DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

I think the funniest part of this show's early success is the fact that Divas like Kelly² and Maryse left specifically to pursue other options exactly like this one.

And the Bellas/Maria stuff is exactly what reality TV show producers eat up with a spoon. 95% of feuds between cast members start online. The amount of times reality stars reference Twitter in the midst of a beef would make WWE blush (half of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges fights started online).

They could build the whole season around a sympathetic Maria being an ex-star starting over in Florida with her boyfriend ("a newbie who specializes in dropping guys on their head"), and then finally having a big showdown during WrestleMania weekend. It'd be even more heat for the Bellas, because they could bash Maria at every turn, all season, to really build up to the season finale blow-off.

Season 2 will be the way that the WWE introduces Mike Bennett and Maria (well reintroduce Maria).

INSTANT HEAT~!

I will now spend the rest of my night reflecting on the fact that I just was fantasy booking Total Divas

I will now spend the rest of my day excited for the future.

Can anyone confirm that Sebastian was really Jojo's boyfriend?  Because I'm in better shape than he is, I have a better haircut and I'd be willing to let her follow her dream.

Also, what was the deal with Naomi attacking Uso? Was WWE trying to work the E! audience into thinking that was a shoot or were they trying to work us into thinking that Naomi worked Uso into a work/shoot?

I cannot confirm, but if reality TV has taught me anything it's that the producers asked JoJo if she knew anyone willing to pretend to be her "boyfriend from back home" and young Sebastian was all-too-happy-and-willing to live out his lifelong fantasy - if even for a day. 

This is how movies like 'She's Out of My League' got greenlit.

I like to imagine there's some sort of schism going on with the divas. The Total Divas have their show. AJ and Kaitlyn have their merch and the title for now. And the others have nothing, hoping to be in one of the other groups.

I have no proof of this, but this is wrestling, and we're talking about a limited number of spots.

It's going to be awesome when the lower and middle class divas rise up against the Total Divas girls, Kaitlyn, and AJ and stage the Diva Revolution. Diva class warfare = ratings.

Either Sara Del Ray forms the Diva Shield or Eva and JoJo and Arianne's boyfriend form the Diva Nexus.