DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I'll swerve to get him out of my slipstream, then swerve back, though most of the time I'll just let him shoot past me, because he's got me anyway. The trick to racing is not really giving a rat's bottom where you finish. There are so many variables that are out of your hands, it's impossible to control your own destiny. 

I hate traffic. Just hate it. It's an advantage to me sometimes, but for every time I manage to pull off a great move in traffic, I head-on some computer car and cost myself position. I can negotiate a motorcycle through traffic fairly well, so that's kind of an advantage for me.

And that's about the extent of the accent, Phil, with a lot more Boris Badenov. I felt like geting on the chat and asking the guy to say "get moose and squirrel" for me, but I didn't want to start an international incident. He wasn't a happy camper, so I bet he wouldn't have a sense of humor.

How many of you notice the other crews? I never pay attention. There's one group called MP3 that has a lot of members. Melraz pointed them out to me. I got an invite to join a buddy of mine's crew that used to own rooms, sometimes 10 strong, but I think their numbers have dwindled. There's a pretty popular crew of guys who like to off-road. I have never noticed the "girl groups," but I should. I didn't even notice if the two guys kicking me around the other night were in the same crew. They had to be buddies. 

Edit: Less than one second? People have to ruin everything. What's the purpose of having the world record for something if you cheated to get it? If you listen in on the general chat for more than a minute, you're bound to hear this conversation come up at least once or twice a night, and it never fails to crack me up:

Player 1: I can dupe any car in the game in five seconds! Man, it's so easy, I've got all the new cars!

Player 2: Dupe me a car, man.

Player 1: Something came up, I gotta go. (player leaves)

Some of the crews have national sponsors and open enrollment.  MP3 are the Payne Killers which is a Rockstar sponsored crew you can join.  I am not sure, but I think there used to be an entry criteria where only players that had beaten Max Payne 3 could join.  Their huge roster suggest otherwise.  I don't think that many people have even beaten Max Payne 3, much less played it at all.

R* sponsors the Zombie Cowboys; I assume entry meant you beat the RDR Undead Nightmare DLC. They also sponsor the Los Santos Bangers.

IGN has a crew as do most GameStop districsts.

I am not sure if the different appearance of their crew tag means that they are a sponsored / official crew or if they have a large membership.

It is not shocking that the supercrews are hardly cohesive units.

melraz, Jones and I I ran into the shittiest crew of all time yesterday.  It was the three of us & 3 of them in a room, with nobody else.  melraz and Jones were just destroying this one poor sap over and over.  The other two were fucking around in by the airport - no support whatsoever.

We also ran into some really weird stuff in another room.  Somebody was in a police van.  melraz hit it with four rockets, and I put about 500 rounds into it with the minigun, but it just kept going.  Then I went over to LSC downtown, and both entrances were blocked by what looked like portable buildings.  never seen anything like it.

I saw a Level 1 on earlier. I'm like "is this possible?" Lowest I've seen is Level 3. If I'm Level 1 (or 3), I'm avoiding Freemode like a freakin' plague.

It's hard to find people who can take direction. I dunno if they don't trust me that "you need to do this" is a sincere statement. I'm constantly harping at younger players about getting into a rhythm of selling cars at every opportunity and learning to be relatively picky about what you're selling. Pays more and is less trouble than robbing those damn stores. Plus I would advise any youngster to start every play session in a private room - sell a car, buy some ammo, etc., do everything you can do in a private room to give you less to do in Freemode. Then join a public game.

I saw my first level 1 last night in a deathmatch.  Since I had time in the lobby, I looked him up.  He had maxed out shooting and stealth.  No way that happens at level 1.  I'm wondering if they've quietly busted the level 900 hackers back to level 1.

I would call bullshit because I think that characters are at least Rank 2 or 3 when they come out of the tutorial, but I don't think that R* makes current players endure the Off The Plane bit with a new toon.

I maxed out both Stamina and Stealth without ranking up, so it is possible that he may have maxed out Shooting by going to the Firing Range at Ammu-Nation.  You can set the number of challenges to "unlimited," so conceivably you could do targets and shit until you max out your Shooting skill, but you'd still get RP just like you'd get RP for playing a solo round of golf..

Unless they've changed it recently, you have to go through the tutorial again if you add a second character.  I had to do it for both of mine.  I think that ought to make you level 3, at least.  I suppose that could've been changed by the business update, though.

Unless they've changed it recently, you have to go through the tutorial again if you add a second character.  I had to do it for both of mine.  I think that ought to make you level 3, at least.  I suppose that could've been changed by the business update, though.

True, other than fixing Car Duping and getting rid of the collision bug when you enter a 10-car garage, I have no idea what came with the 1.11 update.

There's a difference between being an aggressive racer and a douchebag, too many fall into the latter category. I can't really do races at all after I went back and started playing Midnight Club again.

The Rockstar sponsored crews have different looking tags, the edges are at 45 degrees

I've had that happen a lot here lately too. I've also been in several sessions where they just keep spawning one right after the other. I've made over 100k 3 different times on just armored trucks.

• Like 1

True, other than fixing Car Duping and getting rid of the collision bug when you enter a 10-car garage, I have no idea what came with the 1.11 update.

That's it, you hit it right on the head, that explains it. One of the changes in 1.11 was that if you have at least a Level 20 character, you don't have to go through the tutorial after creating a second character. So that explains the Level 1, because I'm damn near certain you can't get out of the tutorial without at least being a Level 3 or close to it.

