DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

I assume the bug can still happen when people just wander off and you have to find them randomly on whatever planet they are on.

I have seen more than one video of a person chasing a NPC down in the wilderness to complete a quest because for... reasons... the person didn't stay in their designated spot

I totally do not remember there being a mineral shop in Akila City my first playthrough.

giving Sarah a modded out Acid Rain gun should be fun times. 

accepted the Ranger storyline, mainly to access the mission board. I like having the Starborn dialog option to tell people what is going to happen, like Wilson with the Ashtas on Akila City. 

The mineral shop has always been there.  The proprietor is very high on the "Why can't we romance this person? list on the Reddits.

It's the end of an era.  I have turned in my last news story to Nadia Muffaz.  Goodbye extra credits.  I kinda forgot about that mission line and didn't realize I could get paid for giving Nadia a story about the late Ron Hope.

Edited by J.T.

Yes. Didn’t ever see that before. 

finally got the other Constellation crew showing up after getting some Artifacts. Gonna see what happens when I take Sam to Akila City. 

has anyone taken out that legendary Eclipse battleship that’s like level 55? I tried today and got smoked.

Yes, my laptop game tweener character is a debt collector for GalBank and Vae Victis's hitman.  I am kinda bummed that he hasn't sent me to clap President Abello.

Victis is such a dirtbag to work for.  When I get as far as I am in on my console game, I am totally ratting him out.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

has anyone taken out that legendary Eclipse battleship that’s like level 55? I tried today and got smoked.

I have blown up both the Va'Ruun Shroudbearer and the Spacer Scavenger Blattodea with my Class-C Roci clone, but the Ecliptic Camulus continues to evade me.  I am not really looking to challenge it though.  I have heard the Camulus is a legit monster.

My only Legendary Ship combat advice is to carry lots of ship parts for repairs and do your best to disable the engines and the grav drive by attacking from the aft section.  Remember every dirty move you learned in Vanguard training. 

You will probably need to repair often as the Legendary Ships will almost certainly be a part of a fleet and will have smaller ships nearby that will attack you.  Deal with the smaller ships first and then engage the Legendary Ship.

And obviously upgrade as much as your skill levels will allow.

You cannot board the Legendary Ships so just focus on blowing them up.

If you are in a space battle with the Camulus, it will be better to be lucky than it will be to be good.

Edited by J.T.

I was in the Starborn ship so really had no chance. I had problems the other day fighting the 3 pirates around level 30 when you do the storyline with the LIST settlers. 

I was happy to see a video saying a modded up Boom Boom was best gun in the game.  I had a modded up Blue one in my first playthrough that was my gun of choice, other than sniping people. 

I've also finally starting using the replenishing O2 power when I'm running around and only switch to Souless Space when I have to fight a starborn after visiting a temple. 

Yes, enemies can't hear your shoes squeak from ten miles away anymore.  Stealth play is slightly improved, but it's not Skyrim levels of ridiculous where people just have no peripheral vision and can't see you even if you are crouching right next to them.

If you want to be a space ninja, you'll still need to invest in Concealment or use Void Form. Sneak alone will not get the job done.

Good fixes in the update, but only covers some of the bugged missions in my queue.  The door to Sub 12 in the Well is still busted so I can't finish Nyssa's last mission. Drinks on the House, without using the workaround. 

I guess I am going to have to go full tilt into completing the Ryujin mission line so that i can get the mind control amp and use it to make one of the UCSEC officers in the well open the door for me.

Edited by J.T.

Boy, did I stumble my way bass ackward thru the final Ryujin mission. I did the first hack with no problem, but after like 45 minutes of getting caught, I finally just bulled my way thru the building using Starborn powers to get the Neuro Amp. 

but now , I have my office there and the ryujin mission board. 

I enjoy the game but I also think there's a ton of valid criticisms of it. I think it says a lot that I'm enjoying Fallout 4 thanks to all the Creation Kit made add ons a lot more.

I still think Starfield will be awesome post-creation kit but I've basically done everything I can possibly want to do for now. There are a ton of systems and ideas that, on the surface, are great, but they lack the depth the creation kit is going to add.

It doesn't help that portions of the main story might be the worst part of the game. All of the dialogue involving working out a puzzle around which planet the Pilgrim went to is just absolute pure nonsense of the bad kind. It doesn't help that Matteo and Noel are two of the most boring characters possible.

The side factions are definitely better.