DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

TBH though they should have had them ready day one or close to it. They were working on the game for 5 years. I had a great time with the game, but whoever is their online manager needs to be fired. All this sort of shit should have been fixed during testing.

• Like 1

You know what sucks the fun out of this game? Getting gold medals.

Fucking makes the best missions fucking nightmares. One mission I found funny and clever at first (Friend Request) has become the bane of my existence due to that fucking pop-up mini-game. The game also rarely spawns a good car in front of Lester's house, so it's a fucking pain in the ass getting there in a fucking mini van.

And that speech at the end was once funny, now it makes me mute my TV.

Fucking makes the best missions fucking nightmares. One mission I found funny and clever at first (Friend Request) has become the bane of my existence due to that fucking pop-up mini-game. The game also rarely spawns a good car in front of Lester's house, so it's a fucking pain in the ass getting there in a fucking mini van.

Oh, man, I got the Gold Medal for Friend Request and yeah, Gold Medals are very gimmicky.  You can't meet any Mission Time criteria unless you skip cutscenes...

.. I like story so i am not skipping cutscenes.

If you want to get the GM for Friend Request:

1. Bring your own car to Lester's house. 

2. Mod the Obey with a faster engine and transmission.  The faster you arrive at places, the better.

3. Try to have a full Special Meter by the time you reach Lester's house.  If you don't drive as fast as you can to the mission sites to fill up Michael's Special Meter (see below for why).

4. Skip all cutscenes.

5. Don't take too much time picking an outfit at Suburban. 

6. *the key*

Use Michael's Special right before you get to Rickie's desk and skip the cutscene where Rickie is air guitarring.  When the minigame comes up, work as fast as you can to get rid of the pop-ups.  It might not look like it, but Michael's time dialation is still working in the background and you will clear the monitor of pop-ups in a fraction of the time.

Foghorn Leghorn imitations were amazing last night while we were doing our piranha act on a passive guy, but RUkered's spot on version had me just about crying from laughter when I was trying to drown the guy with a firetruck. Rub-a-dub-dub son.

Now look here son. 'At boy was ju- I say, that boy was just dirty and we were freshening him up a bit. Helping him out son.

I bet his controller vibrated all the way to whatever other room he was in as much as you were hosing him.

Don't be AFK around the DVDR, people.

• Like 2

Oh, man, I got the Gold Medal for Friend Request and yeah, Gold Medals are very gimmicky.  You can't meet any Mission Time criteria unless you skip cutscenes...

.. I like story so i am not skipping cutscenes.

If you want to get the GM for Friend Request:

1. Bring your own car to Lester's house. 

2. Mod the Obey with a faster engine and transmission.  The faster you arrive at places, the better.

3. Try to have a full Special Meter by the time you reach Lester's house.  If you don't drive as fast as you can to the mission sites to fill up Michael's Special Meter (see below for why).

4. Skip all cutscenes.

5. Don't take too much time picking an outfit at Suburban. 

6. *the key*

Use Michael's Special right before you get to Rickie's desk and skip the cutscene where Rickie is air guitarring.  When the minigame comes up, work as fast as you can to get rid of the pop-ups.  It might not look like it, but Michael's time dialation is still working in the background and you will clear the monitor of pop-ups in a fraction of the time.

Thanks, but I'm using the replay mission function so my own car won't spawn in front of his house. Saw that bullet time trick on a youtube video, but so far I've done some stupid shit over and over again(driving into cars, flipping cars, no cars spawning in front of the house)  that made me ragequit that mission for now. Not good for my heart at all.

Thank fuck gold medals do not count towards 100% completion.

Yeah, if you're using the Replay Mission function, you're at the luck of the draw as to what spawns near Lester's house.  Sometimes you will get lucky and some sort of muscle car will pop up close to you.

