DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

On 10/29/2023 at 9:56 PM, Kang said:

Another alternative universe in Avengers 7?, the Avengers are wearing their previous costumes in a world where they failed against the Ashen Combine.

Thor's wearing the infamous 90's costume. 

Nvm this is later revealed to be a dream/nightmare reality creation by Nightmare. 

19 hours ago, Casey said:

I didn’t know which thread to put this in, but whatever. I realize nobody but me will likely care, but the Amalgam event in the 90s got me into comics (along with the X-Men and Sensational Spider-Man) and I’m so giddy that I just got the complete run of all 24 of the one-shot #1s, the initial four crossover Versus books, and the later All Access/Unlimited Access books for a little above $100. They’re all super fucking minty, too.

😍

i care and i think that's awesome. i loved that DC vs. Marvel 4-issue series and used to have a couple of the one shots (Bruce Wayne, Agent of SHIELD and one of the Darkclaw ones). 

my favorite of that type of "this can't be real" books are the Stan Lee's Just Imagine the DC Universe books. those blew my mind as a teenager and i knew i had to have all 10 or whatever of them. 

I think my favorite when I was a kid was Spider-Boy, I remember having both of the one-shots (solo and team-up). Darkclaw was cool as hell, and yeah I think the cover alone drew me into Dr. Strangefate.

I wish more existed from these characters, honestly. 

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Marvel did their own Marvel only Amalgam gimmick years ago, the characters were Marvel characters merged with Marvel Characters. The Infinity Warps.

I guess with Joey Q gone from Marvel, the ban on new Marvel DC crossovers can be lifted. So someday in the future they could always revisit the actual Amalgam concept.

I’m just now finding out about the JLA/Avengers stuff from the mid 2000s and stuff like Batman/Spider-Man Vs Carnage/Joker. I guess that’s more stuff I need to buy on eBay. Which I’m fine with.

Lobo the Duck is good stuff though, they need to come to an agreement and bring it back damnit.

Ironically, I happen to run into the guy who used to do the George Perez fanzine at the comic shop today. 

when I mentioned the above conversation, he reminded me ofthe original DC/Marvel beef when George was supposed to draw the cross over in the 1980s that got killed largely because of Jim Shooter.

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

the Batman/Hulk book is a crazy book with great JLGL art. 

I still randomly think about that one every so often. Alfred trying to keep Bruce Banner calm. Bats dressing up as an old man to give Hulk advice. Joker suddenly realizing he is in WAAAAY over his head. Great, ridiculous stuff that is so much that era and yet so timeless.

Edited by JLSigman
suddenly realized there's two Bruce's in this story

The NAU (Canada, U.S.A, Mexico) is no more and has been divided up by the other world powers. It's gonna be a radically different setting for Ultimate Spider-man come January. 

The mutants of Earth 6160 shown so far are Omega Red, Colossus, Illyana Rasputin, Sunfire, Silver Samurai, Armor, Maystorm. All are from the east. I dunno if Logan will be Ultimate Wolverine, I kinda doubt it. 

The Spider-Man's Tangled Web series weren't fully in continuity. So, I decided to ignore those stories, as in not in continuity in 616. I don't agree with every decision the Marvel Wikia makes. 

The original Marvel Transformers/GI JOE comics starting from the 80's took place on Earth 616 but after a short while were moved to the later named Earth-91274. In the Transformer's Multiverse, the universe is known as Primax 984.0 Gamma.

The Marvel Godzilla stories are being reprinted by Marvel. Those stories and some of the others stories with lasped licensed characters and elements were still in continuity pre-Secret Wars, even if you couldn't exactly show or mention them, it, those, all on the pages.

The Marvel Godzilla mutated into another beast in the 80's. And another version was made called Leviathan who was created decades later.

I don't have a problem with some of those stories but some things don't match up.

In newz, Ms.Marvel was shown on covers for Avengers Twilight 3. Her gimmick in that possible future universe is growing tall.

The Goblin of Earth 6160 was shown on Ultimate Spider-man 2's cover, I wonder who it is? Harry?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ultimate-spider-man-2-cover-marco-checchetto-green-goblin

11 hours ago, Kang said:

The Marvel universe and the new Dino Universe didn't merge so whatevero. 

Another final future for the Krakoan Age and then it's all over. I'm wondering one more final reset that undoes the Krakoan Age run?

All they have to do to reset reality is kill off Moira, so... yeah. It'll rewind one last time.

4 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

All they have to do to reset reality is kill off Moira, so... yeah. It'll rewind one last time.

No, Moira was stripped of Mutant rebirth power by Mystique and Deztiny via Forge's Neutralizer Gun

James

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

No, Moira was stripped of Mutant rebirth power by Mystique and Deztiny via Forge's Neutralizer Gun

James

Huh, I'll have to go back, I thought the end of XMen: Inferno it was implied she had her powers back, in that if she died that was the last reset. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. 😉

i read the 4 issue "Days of Future Past: Doomsday" issues that came out earlier this year.

i thought it was solid. nothing really groundbreaking, and it kind of falls apart with the fourth issue since the original storyline is so iconic, but i enjoyed it. a good way to kill a half hour or whatever. i do wish i could get my eyes on the Chris Claremont #140.5 "Prelude to Future Past" issue, especially since it was referenced here, but what are you gonna do?

• Like 1