DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Damnit don't give him any ideas.  I know the somebody is either gonna be me or Stout.

It'll be me. Dan stabs me in Freemode just 'cause he can.

Few things are more satisfying than whipping someone's ass who's trying to sneak up on me for a melee kill. TAKE THAT, RIPPA!

I think I could set aside my fear of my beloved K/D Ratio losing ground long enough to be a Passive Mode suicide bomber in the service of DVDR when the next tank shows up in free mode.

I think I could set aside my fear of my beloved K/D Ratio losing ground long enough to be a Passive Mode suicide bomber in the service of DVDR when the next tank shows up in free mode.

Hell, I'd love to. I give not one wet dammit about my K/D ratio. ALLAH AKBAR!

YUSUF, YUSUF, YUSUF~!

Today being Tuesday Night Titans, we may have to give this suicide bomb thing a go.

HA~!  Tuesday Night Titans = TNT.  I see what we did there!

TNT!

Bomb!

it's a joke, son!

Boy's about as sharp as a bowlin' ball...

• Like 2

Hey I finally just got a crate drop in a public room.  It only ended up being 250RP and sticky bombs, but I was the only one out by Blaine County airfield so it was an easy grab.  On my way back to the city from that I found a couple gang fights I hadn't done before and won a couple one on one Deathmatches I was challenged to.

All in all a productive morning.  My heavy sniper and new ability to roll are making freemode hj-inxs a ton more fun and profitable.

• Like 1

Oh and how quickly it all turns to anger...

First of all - fuck that new off-road, Liberator only race, in the rain no less.  I don't think I hit a single rock without flipping over or flying off a cliff.

Then spend forever defending a crate drop area and wait, and wait, and wait and eventually say forget it because Brazil/Germany is starting in 10 minutes so I start heading back down the hill and I see the fucking helicopter with the crate drop fly right past me and drop it off where I just was for the last twenty minutes for an easy grab for the dude I sniped a dozen times

• Like 2

Apologies. We did not get our power back until after 9:00.

I will fix my other DM to increase the max player number for jobber thursday.

I think the force of july map needs more guns obviously. That or play with owned.

• Like 1

I'm glad you posted that J.T. I had no context for "Mary Lou" until then. It's weird because I'm at that age where it's all "music sucks" and "get off my lawn," but y'all must have a few years on me because I didn't know Mary Lou. This was my Mary Lou.

Yep. I coined "Mary Lou" out of frustration over people in freemode kiling me and using it and me cussing them and saying this wasn't gymnastics. I'm 45 and Mary Lou is 46, so she was right up my alley, time-wise. She's probably the most famous gymnastics person of my generation. People doing all those rolls made me think of gymnasts doing floor exercises, and when I thought "gymnast," I thought "Mary Lou."

By the time Kerri Strug came along, I couldn't give enough of a shit about the Olympics to remember her. 

Yeah, a few more weapons in that deathmatch would be nice. I remember thinking "why does everyone in this deathmatch have a weapon but me?" I gave up trying to melee kill people 'cause a teammate would come along with a grenade or weapon and kill me, so I tried to run around and find a weapon. Didn't work. It was still fun.

• Like 1

Force of July most certainly does not need more guns.   It is frustratingly awesome and fine the way it is.

If you are going to add more weapons, only add melee weapons and maybe a pistol or two. 

Assault Rifles, SMGs, and Shotguns will not force you to be creative when getting kills.  They will make things too easy.

It also needs a way to allow roof access that isn't being lucky to spawn up there after a death.

My only kills came via the sniper

Of course - scoping was damn near impossible because the map was shaking so much from the explosions

When i was testing it, it put me up there, so i think i figured you couldclimb up.

Putting a connex or something down by the garage isvprob where it should go.

I did like having the rpg as a line of sight opponent forvthe sniper rifle.

I hope people got their grenade awards out if it.

Like i said earlier, i will fiddle with it and thevitger new one tonight, weather permitting. :)

I am two kills away from my Silver medal for grenade kills and I got the Bronze for Sticky Bomb kills thanks to Mark's new deathmatch. 

I also tried to aim with the spawned Sniper Rifle and found it almost impossible due to the multiple explosions.  I think that either Mis or JStout obliterated me with a grenade when I was a distracted sniper trying to gun Rippa down from his rooftop sanctuary. 

I respawned just in time to see Mark's rocket hit Rippa's sniper nest and blow him to Kingdom Come.  I wish I had captured that moment on video.

Weapon wise, if it were me I'd just put a grenade launcher or an RPG at the roof spawn instead of the sniper rifle in keeping with the death by boom theme.

Tuesday Night Titans was pretty awesome.  The sweet smell of peach body oil drifting from the Vanilla Unicorn did not secure triumph for me, Rippa and Chris during Deathmatch #2 against Jstout, Mis, and Robert.  We were straight up outmaneuvered at every turn and got our asses beat.  

