DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Very classy gesture by the Eagles, giving a former secretary fired by Chip Kelly a Super Bowl ring. . . . http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23804871/philadelphia-eagles-surprise-former-team-secretary-super-bowl-ring

Also: fuck Chip "NFL Flop" Kelly.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah with how he played. it's no surprise he had to retire so young (he's on;y 30). This will always be my favorite memory of him. If you look real close you can see Davis' soul temporarily leave his body:

On 5/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, CSC said:

So essentially keep players with differing views in the closet.  Sure, nothing wrong with that at all.  :rolleyes:

To the shock of absolutely everyone, I'm sure, the NFLPA has filed a grievance against the league for the new anthem policy. 

• Like 2

Running backs are paid less then every position except kicker and punter, and have the second shortest average career span of any position group in the NFL. I can't blame any of them for trying to get as much as they can as soon as they can.

But given the horrible way the NFL is setup, I also can't blame teams for lowballing them and dumping them quickly. Demarco Murray this past week just demonstrated both sides of this. He was offensive player of the year, what, four years ago? Led the AFC in rushing yards two years ago. Now he's done.

• Like 1

There's so little difference between a serviceable running back and a good one that it makes no sense to overpay. Sucks for the players though. 

Murray fell off a cliff since he went to the Eagles and then the Titans so paying him big bucks wasn't really worth it.

This Steelers team in about 2 to 3 years is going to be really bad unless they start thinking about the future.  They have no legit backup at QB and right now James conner would be their #2 if Bell takes the bluff and leaves.  Le'veon says that he will have the "best year ever" which would make sense if you are playing for a contract next year.   I guess we will see if he decides to show up to training camp in last week of training camp or act like an idiot the way he did before the Jaguars game.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic