DVDVR Message Board

POLL 4/15-4/21/2023- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• GUNTHER vs Xavier Woods- SMACKDOWN
    • Rey Mysterio/ Santos Escobar vs Finn Balor/ Damien Priest- SMACKDOWN
    • Ricochet/ Brawn Stroman vs the Viking Raiders- SMACKDOWN
    • Liv Morgan/ Raquel Rodriguez vs Chelsea Green/ Sonya Deville- SMACKDOWN
    • Solo Sikoa vs Matt Riddle- SMACKDOWN
    • Jonathan Gresham/ Speedball Mike Bailey/ Trey Miguel vs Chris Sabin/ Alex Shelley/ KUSHIDA- IMPACT!
    • Moose vs Yuya Uemura- IMPACT!
    • Hiromu Takahashi vs Robbie Eagles- New Japan on AXS
    • Hazuki vs AZM vs Mercedes Mone- New Japan on AXS
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Lee Moriarty- ROH
    • El Hijo del Vikingo vs Gringo Loco- ROH
    • Mike Bennett/ Matt Taven vs Action Andretti/ Darius Martin- ROH
    • Emperor Azteca vs Soma Watanbe- GLEAT
    • Elemental/ Flamita/ Kaito Ishida vs El Lindaman/ Hayato Tamura/ Tetsuya Izuchi
    • Marti Belle vs Billie Starkz- Derby City Wrestling
    • Rosemary/ JesSICKa vs Taylor Wilde/ KiLynn King- Countdown to Rebellion
    • Finn Balor/ Dominik Mysterio/ Damien Priest vs Sami Zayn/ Kevin Owens/ Matt Riddle- RAW
    • Seth Rollins vs The Miz- RAW
    • Bianca Belair vs Dakota Kai- RAW
    • Rey Mysterio vs Solo Sikoa- RAW
    • Maki Ito vs Ashley D'Ambroise- AEW Elevation
    • Mizuki vs Emi Sakura- AEW Elevation
    • Fuego vs Raider- CMLL
    • Audaz/ Capitan Suicida/ Panterita del Ring Jr vs Esfinge/ Fugaz/ Star Black- CMLL
    • Atlantis/ Atlantis Jr/ Valiente vs El Sagrado/ Gemelo Diablo I/ Gemelo Diablo II- CMLL
    • Mistico/ Soberano Jr/ Volador Jr vs Angel de Oro/ Dragon Rojo Jr/ Stuka Jr- CMLL
    • Natalia Markova vs La Rosa Negra- NWA PowerrR
    • Kerry Morton vs Joe Alonzo- NWA PowerrR
    • Wes Lee vs Charlie Dempsey- NXT
    • Apollo Crews vs Dijak- NXT
    • Roxanne Perez vs Zoey Stark- NXT
    • Mark Coffey/ Wolfgang vs Julius Creed/ Brutus Creed vs Jagger Reid/ Rip Fowler- NXT
    • Baby Star Jr. vs Fussion- IWRG
    • Mr Leo/ Mr Mike/ Rey Halcon vs Caballero de Plata/ Jhon Tito/ Spider Fly- IWRG
    • Hell Boy vs Hip Hop Man- IWRG
    • Wardlow vs Powerhouse Hobbs- DYNAMITE
    • Jay White vs Komander- DYNAMITE
    • Jack Perry vs Sammy Guevara- DYNAMITE
    • Jamie Hayter/ Britt Baker vs Ruby Soho/ Toni Storm- DYNAMITE
    • Noisy Boy/ Spider Fly vs Kenji/ Rey Halcón- IWRG

Well!  No CUT LIST!  WWE smoked AEW this week in the ring.  I had almost forgotten about the Miz vs Seth Rollins.  ROH saved AEW;s bacon, as I am TORN between Vikingo/Gringo Loco, Moriarty/Takeshita and GUNTHER/Woods.  There was some cool matches in GLEAT as Big Lucha finished their invasion.  I watched all of the Takahashi/Eagles and the Triple Threat match that they showed on AXS.  I assume they cut to the finish of the Robbie Eagles match because seemed to be fucking around alot.  CMLL brung the usual awesome stuff with the added extra of a Stuka Jr six man.  IMPACT! had the EPIC six man and a really good Death Dollz/Coven match.

