DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/17

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing October 17, 2013 from Tulsa, OK. Last show before Bound for Glory.

*Dixie Carter promo. Bully Ray came out and was interrupted by Magnus. They went back and forth on the mic until Magnus hit Bully which setup a match between them for the main event.

*Robbie E def. Eric Young, Christopher Daniels, & Hernandez

*Samoa Joe def. Chris Sabin via rear naked choke submission. After the match, Austin Aries attacked Joe followed by Hardy and Manik joining in for a brawl with the Ultimate X participants.

*AJ Styles promo and he's interrupted by Garett Bischoff & Knux attacking him. James Storm & Gunner made the save setting up Gunner vs Knux..

*Gunner (w/ James Storm) def. Knux (w/ Garett Bischoff)

*Kurt Angle came out in a suit for a promo. He talked about Bobby Roode reminding him of himself. Roode interrupted and they argued back and forth until a brawl broke out. Angle got the upper hand until Daniels & Kazarian helped Roode beat down Kurt.

*Bully Ray def. Magnus with a low blow after Sting accidentally distracted Magnus. Magnus and Sting argued afterwards with Magnus walking off upset.

*Dixie Carter came out for the Styles vs Bully contract signing and brought both guys out. Bully said Styles can't beat him and talked about Flair and Dusty. Bully says he put the wrestling world on hard times. Bully bragged about beating Sting at Slammiversary, running Sabin back to the X Division, and took credit for Hulk leaving TNA. Bully said he'd send Styles back to Georgia with nothing and mocked his family. Styles said Bully can't compare to Flair and called him a bitch. Styles said he has everything to gain and signed the contract. A brawl broke out and Styles ended up arguing with Dixie.

This was largely just a show, but the Roode-Angle build was outstanding and Joe-Sabin was an awesome little match. Dixie showing off the Dixie Land fun bucks was hilarious. Great main event promo bit with Bully, and AJ was okay too. Dixie groveling over her fake Dixie money at the end was hilarious.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/tna-impact-10-17-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

It's all about the Game-eh

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/4zg6fel9xdxjah0053nn4krfyahbet2j

Posted Image

The best part of this one is that either

A ) They had an entire week to fix it and didn't

B ) They wait till the last minute and then slap together their graphics package

I really want to be as incompetent at my job

Posted Image

The best part of this one is that either

A ) They had an entire week to fix it and didn't

B ) They wait till the last minute and then slap together their graphics package

I really want to be as incompetent at my job

You have to bear in mind that TNA is hideously under-staffed and it's not unusual for one backstage person to be doing 2 or 3 different jobs at once and working really long hours.

Incompetent? Maybe. But I'm leaning towards them just being so exhausted and over-worked they're missing things like this.

They must a GOLDEN opportunity to play into the storyline right at the end.

AJ is talking about winning the world title so he can make Dixie beg and pay.

All he had to do was turn around and she was on her knees clutching lots of money. And they didn't do it.

I am beyond tired of Bully Ray. Dude went from being one of my favorites on Impact to my least favorite in less than a year. Also whoever told Dixie she could be TNA's version of Mr. McMahon should be pistol whipped. Repeatedly.

I am beyond tired of Bully Ray. Dude went from being one of my favorites on Impact to my least favorite in less than a year. Also whoever told Dixie she could be TNA's version of Mr. McMahon should be pistol whipped. Repeatedly.

The theory is they've turned Dixie heel and made her the star of the show so she won't shut the whole thing down.