DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I think I finally got an Exotic bounty that is actually doable, just have to kill 500 hive aliens.  Now if it requires like another thing like 25 nightfall strikes, I'm abandoning it.

Ah - that sounds like A Light in the Dark

That is the bitch one that you have to do void damage in the Crucible and there is a death penalty

The full list

A LIGHT IN THE DARK

Weapon: Thorn – Exotic Handgun (primary weapon)

Bounty Steps:

Complete the Summon Pits strike on the Moon

Earn 500 points by killing Hive enemies on the Moon - 2 Points per kills (Hallowed Knights give 20 points)

Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible, while avoiding death. You need a total of 500 points
1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -2 points

Obtain an Infusion of Light from the Speaker (trade for one Mote of Light)

Defeat Xyor, the Unwed in a special level 26 version of the Summoning Pits strike on the moon.  He will appear once you have killed all of the minions around Phogoth

I might - MIGHT - try that one again since I have gotten a lot better in the Crucible and I have better void damage weapons since the last time I tried it

I have to do all that in Crucible, than I'm abandoning it.  There is now way I can get that many void kills without dying.

I think I finally got an Exotic bounty that is actually doable, just have to kill 500 hive aliens.  Now if it requires like another thing like 25 nightfall strikes, I'm abandoning it.

Ah - that sounds like A Light in the Dark

That is the bitch one that you have to do void damage in the Crucible and there is a death penalty

The full list

A LIGHT IN THE DARK

Weapon: Thorn – Exotic Handgun (primary weapon)

Bounty Steps:

Complete the Summon Pits strike on the Moon

Earn 500 points by killing Hive enemies on the Moon - 2 Points per kills (Hallowed Knights give 20 points)

Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible, while avoiding death. You need a total of 500 points
1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -2 points

Obtain an Infusion of Light from the Speaker (trade for one Mote of Light)

Defeat Xyor, the Unwed in a special level 26 version of the Summoning Pits strike on the moon.  He will appear once you have killed all of the minions around Phogoth

I might - MIGHT - try that one again since I have gotten a lot better in the Crucible and I have better void damage weapons since the last time I tried it

I have to do all that in Crucible, than I'm abandoning it.  There is now way I can get that many void kills without dying.

The bounty has you over a barrel because only a Secondary Weapon or a Heavy Weapon can cause Void Damage.

• Like 1

Well, we are back to getting our asses kicked in the Crucible.   The DVDVR win streak ends at six.

And the losing streak ends at six!  I go 18 Kills - 6 Deaths in a route right before bedtime. The Crucible Gods are kind to a tired old man.

I saw a dragon! I was running through the daily heroic about 20 minutes ago and after I smoked the Gatelord with icebreaker I went looking around for chests/ghosts. I only had a few seconds left when I checked the platform to the right of the gate that the gatelord spawns from. I was looking out into the canyon below when I saw something moving against the background and quickly zoomed with my hand cannon enough to see it was a dragon flying below! Granted it was a long way below.

I also saw a satellite, I'm guessing fly overhead at archers line on the moon. I'm guessing it was a satellite, it's what that looked like and it's flight pattern & speed. It's what I thought the dragon on Venus was at first, then I thought, that's waaaaaaaaayyy too low to be a satellite and zoomed in. They're real, kinda.

Next time, I'm going to try and shoot it in the head with a sniper rifle.

• Like 1

Well the Machine Gun falls into the Heavy Weapon category - and you don't need to get one from the vault as the first legendary weapon I got was a void damage machine gun

The problem with Heavy Weapons in the Crucible is the need to wait for the ammo drops and there is no assurance you will get to the crate in time

The Dark Below (the first expansion) hits Dec 9

On December 9, The Dark Below — the first downloadable expansion for Destiny — will arrive across all supported platforms. With all-new weapons and gear, story quests, multiplayer arenas, a challenging new cooperative Strike, six-player Raid, and more, The Dark Below will broaden the Destiny universe and give players new opportunities to evolve their Guardian.

In The Dark Below, a new character Eris will arrive at the Tower to deliver an ominous warning: that The Hive plans to summon a powerful god, Crota, to destroy Earth. Through three new story quests, The Will of Crota Strike, and the Crota’s End Raid, players will fight to uncover and eliminate The Hive’s forces and save humanity. As players progress, they’ll have an opportunity to earn all-new weapons, armor, and gear for their Guardian, including Legendary and Exotic items. What’s more, The Dark Below will raise the maximum Light Level to 32 and introduce five additional Bounty slots.

