DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

How many were people bitching that the trailer wasn't Fem-Ryder?

Most people were bitching about the lack of gameplay footage IN A PLOT TRAILER~!!!!. 

Don't go there. It will enrage you.

They are idiots anyway.  Everyone bitching about this game are secretly counting the seconds until May 2017.

Which is why it is my darkest wish that the game be delayed until Fall.  Their salty tears will nourish me for an additional six months.

The only problem with a Holiday release is that this game will leave shelves by the metric fuckton so reserving a copy is a must.

.... I give the trailer a 6/10. It looked pretty good, but it didn't really blow me away either. 

Still not really liking the "completely moving on from the pre-existing galaxy of awesome characters and races" thing. The story has always outweighed the combat for why I love Mass Effect, and I still have 0 clue what the story of this game is other then "we went to a new galaxy, and apparently things are going to shit." Which goes away from the dealing with political bullshit ME has done so well.

It is Bioware.  Every time they push a solid release date for a game, I get nervous.  I know how ambitious they are and there is no way this game will be ready by next spring.   They've barely playatested it most likely.

10 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

.... I give the trailer a 6/10. It looked pretty good, but it didn't really blow me away either. 

Still not really liking the "completely moving on from the pre-existing galaxy of awesome characters and races" thing. The story has always outweighed the combat for why I love Mass Effect, and I still have 0 clue what the story of this game is other then "we went to a new galaxy, and apparently things are going to shit." Which goes away from the dealing with political bullshit ME has done so well.

How is going to explore and expand in a new galaxy with other races moving away from the political side of things?

20 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

This didn't feel political, it felt "Here we are in a new world... And everyone is evil!"

That's not political, that's just "oh, hey, here our are new neighbors, and they are DICKS!"

Eh.  Ryder's acknowledgment that the the crew of the Hyperion are the outsiders / invaders and that they arrived in the new galaxy aboard a warship doesn't really telegraph the idea that the indigenous aliens are "evil."

They just don't like the idea of someone else encroaching on their territory which is highly understandable.  They only seem "evil" because they are presented as threatening in the trailer and there will most likely be a Paragon path to talking them away from the destructo button.

The most interesting episodes of Star Trek come about when we're "exploring" and suddenly find out that we're actually trespassing.

Not to discount what you're saying though since my greatest fear is that:

Spoiler

The aliens in the trailer will perpetuate the Forerunner bullshit from the Halo games and our new antagonists will be the ones that built the Reapers and sent them to meddle with or control the evolution of galactic society and the aliens have been studying us all this time and are kinda pissed that we've jailbroken ourselves from their technological shackles.

I am kinda tired of the Milky Way being an enormous Petri Dish.

• Like 1

Pre Order Bonuses also announced.

On the

“Mass Effect” website, the preorder bonuses are now listed as follows: Deep Space Explorer Armor, Nomad Skin and Multiplayer Booster Pack. These three will be available in the Standard Edition and the Deluxe Editions of the game.

For players who are getting the Deluxe and Super Deluxe Editions, they will get more exclusive content for the action role-playing, third-person shooter. The exclusive content for the two are the Pathfinder Casual Outfit, Scavenger Armor, Pathfinder Elite Weapon Set (4), Pet Pyjak, Digital Soundtrack and the Multiplayer Launch Pack. What sets these two editions apart is the presence of the Multiplayer Super Deluxe Booster Packs in the Super Deluxe Edition.

Damn.  Pyjaks are vermin.  I'd have been all in if I'd have gotten a pet varren.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I fucked up and went to the actual page on YouTube where the video is.  I may as well have stuck my head in a bee hive and then washed my face with lemon juice.

I hate the fans of things that I am a fan of.

Word, that's the reason I had to move away from journalism in areas I was a fan/had interests in as it just filled me full of disdain. They're probably the same people who built up No Mans Sky in their head to epic proportions.

Gonna check out the trailer when I have access to speakers

Kind of odd that they'd have a trailer release, not give too much away in the trailer, and then spend all day answering questions on Twitter. The raccoon Asari is called Peebee, Turians are in the game, and there will be no classes, you can just choose whatever powers you want.

EDIT: Also there's going to be a Multiplayer Beta (on PS4 and XBone) and you can sign up now. By filling in a really long survey. It's at http://beacon.bioware.com/

Game Informer also did a video interview Mac Walters and two interesting nuggets.

He doesn't consider this the start of a new trilogy AND they haven't decided if save data will carry over to whatever sequel