DVDVR Message Board

Community: The Final Season

Ellsworth Toohey

Guest Edwin

G.I. Jeff has been by far the best ep. in what has been a rather lackluster season imo.

This show really misses Chevy Chase as Pierce.

I haven't really missed the Pierce's character at all and his death lead to a pretty good episode in season six.  Worth it.

I was genuinely excited about the show again after the first two episodes.  The second episode, in particular, was grand.  The season started off strong, but the past couple of episodes have felt lackluster to me.   Maybe I am too much of a Troy homer, but after his departure, the quality of the episodes have been too up and down.  Plus, the direction of the show is kind of stale too (another D&D episode, "Saving Greendale" again from an over-the-top force, Jeff-Britta romance teases, etc).

I still want a six season to wrap things up, yet at this point, I'm more interested in finding out what's going to happen on Harmon's other show(Rick and Morty) than this one. 

I was only half paying attention to the finale so I'll have to give it another viewing.

Yeah I feel like this season hasn't felt like Community. I guess I'm just not as invested in the characters as I was in the first few seasons. That said, the GI Joe episode was nothing short of fantastic.

I miss Pierce but I also never stopped loving the character.

• 3 weeks later...

Sony Pictures is still interested in continuing the show if somebody else wants to pick it up.

Where did you read this from?  I heard Community's Hulu deal makes it an unlikely pickup for Netflix.

I'm not upset by this cancellation even though I wanted it to get a six season.  It had a nice run and lasted much longer on NBC than it would have on most networks.

So a second show that got the whole "we're bringing it back, oh wait we're not" treatment.

What was the first?

Almost Human.  Growing Up Fisher was also cancelled today after it was reported it would likelty be back.  I liked Fisher, if only for the bizarre casting.  Dad was played by 58 year old JK Simmons.  Mom was played by Jenna Elfman (42),  Son was supposed to be 11, daughter was probably supposed to be around 16 or 17, at most.  In the pilot, Elfman alludes to having given birth to the daughter very young and never gotten to enjoy her adolescence.  I think we were also supposed to think Simmons and Elfman's characters were roughly the same age.

• Like 1

It's done. Not the same show without Chevy and Donald Glover. Let it go out with their heads up.

Yep. The show would probably have been OK if only one of them had left, but not both of them. Just didn't feel like the same show anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...