The expansion will also add three new competitive multiplayer maps. Set in a Vex temple within the Black Garden, Pantheon features tight corridors and Vex-designed landscapes, while in Skyshock players will battle in an interplanetary defense array across both vehicle and infantry engagements. Finally, The Cauldron is housed within an abandoned Hive ritual site for frenetic, tight-quarters combat. Those on PlayStation platforms will gain access to an additional cooperative Strike dubbed The Undying Mind and more as an exclusive until Fall 2015.

The Dark Below will be available as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass or can be purchased separately for $19.99. 

You can get elemental primary weapons though from the raid.  Atheons Epilogue is an auto rifle that does void damage and Vision of Confluence is a scout rifle that does solar damage.  Fatebringer is an arc damage hand cannon but that only comes from the raid on hard difficulty.  From what I understand Atheons Epilogue is an "okay" gun that when void damage isn't necessary it might be something you wouldn't use over another legendary auto rifle like Shadow Price or Vanquisher VIII.  Vision of Confluence is regarded as one of the best weapons in the game though regardless of elemental damage.  I've been hoping to get Atheon's Epilogue everytime I do the raid but never end up with it.  It only drops at the completion of Atheon and I've only received shards, etc. from that part of the raid. 

It was a good destiny day yesterday.  Knocked out the nightfall first which was probably the easiest nightfall I've done.  The best strategy in my opinion for a full fire team at the nexus part is to not jump down and just stay up top.  One minotaur will spawn up there pretty frequently so If you have one person watching the back of the room and letting you know the minotaur has spawned, the other two can turn around and help take him down quickly.  Then just go back to sniping the nexus.  Then did the mission again on the Weekly heroic which was much quicker and then knocked out the daily before doing a couple of crucible battles. 

I'm scheduled to do the raid this Saturday with some friends.  Looking forward to the random Atheon teleports.  Everyone gonna have to learn to relic now!

And definitely looking forward to the expansion although I wish it were more content than they listed.  I like the additional five bounty slots for sure. 

It is really hard to shake the feeling though that the Expansion was content that was ready for the game but they yanked it out just to by able to make more money.

That could be just being very cynical after a frustrating night in the Crucible AND the fucking 9000 XP with out dying bounty boning me again after I fell off a ledge on Venus trying to get a Spirit Bloom

• Like 1

I don't think you're being cynical. 

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should buy the season pass. It seems like it's too much money for what they are going to offer. I do love pointless grinding, but an extra $35 for that seems kinda steep. Although I'll probably be willing to pay for it after taking a break from this. Also, getting to play with friends I don't see anymore has been really great. Definitely a love/hate relationship with this game.

It is really hard to shake the feeling though that the Expansion was content that was ready for the game but they yanked it out just to by able to make more money.

That could be just being very cynical after a frustrating night in the Crucible AND the fucking 9000 XP with out dying bounty boning me again after I fell off a ledge on Venus trying to get a Spirit Bloom

I'm sure you're right.  There definitely needed to be more content in the main game than what we got.  I know I've put some hours in this game but I shouldn't be basically capped out and done with a game after a month.  It just would have been nice if there were more story missions and maybe another strike or two per planet so things didn't get quite so repetitive.  At the same time if you asked me if it was worth the $60 my answer would easily be hell yes. 

People vote with their dollar.  This wouldn't be the case in the industry if people weren't buying up DLC all the time. 

Or better yet, as recommended by the Giant Bomb guys, if you complete the Raid, then matchmaking for the Raid should open up. 

Regarding the Raid, I did some of it with my buddies last night and I had no idea what was going on at times. I did get a Legendary Cloak and the Last Word from a chest though, so I had that going for me, which was nice.

Also, I would appreciate it if this game gave me Ascendant SHARDS instead of Energy...

Yeah, I'll see. When we stopped with the raid last night, I checked on you and you were doing a Weekly.

BTW, the Nightfall is fucking stupid hard this week. I hate that Nexus fight more than any other in the game and it's even worse with the Nightfall. I was doing the Nightfall with a 29 and a 28 and we were getting one-shotted like crazy. There just isn't anywhere to hide in that boss arena and the fuckin' Nexus hits with a ton of splash damage. That, and the adds spawn way faster than they normally do so you're always swarmed by adds.

Damien Death and myself finished the nightfall yesterday in about 40 minutes total.   I had him watching my back with a blue fusion rifle with void damage, while I was putting sniper rounds into the big fucker with a blue void damage sniper rifle (I was getting more hp with that then I was with icebreaker fully ascended) until I ran out of special ammo.

I attempted the vault yesterday evening, again.  Half the team kept getting booted with error code monkey after the patch...they all tapped out...looks like I'm s.o.l on the vault again this week too.