not think we would have a better angle than Sami turning on Roman to save KO at The Rumble.  But here we are.

They really has a chance to be an iconic moment — like The Horsemen jumping Dusty or Austin giving Vince the beer bath or KO backstabbing Sami or Eddie’s mask promo or Eddie Gilbert siding with The Russians.

That pop was insane. We all knew it was coming, but Jey was just so great (and Jimmy) while Roman and Paul were being assholes in the background thinking their ploy came to fruition. 

But Roman makes this happen with the way he sold both those kicks. Damn, He shot right back and took some spinal trauma to really make the moment shocking and like he did not see it coming. Great character moment because it really put so much to his comeuppance — so self-assured his manipulations and gaslighting would work again, only boom.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

Are there any other men out there that could and should join Bloodline? I see the recent developments as eventually refreshing the Bloodline unit and just giving Roman another challenger (Jey).

Jacob Fatu would be incredible. Not sure his status.

I could also see us getting some kind of tribal summit segment where Rikishi turns on his kids because he knows who pays the air bill 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thought I'd have a quick go at the 10 best Bloodline bouts:

10. Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens. Royal Rumble 2023.

9. Roman Reigns/Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso/Sami Zayn/Solo Sikoa vs. Sheamus/Butch/Ridge Holland/Kevin Owens/Drew McIntyre. Survivor Series: WarGames 2022.

8. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs. Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso. Smackdown, 28th April 2023.

7. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Edge. WrestleMania XXXVII.

6. Roman Reigns vs. Sami Zayn. Elimination Chamber 2023.

5. Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes. WrestleMania XXXIX.

4. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. SummerSlam 2022.

3. Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso. Clash of Champions 2020.

2. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs. Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso. WrestleMania XXXIX. *****. 

1. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan. Smackdown, 30th April 2021. *****.

What did you think of Jey vs Roman Hell In A Cell? I see you put their Clash of Champions match 3rd, that’s why I’m curious. 

Here’s my list:

Sami/KO vs USOs WM39

Roman vs Sami Elimination Chamber

Roman vs Jey Uso Hell In A Cell

Roman vs Drew McIntyre Clash At The Castle

Roman vs Brock Lesnar SummerSlam 2022

Roman vs Logan Paul Crown Jewel 2022

Roman vs Cody Rhodes WM39

Roman vs Seth Rollins Royal Rumble 2022

Roman vs Daniel Bryan Smackdown April 2021

Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs Roman/Solo Night Of Champions 2023

Edited by LF2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 赤い竜 said:

Are there any other men out there that could and should join Bloodline? I see the recent developments as eventually refreshing the Bloodline unit and just giving Roman another challenger (Jey).

There are a couple in MLW and Umaga's son started wrestling recently as well. As mentioned above they could also extend to people like Tama Tonga and his brothers, especially considering Haku is like an uncle to the Anoa'i family anyways. 

In the end I don't think anyone gets added. Feels like we are far enough along that no one new is likely coming in. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, LF2 said:

What did you think of Jey vs Roman Hell In A Cell? I see you put their Clash of Champions match 3rd, that’s why I’m curious. 

Here’s my list:

Sami/KO vs USOs WM39

Roman vs Sami Elimination Chamber

Roman vs Jey Uso Hell In A Cell

Roman vs Drew McIntyre Clash At The Castle

Roman vs Brock Lesnar SummerSlam 2022

Roman vs Logan Paul Crown Jewel 2022

Roman vs Cody Rhodes WM39

Roman vs Seth Rollins Royal Rumble 2022

Roman vs Daniel Bryan Smackdown April 2021

Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs Roman/Solo Night Of Champions 2023

Thank you for your list. The HIAC narrowly fell of mine. With hindsight I probably keep it on.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Happening at Money in the Bank titled Bloodline Civil War:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/bloodline-civil-war-official-for-wwe-money-in-the-bank

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1