• Like 4

Raw has some nice stuff all around with the switch ups between the Bloodline, Judgement Day, and LWO being fun. Miz/Rollins was shockingly the standout with the two delivering a legit great match 

NXT had plenty of good as usual though Roxanne/Zoey was the standout. Just one of those rare matches where it feels like everything is going perfectly with two people who suit each other perfectly alongside just being a well built match. 

The women's tag from Dynamite was solid. Wardlow/Hobbs as fine. Jay/Komander ended up being a good showcase for Kommander by the end though match was more solid than anything amazing. Still nice work from White. Like Kenny did for Vikingo he made all of Komander's big spots important. 

Smackdown is the first time I can recall in I'm not even sure how long where every match was good and worth checking out. Its another reminder of just how good WWE's roster can be on the whole. Gunther/Woods was the standout here with fine performances form both guys. 

Still need to catch ROH, NJPW, CMLL, and maybe the Impact 6-man. All that said, Miz/Seth has large lead over everything for me right now. That was so damn good and just came from out of nowhere. Its easily the best match I have caught this week so far. Unless there are a decent amount of votes for it by the time I'm caught up something will probably have to be MOTY level for me to consider otherwise since a great Miz performance is so rare. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going with Seth Rollins/The Miz for the surprise factor even though they had a great match way back at WWE Backlash 2018. Honourable mention to GUNTHER/Xavier Woods. Bad week for AEW especially AEW Dynamite.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

The Miz/Seth Rollins rolls out an early lead!  Konosuke/Moriarty pulls up in second!  I'm the only voter who appreciates GUNTHER!

Takeshita/Moriarty was fine. Dug Gringo/Vikingo a good deal. Thought it was a better performance from Vikingo than the Omega match. Gringo Loco also used it as a good chance to show off while still giving that feeling of trying to win. This felt close to those WCW/ECW luchador crusierweight matches where both go for broke.

AZM vs. Mercedes vs. Hazuki was pretty good. All three women worked well together and busted out some nice stuff. Felt like a mix of a Stardom 3-way and better WWE 3-way. Was good hearing a crowd chant for AZM. Hiromu/Eagles is the first time I can recall actually seeing an Eagles match despite having heard his name the past 2 years or so. That due is good. Dug his style and the focus on on trying to cripple/tap out Hiromu. Wish Hiromu sold a little more, but this was the most I have enjoyed his defenses so far in this run. Just a pretty good match all around even if I have a nitpick or two.

All of the CMLL matches were pretty fun though nothing quite stood out above the rest. 

Still waiting to see if Impact will upload the big 6-man tag to their youtube channel. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Still waiting to see if Impact will upload the big 6-man tag to their youtube channel. 

And they did!

• Thanks 1

I will rep for Jay White vs. Kommander.  White is so polished and could walk a broom to a five-star match.

Billie Starkz vs. Marti Belle was also a good little rumble.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Tough choice, I think I might've gone Takeshita-Moriarty had they had a better crowd. Fuckin' cheeseheads! I also loved Vikingo-Gringo Loco. I settled on Jay White v Komander. I just loved that match. I love Komander and was really hoping for a strong debut from Jay. The match did everything I wanted and more. Jay showed his great value right off the bat. I'm very pleased to see him in AEW in this fresh role. I'd been skimming passed or flat out skipping most of his NJPW matches over the past couple years. I always liked Jay, but anybody that was watching any NJPW knows what a repetitious bore the constant horseshit interference was to his bouts. Now is time for the Switchblade to shine. Bring on Starks. And Spears for that matter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Hope you're feeling better, @DEAN. Thought it was fitting to post this here as when I think of you, this comes to mind.

I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow.

• Like 5

Finally caught the Impact 6-man tag. That was so so good. Time Machine were just completely on point and left me wondering why they aren't the trios champs of every promotion already. Still going with Miz/Rollins int he end, but this was probably the match that came closest to making me change my mind.

• Thanks 1

Call me crazy, but I really liked Eagles/Takahashi on AXS this week.   guess we're holding off voting for Rampage until next week because it aired on Saturday?

I need to start recording/skimming Impact again as that Time Machine match sounds like something I'd want to watch.

Edited by Marcel
  • Like 2

• DEAN unpinned this topic