DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

Finally went to the Lair of the Mantis last night and got the Razorleaf

Lot easier when you can hack computers

Definitely will need to look up some simple ship upgrades because my cargo hold capacity dropped by 70%

7 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Man, I skipped it on my first character but the Ryujin questline is fucking great.

Anyway, here's Neon at night in the rain.

bafkreicsnfhontjyoogay3ifvqxqls7c3jlazk5sfn7hpmsxxfkzilff5i@jpeg

Neon is just a great setting for the bittersweet missions you can find there. 

You get to join a gang, help the merchants fight the system, get street justice for a widow, get into the illicit drug trade, and lots of other cool stuff.   It is just as Night City as Night City and it's only ONE of the places you can go in this gigantic fucking game, as opposed to Cyberpunk 2077 where all of the action happens in one location.

You did the Ryujin questline so you probably went to the Seokguh Syndicate's hideout and got the Syndicate Enforcer sword legit.

I cheated.  I went to Neon as a segue before starting The Old Neighborhood.  Neon City Rat goes home to take care of unfinished business before moving on and all that sort of thing. 

While I was there I just decided I wanted a better wakizashi than the normal one that Hatchet can sell you after you finish the first mission for the Ebbside Strikers, so I broke into the Syndicate hideout, stole the sword, and went to the TA rep to get the Stolen tag removed.

I think I posted the where to go and how to do it in an earlier post.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Finally went to the Lair of the Mantis last night and got the Razorleaf

Lot easier when you can hack computers

One day I will stop messing around and do that mission.  Most players use a fully upgraded Razorleaf to defeat the Class-M enemy ship encounters, so I guess I should get off my ass and add Razorleaf to my ship collection.

I've got L3 Security so I have no problems with locks and computers.  I finally put the Constellation spacesuit in storage and am using the Mark I after defeating the Master level lock on the display cabinet.

Edited by J.T.

I avenged the widow in Neon last night. And then went down the street and made some Aurora. Also helped the guy with the eyepatch whose robot got tagged with graffiti. 

I keep putting the Mantis thing until I thought I was high enough level. I'm level21 now so should prob go ahead and do it.  

• Like 1

I'm not going to do the Mantis sidequest on my new run just because the rewards you get are way too fucking OP. Maybe the most OP stuff I've seen in a BGS game? To put it like this, I got the Mantis stuff maybe 20 or so hours in...I think...and I never found another suit or ship that was worth changing to over the next 80+ hours I put in. Aside from limited cargo space, which you can easily remedy by putting an extra cargo container at the back of the ship, it's just insanely powerful and dices up just about any other ship you'll come across. I suppose you could change the suit if stealth isn't your thing, but even then, it provides so much defense.

12 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I must have done the Mantis quest too late the one time I did it, because I found the rewards severely underwhelming. Was never tempted to use any of them.

Yeah - it gets hyped up because you get it so very early that if you do it - the ship and armor are betting than anything else you are gonna get for a long while

Maybe it's me, but I have noticed more noclip bugs since the patch.   I think the update broke something when they tried to fix the issue with vendor inventories.

There is a fountain being cleaned near the Lodge that now has the sweeping brooms stuck half in and half out of the ground and there are several construction barricades in Neon that also get trapped in the ground after crowds of citizens knock them over and push them halfway across the city.

If you walk around Underbelly in Neon, you will also see Chasmbass and Whalesharks occasionally swimming in mid air near the fishery.

Bethesda seems to still have Skyrim-eqsue problems with getting objects to stay where they are supposed to. 

Occasionally I will walk into a shop like The Emporium or Jemmison Mercantile and finding objects the floor and since they have a Stolen tag on them, merely picking one up off of the ground counts as theft.

I think they need to tweak the physics in this game a little more.  In addition to objects, it would be nice if dead bodies weren't made of goo and disappeared after a while.  It's been a week in game and the Disciples I exterminated during the gang war are still lying in the street.

Edited by J.T.

Did some random missions tonight just to get them out of my inventory. Put tracer on Mars tower, got book for kid on Mars, did Sgt Yumi mission in New Atlantis. Lots of early game stuff I didn’t do before. Finally went to Vladimir’s villa. Couldn’t pick the lock on the room in the basement. 

getting used to the Star eagle. Boy, it packs some oomph.

Speaking of oomph, here is another advanced Frontier build.

I like the design, but it's not a Day 1-ish build like SGT Sylver's.  Some of the structural pieces require you to put a point Starship Engineering I in order to buy them from the shipyard, but I do like the fact that he laid it out all on one level, so no annoying ladders.  It also means taking a trip to New Homestead on Saturn's moon, Titan, since that shipyard has all of the modules he's using.

The mods also come with a hefty price tag.  No way you will spend under 40K creds like Sylver did for this build.

I also did not realize that the hab on the Frontier (the one with the Research Station) is one of a kind.  If you delete it, you can't buy another.  If you went with this design, you wouldn't have to since this ship has a Science Bay with all of the equipment you need.

The video does give me more ideas about aesthetics and maybe look into experimenting with cowlings, braces, portholes and stuff.

Edited by J.T.

Darth Xion does the heavy lifting for those of us who are interior design challenged.

Norespawns also has a good outpost build guide.  It goes against the grain of the Bessel III-b system because Norespawns builds the habs complex FIRST and then drops his extractors. 

I don't think it matters because you can move things around as long as you don't monkey too much with the beacon itself.  I like how he uses solar arrays not only to power his outpost, but also as decoration.

Now I am inspired to burn the entire weekend working on my outpost on Bessel III-b

Edited by J.T.

I was watching some videos by a guy named Uncle Mumble who rated all the skills and powers, including the maxed out versions of both. 

Dont agree with all his opinions (given my play styles) but good info to have. 

spemt like 15 minutes trying to find the ECS ark, but think that might be bugged out too. 

Turned off auto saving to try and cut down on the number of warning messages I was getting about running out of save space

Of course now I have to be more mindful of remembering to save

Only boned me once so far

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

When I save, I try to scroll back to overwrite saves more than a week old. I think I still have 50 odd saves.

This is what I normally do but I am fighting the bug where the game doesn't overwrite saves even when you select it

And with how many times this game will autosave - I got to the point where every 30 seconds I would have to delete saves

I’ve had issue last couple days when I start the game, it asks if I want to load my hard drive save (older) or cloud (newer)? It took like 15 minutes to load my cloud save today.

went to Wolf system. The Den space station has a magazine with boosted stats, it’s in store room of the Vanguard office in the back.

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

went to Wolf system. The Den space station has a magazine with boosted stats, it’s in store room of the Vanguard office in the back.

Discovered that while going to Wolf to survey a planet for Constellation.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I watched a video where someone said the best sniper rifle in the game could be bought from the Surplus store in Cydonia (the Russian? Guy next to the clinic). Go there and he didn’t have it. 😢

What was the weapon?  Remember that loot in this game is level locked so you won't see the guns that most YouTubers recommend until you are in your 40's or 50's. They never seem to include that caveat in their clickbait vids.

I am in my mid 30's and am waiting for the magrail sniper rifle compliment to the magrail pistol I have, but it's a level 40ish weapon so vendors won't stock it until I am leveled up.

Edited by J.T.

Don’t remember. Here’s the video. And when I looked in the comments, the first thing someone says is that they are level locked to around the mid 30s.

I like the sniper rifle I have now, which I think is blue, maybe yellow.

Edited by odessasteps