The Paletto Highlands deathmatch was a lot more competitive.  We won by one kill.

Rob had the misfortune to be in my Heavy Sniper scope just after gunning down Rippa.  When we went up one murder, I just took a position behind a rock with my Auto Shotty and prayed that Rob, Mis, and Jstout would stick to hiding and camping for headshots rather than try one last push.  If they had rushed us and forced a gun battle or just started raining rockets on us, they might've been able to secure victory. 

I didn't say anything, but somebody had winged me just before I killed Robert, so I was down to 50% health during the last twenty seconds of the match. 

To say it was a tense situation would be an understatement.

When the Night Shift punched in for duty, once again it was DVDR - 1, Other Players - 0.  We outlasted multiple tanks and caused hours of heartburn for a lot of people last night in Free Mode.  Our urban warfare tactics are waaaaaaaayyyyyy better than they used to be and the tank nerf helps out tremendously.

I have now added People Wearing the Pogo Mask on my Players To Be Shot Immediately list.  That Pogo mask wearing Rank 120-ish guy with the word "donut" in his gamer tag was a real asshole.   He could not score a kill on me until he went for his Rhino.  By that time I had ventilated his skull with bullets five times while on foot.  He could not cope with my Mary Lou Fu.

I was up until 1:30 in the morning EST.  My Microsoft Sharepoint skills need more coffee.

My stats say that my average length of time spent in a session is over 23 billion days.   I think Rockstar needs to patch ujp an algorithm somewhere in the whatsis.

The Rockstar newswire on my Liveinvader page at Social Club says that the Independence Day content will be available until July 15th and then it will be locked up.

• Like 1

When i was testing it, it put me up there, so i think i figured you couldclimb up.

Putting a connex or something down by the garage isvprob where it should go.

I did like having the rpg as a line of sight opponent forvthe sniper rifle.

I hope people got their grenade awards out if it.

Like i said earlier, i will fiddle with it and thevitger new one tonight, weather permitting. :)

About halfway through I pretty much stopped trying to blow people up and just used melee attacks.  I would have grenades blowing up all around me, but as long as I kept running it seemed to work pretty well.  I had to have chased Stout around a couple miles during that death match trying to catch him starting a bunch of fist fights.

It also needs a way to allow roof access that isn't being lucky to spawn up there after a death.

I found a way up there, attempted a melee attacked and got dropkicked off the roof with my dead body splashing down in the pool for my troubles.

So, still not worth buying a fireworks launcher. I do have about $250k right now, so it is tempting, even if i onky have it for a week.

No, once you buy a weapon, you can always go back and get ammo for it even if it is locked content.  You just have to be wary of the gun eating bug that sometimes visits Forced+Pickup deathmatches.

I found a way up there, attempted a melee attacked and got dropkicked off the roof with my dead body splashing down in the pool for my troubles.

I had two serious contenders for kill of the night, and that was one of them.  I was cheering for you to make it to the pool.

The other was a sticky bomb kill on somebody in a Zentorno.  I was driving under the mall in a regular Dubsta when I saw somebody right ahead of me.  We hit head on about a block away from the mall just as I managed to throw a sticky bomb onto his car.  I got launched straight up by the impact and started turning somersaults.  Triggered the sticky near the apex, and was far enough away to not be killed by splash damage.  Landed right on top of his now destroyed Zentorno after doing two or three flips.  Of course, somebody else got me with an RPG about two seconds later, but it was worth it.  Mis got to watch the whole thing through his sniper sights.

• Like 1

I'll need to go through and purge my weapon wheel today after picking up SMGs and other flotsam during some of those deathmatches last night.

As for Freemode, I'd like to consider myself the Murtaugh of the group when I say "I'm too old for this shit." I don't see how anyone with a day job does it. I'm off today and I woke up at 11:30 with the feeling that a mule kicked me in the side of the head. I'm feeling a bit more human now, but everything is relative.

The Night Shift should GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! on Thursday night to help Melraz get himself a dalm Liberator. That poor bastard with the documents doesn't stand a chance.

For me, the new weapons are so far back in my weapon wheel that it doesn't really clutter things up. The musket is after the assault shotgun in the shotgun selections, so it doesn't get in the way. 

Freemode was only really a problem when I'd get so focused on killing one target that another guy would run me over in his car without me even seeing he was coming. That and the guy who kept forcing me to blow up his orange Adder at $12,500 a pop. I nearly messaged him and said "dude, can you switch to a cheaper car?"

This isn't meant to be some kinda brag on us, I swear: There were about six people warring at the pay and spray in the middle of town at one point. We're all like "we wanna play too!" and headed up there. There was probably about a two-minute firefight and everyone was gone. If there's already six up there, why does the addition of four more - even if we are working as a team - cause everyone to run away? I understand it if it's four on one, but even if the six aren't working together, you figure they could stand their ground and fight it out. Instead, it's like "shit, it's THOSE assholes, everyone leave."

• Like 1