DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2024 - March/April 2024

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A

And then the Mets won game 2 of the double-header to snap their losing streak and the Tigers unbeaten start.

Spencer Strider is also hurt - starting on the 15 day IL with a sprained UCL

MLBPA officially stated that they believe the pitch clock is to blame for all the injuries. MLB responded by saying tests say no its not the pitch clock but just that pitchers are more injury prone now which kinda is missing the point but whatever

Speaking of injured pitchers - Stephen Strasburg has finally officially retired

Apparently the Nats and Stras finally worked out the hold up around the remaining money he is owed (Stras is getting all of his money - the Nats are just deferring it - probably to the heat death of the universe)

• Like 1

as much as I would love to blame anything that's been vomited out of Rob Manfred's Brainstorm Bin in the last 7 or so years, including but not limited to the pitch clock, I really have to figure this is far more due to The Pitching Motion Is Bad On The Human Body and The Pitching Motion Is Especially Bad On The Body When You Expect Everybody To Throw 99mph Over And Over Again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

as much as I would love to blame anything that's been vomited out of Rob Manfred's Brainstorm Bin in the last 7 or so years, including but not limited to the pitch clock, I really have to figure this is far more due to The Pitching Motion Is Bad On The Human Body and The Pitching Motion Is Especially Bad On The Body When You Expect Everybody To Throw 99mph Over And Over Again.

Yeah I think that's probably the truth, but I'm not sure the clock isn't making it just a little bit worse.

• Like 1

Yes Stanton is a shell of his former self but every once in awhile he can do this to a baseball 

If I was a betting man - I would put money down on Skip Schumaker being the first manager fired

Not only are the Marlins 1-10 to start the season but the club has rescinded Schumaker's option for next year.

And now word is the club and manager have been at odds since the firing of Kim Ng since Schumaker wasn't happy about that

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I was a betting man - I would put money down on Skip Schumaker being the first manager fired

Not only are the Marlins 1-10 to start the season but the club has rescinded Schumaker's option for next year.

And now word is the club and manager have been at odds since the firing of Kim Ng since Schumaker wasn't happy about that

Tony Pena resigning suddenly as Royals manager during a bad season for reasons totally not related to a lawsuit about having an affair with a neighbor comes to mind as the ultimate midseason departure in baseball.

The funny thing about the Marlins whacking Skip quickly is that they built their opening day radio promos around name puns urging people to skip what they were doing to watch the Marlins on opening day

Stop me if you have heard this before

Trevor Story will miss the rest of the season as he is undergoing shoulder surgery

It means he will have played 145 games total over the last 3 seasons which is exactly when he signed his 6 year, $140 million deal with the Sox

The Red Sox 2004 World Series video was set to the noted upbeat celebratory song “American Pie” by Don McLean

For when you need an 8 minute song about the day the music died for your celebration.

• Haha 2

Damien Priest is in the booth right now with Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill in the 3rd inning of the Yankees/Marlins game. Priest is a big Yankees fan, so that makes him ok in my book. 

6 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Red Sox 2004 World Series video was set to the noted upbeat celebratory song “American Pie” by Don McLean

For when you need an 8 minute song about the day the music died for your celebration.

for those who didn't see it, just imagine the "On the streets, the children screamed" lyrics about the reactions to the death of Buddy Holly set to footage of the Red Sox 2004 World Series parade. It was a choice of song alright.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Damien Priest is in the booth right now with Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill in the 3rd inning of the Yankees/Marlins game. Priest is a big Yankees fan, so that makes him ok in my book. 

The WWE really needs to stop having their "tall" wrestlers stand next to Aaron Judge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paragon11 said:

The Orioles have called up Jackson Holliday, and he could be in tonight's lineup vs. the Red Sox.

He is going to wear #7 which had been semi-retired by Baltimore as it was Cal Ripken Sr's number

They had Cal Jr put out a statement on behalf of the family saying they approved it because fans were starting to get cranky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE really needs to stop having their "tall" wrestlers stand next to Aaron Judge

For those who haven't seen the pic:

• Like 1

Giancarlo Stanton finally hit a HR against the Marlins thus making him the 15th active player to homer against all 30 clubs

• Like 1

Jordan Montgomery will no longer be represented by Scott Boras

I am shocked - SHOCKED - at this development

• Like 1