DVDVR Message Board

How happy are you with WWE right now?

Adam

What do you think of WWE in 2015?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Happiness level:

• Very happy - I wouldn't change a thing.
    • Happy - A few hiccups but I think they're going in the right direction.
    • Hit/Miss - I'm not too dissatisfied or bothered with the product.
    • Unhappy - I skip through certain segments and shows.
    • Very unhappy - I'm fed up with how WWE is right now. Changes needed!

I've seen them boo Corbin and Eva.  I agreed with them booing Corbin because I felt he was pretty bad up until a couple months ago and he's been there a while. Eva, I thought it was unfair because she had just started training.

I guess they went at Dana Brooke too but that has quieted down.

I've seen them boo Corbin and Eva.  I agreed with them booing Corbin because I felt he was pretty bad up until a couple months ago and he's been there a while. Eva, I thought it was unfair because she had just started training.

As someone who goes to Fullsail to mess with his ex, naw man. You don't see the folks that they have training in that performance center. Eva's ass would have still been practicing running the ropes is her ass wasn't so pretty. Folks have been training for years only for some green as grass deer in the headlights robot to try to act like she is ready when she know she is not. I know for a fact that the fans are patient with her and will be cool if she stays in NXT for a year and makes actual gains. Hell, I remember reading about a house show when they chanted, "Eva's learning." Like I get shitting on the NXT crowd because they do stupid shit sometimes, but with Eva Marie, it is a "hate but please do better so we can actually tolerate you" relationship.

Can we make an official Hive-Mind ruling that this "NXT fans only love super-indies" talking point is dead and buried?

You make sure the Hive-Mind doesn't change it so that "Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax didn't deserve to get a NXT Women's Title match at Takeover because they aren't good enough- regardless of Bayley feuding with them! Give the spot to Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, or Adrienne Reese even though the former two are borderline jobbers and the latter only did one dark match, because they're SHIMMER standouts so they deserve to be in the big Takeover match!" (all things I've seen said on other boards), and I'll agree that the "NXT fans only love super-indies" talking point is dead and buried. 

Eva's ass would have still been practicing running the ropes is her ass wasn't so pretty. Folks have been training for years only for some green as grass deer in the headlights robot to try to act like she is ready when she know she is not. I know for a fact that the fans are patient with her and will be cool if she stays in NXT for a year and makes actual gains. Hell, I remember reading about a house show when they chanted, "Eva's learning." Like I get shitting on the NXT crowd because they do stupid shit sometimes, but with Eva Marie, it is a "hate but please do better so we can actually tolerate you" relationship.

Wait a second. Eva told people she was ready and forced them to put her on the shows? I hadn't heard that.

As someone who goes to Fullsail to mess with his ex, naw man. You don't see the folks that they have training in that performance center. Eva's ass would have still been practicing running the ropes is her ass wasn't so pretty. Folks have been training for years only for some green as grass deer in the headlights robot to try to act like she is ready when she know she is not. I know for a fact that the fans are patient with her and will be cool if she stays in NXT for a year and makes actual gains. Hell, I remember reading about a house show when they chanted, "Eva's learning." Like I get shitting on the NXT crowd because they do stupid shit sometimes, but with Eva Marie, it is a "hate but please do better so we can actually tolerate you" relationship.

These same fans who chanted "Shut the fuck up!" at her when she cut her promo to set up the title match after being on NXT TV for maybe two months

Jordan is getting over just fine. He's not as over as Gable, but the fans like him. Could he be a successful solo babyface? Probably not yet but he's getting there.

I haven't seen anyone around here say Jax isn't good enough for a title shot or the Aussie jobbers should get it. I really don't go out of my way to talk wrestling with morons though so I guess these people could exist. Having said that the Full Sail audience seems to buy Jax as a legit threat.

• Like 1

Can we make an official Hive-Mind ruling that this "NXT fans only love super-indies" talking point is dead and buried?