I was wondering if they might do 1.12 in time for St. Patrick's Day so they could sell us some themed clothes and other crap, but I think they would've announced it by now. I keep expecting them to turn the damper down on Rooftop Rumble and Coveted. They really need to raise the money and RP for racing - a mid-pack finish in a crowded race will earn you a big box of not crap. First through about third doesn't pay so badly, but then it starts dropping off a cliff. I'm not talking about a big adjustment, just a little sweetening.

Hey

Hey

Hey

Hey
Hey

Hey

(sorry, guys, we'll just have to get this out of our systems)

Boy, I just saw a dandy of a situation for poor MIs. There's a glitch - found a YouTube video on how to do it, it requires something called a "lag switch," which I'd never heard of. More on lag switches: http://exm.nr/1i99L7H

There may be a way to do it without a lag switch, but even the guy in the video admits it doesn't work that well. Other people online are reporting plenty of success with it.

Either method allows the cheater to place obstacles anywhere he desires in Freemode. Tonight's cheater was that Level 900 guy we were playing, Something Dan. He was the first guy who got the tank who begged us for forgiveness after we blew his tank up and we told him to piss up a rope. I forget his name.

Mis went to get his car in the impound yard and every exit was sealed off with a railroad crate - there was no way to drive a car out of the impound yard. Mis could blow it up, but he's a complete cheap ass and was unwilling to spend the $10,000.

Me, I'm a freakin' double millionaire, baby, what's $10K to me? So I scooch in and blow up the car with an RPG. It's Mors Mutual's problem now. But the whole time Dan is sending Mis mocking voice messages taunting him 'cause he can't get his car. Good stuff. 

This is what's going on when there's a dump truck blocking your garage entrance or the entrance to Los Santos Customs. Whoever's hacking the game can put up obstacles in front of you as you're driving down the street. 

What the hell is the deal with people? Why are people such tools?

And every time some goofy glitch comes up, I "research it" by trying to find a YouTube video and at least seeing what its deal is, like the recent one about players popping up in your garage. There's a central theme to all of the glitches I've seen so far, from this "lag switch" glitch to the garage thing to every car-duplicating glitch I've ever seen: You at some point have to go to that GTA 5 Online store and then back out of it. The "shark cards" part of the game is just horrendously broken and is causing all of these other problems. But will Rockstar do anything about it?

Fun night, otherwise. Hey.

I need to go look at the full list of all the things that became Rockstar Verified with the Business update.

There was one deathmatch called - I believe - Scrapyard that we all really liked. All the other ones we were getting were disappointing.

Especially that fucking Figure 8 race which didn't deliver the promised carnage (despite the fact that I won it)

I think Scrapyard was the one where Dan got stuck so I am not sure if that was the map we all loved.  I forgot the map where we fought the first team deathmatch last night where Odessa went nuts with pistol headshots from the roof.  That was the map I really liked.

I hate that fucking Figure 8 track.  No traffic, no head on collision mayhem.  Garbage.

I logged back on after the conclusion of Jobber Thursday (briefly signed off to get some resumes out via USAJobs) and hung out with the Night Shift. 

Melraz, RUckered and I actually intended to play golf until two randoms showed up.  I was content to try to deliver a car bomb until MoneyMontana23 closed in, so I went up to make it a proper six-man cibernetico.

Money Montana23 should've picked better friends because both of them caught a case of the tuck-n-ass when they figured out that the three of us were all in the same crew.

We all grew up on Four Horsemen tactics so we had no intention of giving up the numbers game.  Poor dude had just found himself on the Anderson Brothers half of the ring..  MoneyMontana23 kept coming at us even though we clearly had the advantage. Brave, but not smart. I guess he hoped other randoms would come along and help

After MoneyMontana23 finally fled the scene, we finally got to our golf game and it ended up as a three way draw with all of us at -3.  No one really blew any shots out of their ass and we hit some ridiculous approaches, but clutch putts simply did not fall.  One of these days I will get to see this miracle golf shot Melraz was talking about.

• Like 2

You're right

Scrapyard was where Dan claimed he was stuck but really wasn't

The one we liked was called like Contained or something

Yeah, I think it was Contained or somesuch.  That was a helluva map.  We had to work hard to beat you & Mark.  If there had been more opportunities for you guys to get armor when you respawned, I think we would've lost a heartbreaker.  Mark was a rooftop pistol sniping son of a bitch.

And no, Dan was legit was stuck on the roof of one of the buildings in the scrapyard.  I had my gun trained on him the entire time.  I would've taken the shot once he said he was free, but Andrew closed in fast and I had to work the shotgun magic.  By the time had eyes on the roof again, Dan was long gone.

There was all sorts of weird glitchy things going on last night in addition to that bit of hilarity... 

I think we transposed into a public server during one of those races.  I saw "XXXX has left" in my dialogue window just as we were coming back into the city.

I believe it was Supply, because we thought it was a different map at first.

I would like to try that Transformer Station death match again in a shoot setting. It seemed intriguing with all the cover and fencing.

I believe it was Supply, because we thought it was a different map at first.

I would like to try that Transformer Station death match again in a shoot setting. It seemed intriguing with all the cover and fencing.

Aye, I think it was Supply

There is cover in the Transfomer Station map, but not too many defendable positions.and the area in the middle of the conductor pool is a killing ground so it would be a bunch of guys running and gunning constantly like in the Lodge Battle.  Close quarters, so it would be a good test of your shotgun skills.  You might even get in a knife kill if you're lucky.

There is a lot to equally love and hate about that map.

I think we transposed into a public server during one of those races.  I saw "XXXX has left" in my dialogue window just as we were coming back into the city.

I really liked this race too - that one was called Refuel I believe

I just imagine the chaos if we had been doing it on motorcycles