DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021-22: PERIOD 2

RIPPA

Brad Marchand gets 6 games for punching, then high-sticking, Jarry from Pittsburgh. This is the second suspension this year, and eighth overall, for the guy whose been "so much better lately". 

Has there ever been a player who gets suspended so often while consistently getting off easy on punishments? 

Also, who holds record for most suspensions? 

Tyler Toffoli is on his way to Calgary.

The Montreal Canadiens traded top-line winger Toffoli to the Flames on Monday in exchange for a 2022 first-round draft choice (which is top-10 protected), a 2024 fifth-round pick, forward Tyler Pitlick and prospect Emil Heineman.

There was no salary retained in the trade. Toffoli is in the second season of a four-year, $17 million contract he signed with Montreal as an unrestricted free agent in October 2020.

20 hours ago, Death From Above said:

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jack Eichel will make his debut for the Golden Knights on Wednesday

Gee, it's almost like these two things are linked.

On a side note, I'm amazed that Eichel is back this quick.  Only been 3 months since his surgery.  That's incredible.

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

On a side note, I'm amazed that Eichel is back this quick.  Only been 3 months since his surgery.  That's incredible.

Well that was the whole thing - the surgery Eichel wanted (and had) had a much quicker recovery time

The Sabres preferred Eichel to receive a fusion surgery, which would have had him back on the ice in six months. Eichel's doctors suggested a disk replacement surgery, which would have him sidelined for a shorter period of time and carried a much lower risk that the center would need future surgeries later in life.

The Sabres weren't comfortable letting Eichel become the first player in the NHL to receive an artificial disk surgery.

Buffalo stripped Eichel of his captaincy this year and helped facilitate the Nov. 4 trade to the Golden Knights, who allowed Eichel to get his preferred surgery eight days later.

Since then, Chicago Blackhawks forward Tyler Johnson also had artificial disk replacement surgery.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:26 AM, RIPPA said:

Well that was the whole thing - the surgery Eichel wanted (and had) had a much quicker recovery time

Well, yeah, I knew it was a quicker recovery time, just didn't realize it was THAT much quicker.

I'll be keeping an eye on him - disc replacement could be in my future as well.

Detroit with a nice 3-2 shootout win over the Rangers last night in New York.  Dylan Larkin continued his superstar-level play with another goal.  He's on a tear of averaging about 2 pts a game for the last few weeks.

And we got this beautiful reverse hit from Mo Seider on Chris Kreider:

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1494492300680081433

One of the fun things about ESPN+ is I get to see the Panthers a lot more than I did.  So I get to also see psychotic things like...

Minnesota pulling their goalie with 7 minutes left.  And lol Florida scores in 30 seconds.

I have seen talk that Jason Botulism (one of the worst and most comically incompetent GM's in hockey history) is the leading candidate for the Hawks job and really they deserve no better.

Crazy game in Detroit tonight. Toronto goes up 7-2 after 2 periods. 5 minutes later, it's 7-6. Final score ends up 10-7, Toronto - highest scoring Wings game in 29 years.