DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/20 - 3/26/2024 - Do You Wanna Ride In My Mercedes Boy?

Man, whoever had "Ospreay is a really great promo, Bruv!" on his Bingo card? He is so awesome and talks naturally, not robotic like some of the 4 pillars or many who had "speech training" in the Fed. 

• Like 5

On 3/22/2024 at 11:49 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Who are the people she injured and who did she injure on purpose? 

She bragged openly about breaking Alexa Bliss' nose multiple times on purpose. There was also the time she ENDED PAIGE'S CAREER. Again, you won't care, because Mercedes will have been justified due to her follower count. Am I doing that right? I took my time answering this because there are multiple reddit AMA's and Twitter Q&A's with released nXt talent where Sasha is named as a bully during her time at the PC. I know that no amount of links I post will change your mind that she's sainted and allowed to do whatever she wants because she had 4 minutes of screen time on a Disney+ show, so I won't bother. You can google it yourself. 

13 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Man, whoever had "Ospreay is a really great promo, Bruv!" on his Bingo card? He is so awesome and talks naturally, not robotic like some of the 4 pillars or many who had "speech training" in the Fed. 

I couldn't put my finger on why I liked Osprey's promos so much, but that's it. He's just talking.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

During the build to the OC Forbidden Door bout it seemed very clear Ospreay needed to get to the US to showcase his mic game alongside his stellar in-ring. If the archive is alive it will not lie that at least one bingo card showed this. I would assume there were more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Just Dave said:

She bragged openly about breaking Alexa Bliss' nose multiple times on purpose. There was also the time she ENDED PAIGE'S CAREER. Again, you won't care, because Mercedes will have been justified due to her follower count. Am I doing that right? I took my time answering this because there are multiple reddit AMA's and Twitter Q&A's with released nXt talent where Sasha is named as a bully during her time at the PC. I know that no amount of links I post will change your mind that she's sainted and allowed to do whatever she wants because she had 4 minutes of screen time on a Disney+ show, so I won't bother. You can google it yourself. 

You sound jealous or something, not a good look for who is supposed to be a grown man. Lol.   "A Disney+ show"... haha. We should discuss her walking the runway at the L.A. and NY fashion shows as well.  

But look, you have an ax to grind, everyone knows it. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it.  You're the guy who once said she sounds like she's a "fake black woman" whatever the hell that means, one of the most suspect things I've ever read on here. She's quite literally FRIENDS with dozens of women's wrestlers,  including Bayley, Naomi, Tamina, Natalya, Dr. Britt, Bianca, etc. and Paige said herself she doesn't blame Sasha at all for what happened in that match.  But you can pretend "no one likes her" to fit whatever weird narrative you have. 

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

During the build to the OC Forbidden Door bout it seemed very clear Ospreay needed to get to the US to showcase his mic game alongside his stellar in-ring. If the archive is alive it will not lie that at least one bingo card showed this. I would assume there were more.

Yeah.  I thought he crushed it and outshined Jericho in that promo before Wembley, and I liked his usual New Japan post-match promo stuff.  He's been a good promo for quite a while now IMO, since before the pandemic.  He's got infectious energy and everything about him is believable. 

Plus the accent/slang will always get over in America as long as the person delivering it is halfway charismatic

"American women all love accents."

"We do!  Cause we don't got none!"

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I only had about 6 hours of AEW to go through after more than a week away from Triller Tv. Well, I have it on my phone as well, but was too busy with, well, Italy.

Both Rampages were good, enjoyed Collison, with Eddie vs Okada, there was a Bryan vs Shibata in there somewhere, too!

The Infantry upset House of Black, I had a bad feeling that they would, but was surprised that it was due to Mark Briscoe (although it makes sense).

The women's street fight was wild, as was the I Quit match. I had a feeling Christian would quit before getting Spiked. The coward. It will be interesting to see who steps up to Copeland after this?

Looking at Shibata vs Ospreay and Swerve vs Takeshita there is some really cool stuff lined up.

I just have like 5 episodes of ROH and 3-4 Impacts to get to as well and not very much free time to get that done!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

I liked his usual New Japan post-match promo stuff.  He's been a good promo for quite a while now IMO

"I Need You To Beat Me" is Ospreay's "Hard Times", to me.  It's an intense, fiery promo, in the same vein as these Babyface promos he has been cutting in AEW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1