You make sure the Hive-Mind doesn't change it so that "Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax didn't deserve to get a NXT Women's Title match at Takeover because they aren't good enough- regardless of Bayley feuding with them! Give the spot to Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, or Adrienne Reese even though the former two are borderline jobbers and the latter only did one dark match, because they're SHIMMER standouts so they deserve to be in the big Takeover match!" (all things I've seen said on other boards), and I'll agree that the "NXT fans only love super-indies" talking point is dead and buried. 

DOI doesn't count as a real board.

Uh...I'm gonna need to see the receipts. 

I mostly hang out here, but on other boards that I've seen, I've not seen one post saying any of that stuff. The NXT crowd also seems to accept whoever is actually any good/improving, which includes Nia Jax.

I call bullshit on this one. 

These same fans who chanted "Shut the fuck up!" at her when she cut her promo to set up the title match after being on NXT TV for maybe two months

Yeah, that.

I got nothing.

I've been to one or two NXT shows and there a bunch of regulars and some casuals. One live show and one thing that had in Cocoa. The regulars are usually the smarky fans, and were the ones who started the uncalled Sasha's ratchet chants. They are the rowdy bunch. Then there is a bunch of folks that are super supportive and try to encourage people in the ring and just want a good show. They are just not seen or heard much. With Eva, you have the smarks that have this ECW mentality and Eva is literally embodies everything they hate. If Eva gets good and starts improving, which in two months she is botching on Sin Cara levels already, they will shut up like they shut up about Corbin. I am just sick of this "ungrateful fans" mentality against the people who are actually invested in the product. They could literally go to Universal and watch that shit show TNA, but they don't. 

Back to main roster WWE, one of the other problems that they have is that they have too many 9-12 minute matches that should be 4-6 minute matches. No need for drawn out heatless heel control segments in every fucking match, 

Back to main roster WWE, one of the other problems that they have is that they have too many 9-12 minute matches that should be 4-6 minute matches. No need for drawn out heatless heel control segments in every fucking match, 

This is all part of too much airtime. If the matches get cut in half, what fills that extra time?

The "floor spot -> (Insert wrestler) is rolling! -> commercial" thing has to be one of the more annoying tropes in WWE, though.

• Like 1

They could feature more guys and have more matches instead of longer ones. They could do control center stuff to hype house shows and PPVs. They could have more wrestler-hosted segments. They could do more sit down interviews ala Goldust in 1997 to help their wrestlers get over by saying something genuine instead of something written and edited by a seventy-year-old coke fiend.

Just a few ideas there. Anything sounds better than The Big Show on fucking offense for four more minutes than he needs to be while the crowd desperately tries to stay awake for the transition into the face's comeback. 

I only ffwd through Raw to watch one or two matches with guys I like.  I get recaps of the rest through podcasts.  This week, I deleted it from the DVR sight unseen.

WWE has become Wal Mart or McDonald's.  Everything is homogenized and consistently dull, week in and week out.  There's zero excitement, no spontaneity and no reason at all to believe next week's bland, 3-hour snoozefest will be any different than last week's.  They aren't a wrestling company anymore; they are a content generation service who puts out an inoffensive 5 hours per week for their cable partners per their contracts.  Vince has finally succeeded in making wrestling mainstream (business-wise, anyway),as now it conducts itself like every other dull American product geared toward attracting the largest audience, to hell with excitement and creativity.  Congrats.

• Like 3

I voted v unhappy as I recall but I was futzing around with WWE 2K14 today. Two years ago, they had Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, and Cesaro all on the active roster and now they don't. Not excusing their terrible booking but they've taken a terrible hit talent wise of late.

It's not an excuse, though. Since then they've added Kevin Owens, Rusev, Neville, Breeze, the Wyatt Family, and three of the Four Horsewoman. There is no reason for them not to figure out that they need to create new stars, but they can't figure out anything past "Push the shit out of Roman."

• Like 1

It's not an excuse, though. Since then they've added Kevin Owens, Rusev, Neville, Breeze, the Wyatt Family, and three of the Four Horsewoman. There is no reason for them not to figure out that they need to create new stars, but they can't figure out anything past "Push the shit out of Roman."

No offense, but all those new talents combined don't equal even one Cena.