DVDVR Message Board

Wiggins, Thompson, and a 1st round pick. Someone else may have to be thrown in to make the salaries match, but the only other assets you guys have are wings and we have too many of them as is right now.

If the Chicago deal didn't have Mirotic's rights and Butler or Gibson, I wouldn't even give them the time of day. Try and throw Boozer into it and I'd hang up in a heartbeat.

"Or"? Try "and". According to Zgoda, Flip asked for Gibson, Butler, Mirotic's rights AND McDermott. Fuck right the fuck off.

With Johnny Football also in Cleveland, has ESPN also announced plans to relocate to Cleveland yet? 

No they will just do what they did with Miami and end up 'signing' some people form the area for a show here and there.

Plus it turns out they can talk about tweets from anywhere.

If the Chicago deal didn't have Mirotic's rights and Butler or Gibson, I wouldn't even give them the time of day. Try and throw Boozer into it and I'd hang up in a heartbeat.

"Or"? Try "and". According to Zgoda, Flip asked for Gibson, Butler, Mirotic's rights AND McDermott. Fuck right the fuck off.

I'd be fine with the first three. Didn't want McDermott in the draft and don't want him now.

I'd be fine with the first three.

I'm sure you would.

If half of yall knew who Q-Tip was, you would have known this story was a forgone conclusion once he "reported" it.  Q-Tip was on it.

Mike Brown still getting paid from all his past firings, but he still has to be scratching his head over this shit.  "Really Lebron? Couldn't drop me a hint last year?"

See ya in Cleveland, Ray Allen.

I like to see Wiggins and Lebron on the same team, if only for the highlights.

I Reported the Q-Tip tweet!!!!

• Like 1

I'm sure you would.

Eh, it's a typical negotiating tactic. Ask for more than you think you'd get and work your way to an acceptable middle ground. The fact that Flip has shown the intellect to not jump on the first deal for Love is literally blowing my mind right now.

I'm sure you would.

Eh, it's a typical negotiating tactic. Ask for more than you think you'd get and work your way to an acceptable middle ground. The fact that Flip has shown the intellect to not jump on the first deal for Love is literally blowing my mind right now.

Yeah but there's "ask for more than you think you'd get" and then there's "ask for every chip the Bulls have to trade right now, when the only other offer on the table was Golden State's slop." Maybe you find a complete idiot on the other side, but if that doesn't work, all it does is tell the other party it's not worth their time.

Obviously things are looking up with Cleveland, but instead of having a competitive offer from Chicago to drive Love's price up from the Cavs, now they've either got to take what Cleveland is willing to give or get nothing.

So when will Flip realize that getting something for Love is much better than getting nothing?  At this rate he is going to end up with his thumb up his ass when Kevin Love just waits it out until the end of the season.  He needs to realize the price is going down faster than the price is going up. 

I don't see the problem with getting nothing. You need stars to win. Keep him and hope the extra money you can offer gets him to stay. If he leaves the team bottoms out again which is what you need to rebuild. Getting some mediocre players to perpetually fight for the 8th seed is pointless. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you would.

Yeah but there's "ask for more than you think you'd get" and then there's "ask for every chip the Bulls have to trade right now, when the only other offer on the table was Golden State's slop." Maybe you find a complete idiot on the other side, but if that doesn't work, all it does is tell the other party it's not worth their time.

Obviously things are looking up with Cleveland, but instead of having a competitive offer from Chicago to drive Love's price up from the Cavs, now they've either got to take what Cleveland is willing to give or get nothing.

Depends on what the competitive offer would be from the Bulls' side. Deal begins and ends with Mirotic's rights as far as I'm concerned. Same as Wiggins, if he's not on the table, then we might as well stop talking.