DVDVR Message Board

Previously Unseen Stuff?

Phil Schneider

Nothing yet to my knowledge, but right before Classics On Demand ended, the oldsters...I mean..."historians" of the Net were poopin' dust over a tag match involving Kowalski and Strongbow that showed up.

-J\/\/

• 4 weeks later...

The "Biggest Blunders" episode of WWE Countdown showed for the first time footage of Vince and Lawler during the blackout at Beware of Dog 1. Previously, they have only shown Savio's entrance being cut off by the outage and some footage of him and Austin wrestling in a blacked ring. On this show, they had footage of ringside during downtime and audio of Vince communicating with Kevin Dunn.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed some very, very minor things on some of the PPVs I've seen a million times from my childhood. I know Wrestlemania IV like the back of my hand, so I thought I'd check it out to see if it was any different on the network, and sure enough, there are a few, mostly uninteresting things that aren't on the old Coliseum Video release. Crowd shots, different editing, things like that. I'd expect similar things for most old shows, but probably nothing notable. It's not like Mean Gene's "Fuck it!" from Summerslam '89 is on there...or is it?

I remember reading a while ago that some of the editing differs not just from the CHV releases, but from the actual live broadcast itself. Like they've used improved camera angles and stuff for certain footage. I have no idea why and had no idea they even kept that sorta stuff, but I think it's awesome.

For part of Warrior Week, in his best matches set they showed the Warrior/Dibiase match from Wrestling Summit.Ā  I have a feeling that's on his newest DVD already, but if not that could be something.Ā  Interesting to watch too.

The Warrior match was available before. I saw it uploaded to on DM after Warrior's passing.

How many of these World Class episodes were available beforehand? I am hoping all of them will eventually see the light of day.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if it was shown when she was the champ in the mid 1990's but on the WWE Countdown show on Dangerous Divas they showed footage of Medusa (Alundra Blayze) from All Japan Women saying that she was probably more popular in Japan then in the US at the time