DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 6

Brian Fowler

Alabama and Oregon have now lost this week. Oklahoma's still down. Florida State looks shaky at best. Who is good this year? Are we headed for an Arizona/Mississippi State national title game? (The Royals are apparently going on an undefeated World Series run, comprised entirely of 11 inning games. I'm prepared to believe anything.)

Alabama and Oregon have now lost this week. Oklahoma's still down. Florida State looks shaky at best. Who is good this year? Are we headed for an Arizona/Mississippi State national title game? (The Royals are apparently going on an undefeated World Series run, comprised entirely of 11 inning games. I'm prepared to believe anything.)

There are a lot of good teams this year, I just don't see anyone standing out as elite right now. Everybody has a significant hole or two.

Mississippi State has all the heat right now, but I want to see more from them before we annoint them. I mean, it's a good sign for them that they haven't choked against two ranked SEC teams like they always have, but I mean...Arkansas took A&M to the wire last week, and everybody who's good on offense scores a ton on A&M. And as for LSU...well, look at what Auburn is doing to them right now. This might be the worst LSU team since I don't remember when.

There are a lot of good teams this year, I just don't see anyone standing out as elite right now. Everybody has a significant hole or two.

Mississippi State has all the heat right now, but I want to see more from them before we annoint them. I mean, it's a good sign for them that they haven't choked against two ranked SEC teams like they always have, but I mean...Arkansas took A&M to the wire last week, and everybody who's good on offense scores a ton on A&M. And as for LSU...well, look at what Auburn is doing to them right now. This might be the worst LSU team since I don't remember when.

Yeah. I suppose 'a lot of good teams, no great ones' might be a better way to put it. And these things usually do sort themselves out.

On Miss St., I do think they've got a loss or two coming. Of course, the winner of the SEC West probably will have a loss or two anyway. Could be interesting to see how forgiving the selection committee might be towards a hypothetical SEC champ that has two losses, but would have necessarily beaten multiple other top 10 teams on the way. The chaos up top - at least thus far - would favor them. The fewer undefeateds there are, the better it looks.

True. At least they have to play a team with some athletes this year, as opposed to 2012 when they just slogged their way through a schedule of jabronies all the way to #1.

They have the #1 toughest schedule in college football this year. I don't want to hear this bullshit about ND playing a bunch of cupcakes.

• Like 1

True. At least they have to play a team with some athletes this year, as opposed to 2012 when they just slogged their way through a schedule of jabronies all the way to #1.

They have the #1 toughest schedule in college football this year. I don't want to hear this bullshit about ND playing a bunch of cupcakes.

1389111215616.gif

Congrats on Notre Dame's first win over a team with a winning record this year. Good luck with North Carolina next week!

• Like 1

Notre Dame looks pretty good this year.  But mention Eddie Lacy in their presence, and they still get shook.

As for the SEC West. I wouldn't trust Mississippi State.  Mississippi still has Bo Wallace as their QB, and that dude is going to throw up on himself at some point.  If they don't lose again, Alabama easily stays in the mix.  And then there's Auburn.

Well they did beat Michigan that year didn't they? Oh, right... jabronies :P

Really, Michigan beat themselves that game. Moved the ball with ease and then turned it over on like 4 different drives.