DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/31 - 2/6/2022

Dolfan in NYC

The Heyman segment was solid. Not really into Goldberg/Roman. Hopefully the match is fine. Are there any matches after this that Goldberg actually has interest in? 

Skipped around the Charlotte/Ronda segment. It looked ok I guess. More interested in the title match between Charlotte and Naomi set for next week if I'm being honest. That said, if Ronda and Charlotte tap into the hateful hybrid style they wrestled their first match together in then their Wrestlemania match could be good.

Aliyah/Nattie was ok. I assume Nattie finally beats Aliyah only to go too far and get her ass kicked by Xia Li.

New Day vs. Los Lotharios was good stuff.

Yeah, New Day/ Lotharios was great. I was in and out of the show, but I caught a local ad for the RAW in Denver next week that my buddy and I are taking my nephew and his two pals to. It plugged the two Main Events, RK-Bro and Big E vs Rollins, Owens, and someone, and a four way for the Women's title. Then it said "Tickets on sale now!" And I'm clearly aware they're cheaper than they've been in a long time. We got lower level seats facing the entrance and screens for 20 bucks a seat the day they went on sale.  And then it was nearly double that because of the fees. 

I'm wondering how many people will be there. WWE doesn't come to Denver that often, and they were here the day after SummerSlam. We all were at that show and it drew around 5000. I was thinking that they took that into account in coming back so soon, given how they're drawing lately. But that was a Sunday in the Summer with an early start. The place was full of families and kids. This is a school and work night.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 1:34 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

NXT 2.0 has been lots of fun lately...   Sue me.

It really has. Against all probability, it remains a good show. The freshness of new characters has taken the edge of the fact that 30% of the recent roster is now on AEW tv.

• Like 1

I'll admit, I'm mostly soured on Lesnar and most of what constitutes "part timers" these days, but at least LEsnar admittedly moves the needles and I've said it before, this is one of my favorite versions of Brock(him winning the rumble, not so much).  But Goldberg?  I feel like every time he is trotted out to undercut someone's push, etc, there is a collective groan of disgust from the audience.  If you have to pull him out of mothballs to do 2 moves horribly, he doesn't need to be in the title scene, he doesn't even need to be close to it.  If he had a sell by date, he's well past it (I'm biased though as I'd argue his sell by date was the late 90's, early 2000's).

I'm with you on Fuck Hogan Natural, but I'm also adding Fuck Goldberg too, lol

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1