DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF - WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

Aw, dammit. Was hoping Oregon would pull an Oklahoma and bail out my flawless picks streak with a late comeback.

d08b061103d3df07c351b60b465158e1.200x150

Blame Adams. He airmailed a wide open receiver going into the endzone on 2nd down, then badly underthrew his guy on 4th.

The box score says Arkansas passed the ball FIFTY TIMES in that game, but that can't be right. Surely not.

They only punted twice, and one of those punts got blocked. Still, Bielema getting beat by a MAC team from Ohio days after he ripped Ohio State's schedule seems comically fitting.

The trend of today continued: it wasn't until the 4th quarter that the Sun Devils could put away almighty Cal Poly.

Michigan State definitely deals with the idea that, even after winning 7 of the last 8, they are still seen as little brother. And that Michigan is much much more concerned with Ohio. And, honestly, even with the series off right now, a lot of Michigan fans see Notre Dame on at least the same level as Sparty.

But Michigan does desperately need to beat Michigan State some.

I kinda get the feels, because as a UCLA fan, obviously, our main rival is USC, and there's plenty of people that would consider Notre Dame to be USC's biggest rival. I'm not sure I agree, and I've met plenty of Trojan fans who agree, but I think that's the perception nationwide.

Of course, UCLA doesn't really have that 'little brother' relationship to 'SC. Yeah, historically USC has more titles, more trophy's, all that, but that's really only true in football, with the relationship being completely reversed for basketball. Even in football, the rivalry is far more even than it seems.

Speaking of my Bruins, next week should be a good test for them. BYU is solid, and, while I expect a win, it should be interesting. The way the rest of the Pac-12 is playing, I really feel like UCLA has a solid chance to run the table up to USC, and maybe get in the playoff. All depends on Josh Rosen.