DVDVR Message Board

WOTD - DEAN CELEBRATION WEEK: BLACKJACK MULLIGAN

RIPPA

Speaking of the UK version, I was looking for Bearcat Wright matches and found some and THEN I saw that he wrestled in World of Sport!  I was stoked!  Then the camera swung around to as white guy with a Mr T mo-hawk.  I said, to myself, "GODDAMMIT WORLD OF SPORT!"

Wait, wait, Kevin Sullivan's entrance music was "Thriller"? Did no one bother to bring up the existence of Alice Cooper?

"My, Mr. Sullivan, what an awfully big snake you have..."

You know it's old-school wrestling when someone's bleeding 30 seconds into the match.

I can't remember if it was a Mulligan or Eadie interview I was reading where they were talking about their Mid Atlantic fued but I've wanted to see their matches ever since. They talked of going broadway in the cage one night and it sounded punishingly brutal.

They don't make em like this anymore, his Dusty-esque promos never seemed to suit his look though

He was the first heel I ever rooted for.  We had just moved from Texas to the Mid-Atlantic area when he came to Mid-Atlantic- thus he was the Texan who followed us.

• Like 1

Wait, wait, Kevin Sullivan's entrance music was "Thriller"? Did no one bother to bring up the existence of Alice Cooper?

I think that was overdubbed. Pretty sure he used the "Twilight Zone" theme for awhile down there...

I think that was overdubbed. Pretty sure he used the "Twilight Zone" theme for awhile down there...

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that dubbing "Thriller" in over the Twilight Zone theme would be substantially more expensive.