DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

"Heat Offering Two First Rounders, Norris Cole, McRoberts, Chris Andersen To Suns For Goran Dragic"

I would think Goran would rather be out East if he wants the best of both worlds being on a playoff team and getting paid. Seems like a better fit than NY w/ triangle and Lakers in rebuild mode.

Goran's complaining about standing in the corner all the time. WTF does he think will happen in the triangle where, EVERY SINGLE TIME, the point guard goes to stand in the corner?

I don't think Goran's complaints have anything to do with basketball and everything to do with not wanting to live in Phoenix any more.  He asked to go to all of the teams that are nice places to live, but are not contenders. 

Bennett's season ending knee injury happens the second the Garnett trade is confirmed. "Just can't put any weight on it, doc. Jeez, looks like I'm done for the rest of the year. Shucks, man. Shucks."

Goran to the Heat is the only sensible move going by his list of teams he's willing to re-up with. I know the Rockets were going to try to get him and then convince him to re-sign there. Heat make way more sense than Houston though. They haven't had a good PG in... hmm... well, I don't remember the last good point guard to play in Miami.

hpg0506_sparrow_060110.jpg

Am I crazy to think the Heat would be contenders with Dragic?  Very few teams could match their crunch time lineup. 

If they stay healthy, they would be a very tough out for the east contenders. I just don't think they have the bench to beat Chicago or Atlanta and then there's Wade's health status.

I didn't even realize until someone pointed it out on twitter that Chu Chu is the guy the Lakers drafted and later dealt to Denver that we know as Chukwudiebere Maduabum!!! DAMN!!!

The OKC-Brooklyn deal *might* to be falling apart as OKC is also going after Enes Kanter. Woj still thinks OKC-Brooklyn deal will happen.

I'm prepared to be wrong, but I'm still not sold on the Heat. Dragic makes them better, of course, but it becomes really hard to win a playoff series when one of your starting five can only bring playoff intensity one out of every three games. 

Wade ain't dead yet.  He put together a pretty crazy streak of games when Bosh was out.  Health is obviously the main key here, but look at it this way.  If the playoffs started tomorrow, Hawks/Heat is round 1.  The Heat would be better at every position except center.  

You could make an argument for Teague over Dragic, but I wouldn't.

Wade ain't dead yet.  He put together a pretty crazy streak of games when Bosh was out.  Health is obviously the main key here, but look at it this way.  If the playoffs started tomorrow, Hawks/Heat is round 1.  The Heat would be better at every position except center.  

You could make an argument for Teague over Dragic, but I wouldn't.

But the Hawks are a sign of the way the league is changing. They're greater than the sum of their parts. They complement each other well and they play a fantastic system of basketball at both ends. Plus they have better depth. I don't see Miami winning 3 games in that series, should it happen.

Yeah, Knight to PHX is awesome. They obviously needed another guard, dammit!