DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

JT, Josh and I ran through the Summoning Pits because I got a 2nd Exotic Bounty for doing The Summoning Pits

As suspected - did it with out dying. In fact - our group was finally able to get the achievement for no one dying in a fireteam full of clan members.

So two bounties, a gold chest and an achievement for doing one thing.

I was very pleased.

Hit Vanguard 2 so I think I will work on my Dead Orbit rep for a bit.

If nothing, Psycho Josh has a talent for grabbing the low hanging fruit.  He will always push for maximum results for minimum effort almost to an agonizing degree.

The difference engine got creative today.  The Bounties are all over the place.and two of the available Queen's Wrath bounties involve wearing her gear.  Fuck.  With only a couple of days left in the event and this being my custody weekend, I definitely won't earn have the time to enough rep to make Queen Rank 2.  Oh, well.

Knocked out the Kill 10 Fallen Majors (Queen) and Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras (Vanguard) bounties this morning as well as the Complete 6 Patrols In The Cosmodrome.

I still have Complete A Strike Without Dying that I can attempt to use in tandem with the bounty on the head of the Archon Priest that I have to kill in the last strike I need to do on Venus before moving on to Mars.. provided that I don't die.. 

I also have a Queen's bounty out for killing Draksis the Winter Kell in the Scourge of Winter mission.  Once I wrap up all of this story mission stuff on Venus, I will go back and hunt for Gold Chests and Dead Ghosts.

I could stand to string two or three of the available Crucible bounties together.  There is one for completing five Clash matches and I already have one for killing 25 Warlocks.  I tend to get Postmortem medals with my Swarm Grenade, so I could always grab the Crucible bounty for killing 20 Guardians with Grenades.

I hate the new patch.   I used to get an Ascendant Shard almost every time I got Gold on a Public event, but I've done three and nada for shards.

I caved in and bought my Dustwalker chest armor last night.  It hurt to burn the last of my Vanguard marks, but I need the defense score.   I will be focusing on earning more Vanguard Marks so that I can finally complete my set of Dustwalker armor.

Now if only I could do something about these shitty Blue weapons..  I will keep saving up my Strange Coins and Motes of Light and hit up Xur one weekend.

Well I still need 4 more strikes without dying so I definitely can do some with you tonight.

I am home today since they are supposed to be doing some work in my apartment - so I guess it is advancing the story time

Well I still need 4 more strikes without dying so I definitely can do some with you tonight.

I am home today since they are supposed to be doing some work in my apartment - so I guess it is advancing the story time.

I should be home by 3PM or so.  We can handle that last little bit of business on Venus.

If you need help with something major, Psycho Josh should be online right about now.  He works from home and leaves his console on with his jumpship in orbit.

Shoot him a Live Chat request and he should respond if he isn't in the middle of something else.

I just did 6 patrols on Earth.

Forgot I had my Defender on and waded into the middle of a Hive/Fallen never ending battle

That... wasn't ideal

I have three Crucible bounties that I will probably work on on and off through the day. Oh and I need to go to the Moon and kill Hive. I did double check that exotic bounty and it is moon specific.

You can search the name of your bounty in Google and it should tell you what exotic item you will be rewarded with.

I know that is cheating, but It would probably suck if you ended up with a weapon you rarely use like a machine gun or a fusion rifle.   

I already have the Kill 25 Warlocks Bounty and am going to get the Compete in 5 Clash Matches bounty after we do the second Venus strike.  Try not to go apeshit and get ridiculously ahead of me.

Go work on your ME3 GR% or something.

Well a lot will depend on how long the work in my place takes and the fact that I am technically "working from home"

I have a few meetings to attend and have to go and have a word with the planning group that is doing some database work for me.  I plan on cutting fence around 2:30 borrowing unforseen adverse events.

I forgot that Josh spolierized your Exotic Bounty and told you that you will eventually get that exotic Hand Cannon named Thorn once you are all done.. sometime in 2027.. 

I finally played through the final earth mission. I am happy that I was leveled higher this time than I was when I went through it on the beta. I also hit level 10 last night. With me being out of town Saturday, I'm not sure how far I will get. 

What is the best strategy for taking on the Hive and Vandals that charge at you at a higher level? I can't reload my shotgun quick enough most of the time.

Also, are there any story missions that are better played with a fireteam vs. solo on here? 

I finally played through the final earth mission. I am happy that I was leveled higher this time than I was when I went through it on the beta. I also hit level 10 last night. With me being out of town Saturday, I'm not sure how far I will get. 

What is the best strategy for taking on the Hive and Vandals that charge at you at a higher level? I can't reload my shotgun quick enough most of the time.

Also, are there any story missions that are better played with a fireteam vs. solo on here? 

More is always better when it comes to anything in this game, IMO.  I'd rather roll with clan members than do things on my own.

As far as Hive and Vandals go,  I have found my new sticky grenades like the Flux Grenade and the Tripmine Grenade to be pretty effective on chargers, provided that they are not up in my grill when the bomb goes off. 

Failing that, I usually just keep the sights of my primary weapon at head level of the enemy and try to keep firing.  Just don't get battle amnesia.  If your Heavy Weapon has ammo, use it.   A rocket launcher fired at Thralls as they mass up or unloading your machine gun as they charge will get the job done.

