DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I somehow found a mission that I thought I had finished but didn’t since it has multiple parts. Maybe it unlocked after a length of time. I know some of the Akila City missions have a “check back in 24 hours” delays. 

One of those - Beer Run - is bugged for me and won’t complete

However my game is slowly healing. My one naked merchant has started wearing clothes again

For all of the encounters in The Well I've apparently skipped over in Starfield, I did not miss nearly getting mauled to death by Big Bruno early on in my campaign.  YOU GOT TOFUED~!!!

All I wanted was to get credit for a picked lock towards my Security challenge and got attacked by a security bot that was six levels higher than me.  WTF, Starfield?  Luckily I had a mine handy and didn't put my Cutter in storage.   Lasers and explosives are very effective against mech enemies.

Edited by J.T.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One of those - Beer Run - is bugged for me and won’t complete

However my game is slowly healing. My one naked merchant has started wearing clothes again

I saw the underpants wearing guard in Akila City the other day. 

It might be time to either start the Crimson Fleet storyline or continue with the main story. Just surveying planets just make feel like I'm just playing No Mans Sky. 

I’ve been good so far about not stealing contraband. I had a chance to Nick some the other day but left it alone. 

kind of at the point where I want to see some of the BIG STUFF I’ve only watched in clips already. 

when your game resets with NG+, do you lose all your planetary survey data? 

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

when your game resets with NG+, do you lose all your planetary survey data? 

Yes. Yet another reason I went from being, "this game fucking rules" to "yo, I don't about this game..."

It's another thing though that should theoretically be able to be modded. I'm going to come back to this once the modding community has had ample time to make the correct adjustments to the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know what doesn't help when trying to stealth?

Hitting the wrong button and throwing a grenade

I hate it when I successfully sneak up to a doorway with no one the wiser and then I drop a mine and it lands with a huge CLANK and alerts nearly everyone to my presence.  I can still get people to chase me and trip my trap, but it would be nice to get in a free ranged sneak attack with my Legendary suppressed weapons before shit goes down.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I never use mines. I don't even pick then up to sell back. 

Explosives and lasers seem to be particularly effective against robots and mean alien beasties, so I try to keep a couple of mines and a few grenades on me whenever I am out doing shit.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know what doesn't help when trying to stealth?

Hitting the wrong button and throwing a grenade

I do that all the time decorating my house cause I get frustrated with the finicky controls and end up throwing a grenade - the amount of times I've blown up my bed trying to perfectly place a stuffed animal...

I don't think I'll never do NG+.  The thought of losing all my stuff and survey data is horrifying to me.  I'll just keep endless exploring planets surrounded by all my swag.  

So, I am returning from finishing up Groundpounder and notice a salt shaker on the ground in front of the Viewpoint while on my way to Amoli's to buy Ship Parts.  Wonky game physics strikes again.  The salt shaker is an item with the "Stolen" tag, so I was careful not to click the A button to put the item in my inventory and therefore commit theft.. 

I just hold the A button on my controller to pick up the Salt Shaker so that I can place it on a table inside of the bar. 

But this is not Skyrim, is it?

No sooner am I returning with the salt shaker than the blonde hostess in the bar comes out screaming THIEF~! and UC Security arrests me.. 

Next thing you know, I am onboard the UC Vigilance with Commander Ikabe going all Bill Duke from Menace II Society "You know you done fucked up, right?" on me about either helping out US SysDef by infiltrating the Crimson Fleet or getting sent to space prison.... for a crime punishable by a fine of seventeen credits.

Mind you, all of this came about.... over a fucking salt shaker I picked up off the ground.  Petty larceny comes with severe penalties in these parts.

Soooo very Bethesda.

Edited by J.T.

I have reached the point of no return in the Crimson Fleet quest where in as soon as I start the next part - I am locked in until I finish

Since I am so Paragon - I am one of the few players who will not miss having access to The Key

• Like 1

Instead of just putting the unlucky boots in the crate as instructed, I sold them to some pushy, rude tech for 500 creds just to be a jerk.  He was a bit of an asshole and I just expected the guy to trip over his own shoelaces and faceplant or something.

I did not realize I was signing the tech's death warrant. 

Oh, well.  At least Antonio is happy that the cursed footwear is gone....

FOR NOW~!!!

HEHEHEHEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by J.T.

Guilty as charged.  I had to return to the Den anyway to tell the fascist bartender that I found good spots in New Atlantis for his Space Nazi propaganda.

I have played enough Legacy of Kain games to know that doing something to promote a guy named Vae Victis was probably a bad idea, but creds are creds and I am trying to bankroll this Stroud-Eklund Class-C that I want to build from scratch.

I have already put up posters in support of the forces of good.  Time to put them up in support of the forces of evil, I guess.

As for the ship tech, I have played enough Mass Effect to know that any guy named Conrad probably deserves to die.

Edited by J.T.

I am irritated because I didn't realize there was more evidence for Burden of Proof than the shit you find during quests

So I am not gonna find all of them since some of the places are now locked off

I thought that pestering Helena Chambers, TerraBrew employee, would get old.

It has not.

Now I believe there should be an activity where you get to go to another planet where the TerraBrew corporate headquarters is to get a refund after you complain to the New Atlantis store manager about her poor customer service.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I'd like to do Barretts quest but he's been my companion forever now and it hasn't triggered.

Have you been talking to him? Since I think you need to go through enough of his backstory for it to pop.

And how hasn't it triggered - I am positive you said earlier that you were stuck with him because you did start the mission and couldn't dismiss him

Yeah, I can’t dismiss him now. I’ve tried doing all his dialogue about his hsband and it discussies the lawyer stuff and I paid for that. 
im ready to call it a day and move on. 

I also can’t talk to Sarah, even though it’s an activity, because she’s stuck on the eye and gives me the same dialogue about talking later.

Take Barrett to Gagarin and see if that triggers it

As for Sarah - it sounds like she either got assigned to The Eye or you unassigned her there and she has no way of getting back to the Lodge. I was assign her to your ship and see if that works. And if she is assigned to your ship - unassign her and go from there