DVDVR Message Board

Community: The Final Season

Ellsworth Toohey

Gillian Jacobs has been absolutely killing it the last 2 seasons, Britta has by far been the strongest character in the group over that time. As soon as she jumped on Hickey's death machine, I sadly fantasy booked half a season of Britta as Jesse to Hickey's Mike in my head.

I hate to say this but this episode kinda blew.  A paintball rehash with one solid joke in the whole show ( that being the star trek list in the tag).

I'm with you. This episode was hyped so much and really didn't deliver.

• Like 1

I hate to say this but this episode kinda blew.  A paintball rehash with one solid joke in the whole show ( that being the star trek list in the tag).

I'm with you. This episode was hyped so much and really didn't deliver.

I agree too, the whole lava game seemed so rushed.  Last week they used the lie detector gimmick so much better and to the point where this one felt pretty shoehorned.

• Like 1

I thought there were some good moments in the episode, but it was less about the jokes and more about giving Troy a good farewell.  They tried to do a touching moment in every episode last season and I hated it, but having one here and there like last night really works.  I teared up a little.

Eh to each his own.  I thought they gave Pierce an amazingly funny sendoff while still having some emotion to it last week.  This week was 20 minutes of "what if we did paintball again but way suckier?"  As I said the final scenes of Troy leaving were good and I loved the Lavar Burton payoff.

• Like 1

You guys are heartless.

Seriously.  If a goodbye scene set to "Come Sail Away" sung by freaking Aimee Mann doesn't get to you, you're dead inside.

Unless someone has never ever ever ever ever seen an episode of Community until now, the final farewell of Troy and Abed is like a Soul Test. If you weren't even a little bit kicked in the feels, you don't have one. 

• Like 1

I plowed through the entire show in about a week and a half. Really good. I read through all the posts here and it seems like Season 2 was everyones favorite. I actually liked the first season the most because I enjoyed how it was more 'realistic' and as someone who went to community college, I enjoyed how it really was about a group of different people trying to pass a class. I do get why everyone really loved Season 2 though, it was also great.

I'm glad Britta is back to being a stronger character. For a while it felt like they were turning her into the Community version of Sweet Dee from It's Always Sunny and I thought that was dumb. I didn't dislike Season 4 as much as the rest of you guys, but I think that might be because I watched it in its entirety today and the fact that it wasn't as strong as the first three seasons didn't really bug me since I was done with it in a few hours as opposed to waiting a week+ between each slightly disappointing episode (although I thought the Jeff reuniting with his dad story was some really great stuff).

It's funny, before the most recent episode, I was going to bring up that I thought it was strange that they never referenced the coat rack girl again. It was fresh in my mind from all the marathoning and just like that, she's back!