If you have a loadout that you like, try to invest in armor upgrades that improves your reload speed and ammo supply.  The reason I got Dustwalker gauntlets and Chest Armor is because I have grown fond of Hand Cannons and Sniper Rifles.  Too bad that there aren't too many pieces of Leg Armor that grant benefits for Hand Cannons or Sniper Rifles.

More than halfway to achieving my level 2 Crucible rank. Fuck this shit takes forever. Same goes for the Queen's bullshit. You have to be her stupid errand boy earning shit while you do it. Only thing I haven't done is a Queen's Wrath mission because I can't solo that shit. Other than that, I'm doing about 4 bounties of hers each day and I so far away from rank 2. Argh...

We didnt do Sword of Crota

We did The Summoning Pits

I am old and everything looks the same on the Moon.

but I think we're seriously running out of game here.

GTA 5 lasted 11 months (and it probably what I'm going back to next - maybe finish Skyrim first). Destiny? One month.

Xbox players will be telling this game to go fuck itself a lot sooner than PS players thanks to the exclusive content agreement.

The bloom is quickly falling from the rose.   I can unlock the achievements for this game at any time, so Bungie's best bet is to do something to keep me playing thIs thing.

The "Hey!  Do It On A Higher Difficulty!" model is not going to work on me.  A rerun shown an hour after the original episode or a year after is still a fucking rerun.

I don't need new phat lewts; I need to fight more evil.. 

• Like 1

This game is baffling and one of the Giant Bomb dudes is experiencing the same thing as me. I think a lot of people are, actually. I'm not the most loot driven person when it comes to games and I fucking hate doing "runs." It's why I couldn't stick with Diablo 2 and why WoW got so boring. Doing runs and farming bores the shit out of me. For some reason this game has me hooked and damn near addicted. I just want to get that next piece of gear, find that next Engram, earn that next rank, etc. I have done that Earth strike so many times now, but I keep doing it. I think the reason why I'm not reluctant to do that run, or others, is because while it's repetitive, it isn't tedious. There is a tangible kind of joy I get from smashing the shit out of enemies in PvE, the same kind I got from being Master Chief and fucking up dudes with him.

There is a tangible kind of joy I get from smashing the shit out of enemies in PvE, the same kind I got from being Master Chief and fucking up dudes with him.

It is good to be a badass and blast stuff.

I also dig some the cast of characters.   There needs to be a cut scene where I knock the shit out of the Queen's brother.

And admit it to yourself.

The fact that the Stranger is a female Exo does not bother you one bit.

You have done this sexy robot thing before and enjoyed it.

masseffect3201208241638.jpg

YOU FUCKING WEIRDO~!

I finished killing Hive on the moon and am onto the next stage of this exotic bounty.

Which is doing void damage to folks in the Crucible so yeah... now I know what I am doing for awhile

I finished killing Hive on the moon and am onto the next stage of this exotic bounty.

Which is doing void damage to folks in the Crucible so yeah... now I know what I am doing for awhile

Primary Weapons do Kinetic Damage.   Your Secondary and Heavy Weapons are going to get a workout.

I hope you have another Secondary Weapon or Heavy Weapon tucked away that does Void Damage tucked away somewhere.   Last time I checked, the only weapon you had that did Void Damage was your sniper rifle and you almost never use your sniper rifle in Crucible matches.

We may have to item farm a bit to find you a Level 20 Fusion Rifle or a Level 20 Shotgun that does Void Damage.

I think that both my Sniper and my HMG both do Void Damage.  I really do need to farm and build up a weapon that does Solar or Arc Damage.

Fuck - I just realized that dying takes points away on this bounty.

I am never getting it (especially because my only two void weapons are my sniper and machine gun)

We can always farm you a Void Shotgun or Fusion Rifle for use in the Crucible.

If you don't want the Hand Cannon you could always abandon the Bounty.  It is a common practice. 

Save up your Strange Coins and buy an Exotic Engram from Xur that will convert into an Exotic Weapon that you actually want to use.

Finding a void fusion or shotgun won't take long. You'll find a green uncommon pretty easily but they're still useful. Shotguns seem plentiful in the game. I have a rare shotgun of each damage type but I don't have a single rare fusion rifle. Just green ones.

Yeah - I played a couple of clashes to finish my assist bounty and then I grabbed the kill Hive Majors and started hunting for a void weapon.

No luck yet but I am going to do vanguard bounties as I look.

Honestly - its the death part that is going to be frustrating. Like the first Crucible match I did was a net zero since all the dudes I sniped were wiped out by my own deaths

The Crucible was kind to us for a change.  I went 5-1 in Clash matches and Rippa turned in more bounties to level up his Sub-Class. 

I was bummed that I did not get a Grimoire card for participating in Combined Arms.  It is just a fucking limited Clash playlist which only has the maps that include vehicles.  

On the bright side, our team won.  I switched my sniper rifle from Quickdraw to AP Rounds and fired at two guys making a push.  Scored two headshots to get the Marksman medal and since the second guy I killed put us over the bonus, I got a Nail In The Coffin medal..

In an interesting twist, Rippa and I ended up on opposing teams during our first Clash match.   Bungie's network shit the bed and weird things happened.  We managed to avoid killing each other.  My team won by being sneaky. 

Being on the opposite site gave me the rare opportunity to observe Rippa's PvP stylings.  He constantly circles the map like a shark randomly looking for someone to shoulder tackle.  There are times that I think he forgets he has a shotgun, but then you see him log a Special Weapon kill.