I almost got the GM by using Replay Mission..  I ran up the street to check driveways and a Sabre GT was parked there.  Ultimately I had to reload a save because my modded Tailgater was far more durable and handled better than the cars that spawned near me randomly.

I got me butt back out in the bush today in search of one of them elusive 4 door sandkings. The little buggers are damn near extict if not already haven't seen one in months. Their little cousins are still plentiful but would really like to just get a glimpse of the magnificent and majestic 4 door. I'd like to have one in my collection. But they sure are some slippery lil bugga's.

Better news I finally gotta meet stout. Still blows my mind we only live 10 miles apart. Thanks for the ride mane. Your always drivin my drunk ass around in game. And it now goes for real life.

• Like 4

I got me butt back out in the bush today in search of one of them elusive 4 door sandkings. The little buggers are damn near extict if not already haven't seen one in months. Their little cousins are still plentiful but would really like to just get a glimpse of the magnificent and majestic 4 door. I'd like to have one in my collection. But they sure are some slippery lil bugga's.

Better news I finally gotta meet stout. Still blows my mind we only live 10 miles apart. Thanks for the ride mane. Your always drivin my drunk ass around in game. And it now goes for real life.

Any freakin' time, brother. I'm your Designated Driver anytime, espcially if you bring that little waitress 'round the table more often.

Guys, y'all should've seen her. Southern perfection. She was gettin' sloppily hit on by some goof, and I thought "dude, you might have a chance with her if you hit the lottery big. Otherwise, you ain't nowhere near cuttin' it, chief."

And I don't really know how, but Melraz and his character look identical. Probably can't say the same thing for Robert, for example.

• Like 3

Where'd ya get them tattoos the old drunk asked the hot waitress. 2 ton she relied....now that I know where you got those tattoos tell me where'd ya get them green eyes....they're blue she stated.

• Like 1

"I ripped them out of your old lady's head and put them in my eye sockets, you pervy old bastard."

Did you actually manage to catch her cats in KISS makeup shirt? They oughta offer that in GTA to go with my cat mask.

• Like 1

I just wish I coulda strapped guns all over me. If I knew some of the neighbors wouldnta called the po-lease idda had the sniper in hand with ar. and a shotty over my shoulders and a pistol on my side. And who knows Robert may look just like his character.

So I took that big-ass six-wheel Dubsta off-roading up Mount Chilliad, and came to a quick conclusion: Sometimes, you don't wanna go so damn fast. I'd be trying to do precision moves and go zooming off the mountain, BLAM BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, then start back up again, etc.

I bought me another four-door Sandking, screw it. I have a feeling that six-wheel Dubsta ain't long for my garage, because the Sandkings are more fun for general screwing around, and I much prefer the Sanchez to anything in off-road races. Sometimes you tend to get ran over, but that's the cost of doing business.

Also, buddy of mine knows all these off-road race creators, and about 70 percent of those races are built for the hugeness of the Sandking. Any smaller car will drown in some of the water a Sandking can drive through. So if I'm not gonna use it for screwing around in the Freemode map or off-road racing, why do I have it?

I had a crazy hard time all night joining races from the phone. It sticks me in the cloud forever and dumps me in a race lobby all by myself. No one will ever join, so I just quit the lobby. I didn't have much trouble joining missions. I got kicked from the job in one race, and I wish I would've known who the host was so I can ask him why. Race was full of randoms, it's not like it was just him and his buddies with missions. Oh well. Maybe it's my level, who knows.

Edit: Friend of mine I mentioned with the off-roading has a crew invite request pending. He's a good dude, I can vouch for him - some of us have freemoded with him before (Melraz remembers him - FireBeersMayhem). I love the guy, but I'm not sure he's a good mesh with us mic-wise. He's from Jersey. Depends on the context - I think he'd be fine for Freemode, but maybe not for the Knights of the Tuesday night roundtable. He's mostly on in the afternoons and late at night anyway - he doesn't like to talk late at night 'cause he doesn't wanna wake his girlfriend. Good stuff. We can always bounce him. I just wanted to run it by y'all first.

He's one of my odd wave of randoms who's stuck around. We had one in a Fremode room with us last night, but he left quick before I had to hold Private Pyle back. I've strolled into too many Freemode rooms that contained him and literally nine other members of his crew just to hear him say over the mic "leave him alone, he's cool, y'all" to ever try to cause him any harm in Freemode. 

Bummed me out that the Austrian Sensation Herby~! got on last night and didn't join us. We were all hoping for a big fat "Hey guys!" to make our night, but whatever. Maybe I'll message the boy.

• Like 2

The deets on the "I'm Not A Hipster" Event Weekend are up at the R* Newswire.

Check It Out!

The t-shirt deal is pretty awesome.  One shirt will be available per day at the clothing stores.  I am soooo getting a Bitchi'N Dog Food Shirt (GTA3!) on Friday before heading up to Maryland for the weekend.  Maybe I can convince my girlfriend to let me bring my console with me?

For those of you that dig the Gang Attacks, the Triple RP for enemy kills and Quadruple $ in the ammo crates will be right up your alley. 

Double RP for headshots and killstreaks in Deathmatches, too!  Where has this been all of my life?

And once again, on the weekend I will be away for most of the time, R* doubles up on Special Crate drops.  Damn.  Maybe I will luck out on Sunday if I get online?

• Like 1

They only do theme weekends when you are away.

It seems that way.  Hopefully when the woman and I are in the new house this time next year it will be different......

Come to think of it, this time next year I will probably be playing Destiny or The Division on an XBone and this game will either be gathering dust on my DVD shelf or traded in for store credit, depending on whether or not I decide to keep my 360.

I actually checked on the very off chance to see if you were still on last night JT, when I signed into a crew-only room and pretty much immediately got a "special crate drop" inbound. I've never seen a regular crate in an invite-only room where I was the only participant, much less a special crate. If you do get on, the special crate drops might be occurring in all rooms regardless of how many people are in them.

Needless to say, grabbing it was easy. $5,000, 5000 RP (level up!) and a minigun, not that I needed it.

I actually checked on the very off chance to see if you were still on last night JT, when I signed into a crew-only room and pretty much immediately got a "special crate drop" inbound. I've never seen a regular crate in an invite-only room where I was the only participant, much less a special crate. If you do get on, the special crate drops might be occurring in all rooms regardless of how many people are in them.

Needless to say, grabbing it was easy. $5,000, 5000 RP (level up!) and a minigun, not that I needed it.

I may get to roll for home around lunchtime because I think I am getting a time-off award for the stuff I did last week in support of the 101st.

(Translation: They do not want to pay me overtime for the situation they put me in.) 

I will have to check this out when I get to the crib.

If this is a bug, I hope it does not go away before I get a chance to nab a crate.

• Like 1

I may get to roll for home around lunchtime because I think I am getting a time-off award for the stuff I did last week in support of the 101st.

(Translation: They do not want to pay me overtime for the situation they put me in.) 

I will have to check this out when I get to the crib.

If this is a bug, I hope it does not go away before I get a chance to nab a crate.

Seems like they've screwed some more stuff up with the latest update.  I was in an invite only room buying new stuff and outfitting my new Dubsta when a Simeon car appeared on the map.  Never seen that happen before.

Got into freemode after a DM last night, and the first thing I saw was a 4 door.  I think they're allergic to you or something.

• Like 2

JT got to experience the weird, random DM invites the game always sends out from me last night.  Always best to ignore those, especially the obvious gimmick ones. 

I should've ignored one myself.  Wound up doing an indoor match in the Biolab.  I know to ignore those, just thought this one was outdoor.

To you guys who have done indoor deathmatches, what's your general opinion of them? I bookmarked a couple user created ones way back when (I think one was in the FIB building), but never got the chance to play them.

• Like 1