DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the Japanese openings for X-men were so good. Nice music and great animation that would have been fantastic had it been what we got for the actual series. Its clear they should have farmed that shit to Japan. Both openings have full length songs by the way.

117879332_10157647232608862_865243473906

I bought Batman from Batman: The Animated Series in June of 2016 and put the Joker back. I regretted it as the shop never got the Joker again unlike Batman. I looked on eBay last Thursday finding the Joker. I have no experience on eBay so asked if my best friend who is like a brother to me to bid when the auction closed on Sunday. We lost the first auction but won the second getting it way cheaper than the one we missed out on. The Joker figure arrived today. As you know I love Batman and especially Batman: The Animated Series. Hope you don't mind me sharing this.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 5:57 PM, The Natural said:

Eewl9-pU0AAd6aS?format=jpg&name=small

Batsuits through the years from Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League and Batman of the Future.

Looking at this reminds me of one of the most saddest and powerful Batman moments ever, Batman's last night in the Batman Beyond Batsuit. Wayne is older but wants to carry on as Batman. However Bruce's health fails him and he's got to use the criminals GUN in self defense. Never again.

Edited by The Natural

I adore Batman: The Animated Series. Heart of Ice is a masterpiece. "My God!" and "Good night...humanitarian." That's what I'd show someone as the best of the best followed by the spinoff movie, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Both are two of the best Batman stories ever told.

Edited by The Natural

On 8/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, twiztor said:

since i've been on a cartoon kick lately, i wanted to share this short from 2014. i had largely forgotten that it existed but is quite fun.

Thank you. That was done to mark 75 Years of Batman in 2014. Here's the other by the late, great Darwyn Cooke:

To this day, Batman of the Future is a favourite of mine. Batman of the Future success led to the brilliant Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker movie with the uncut version featuring the chilling Our Family Memories flashback to the last confrontation between Bruce's Batman and the Joker. Batman Beyond comic books, Terry McGinnis getting added to the mainstream DC Universe comics, video game appearances and a clamour for a live action Batman Beyond. Europe it's known as Batman of the Future.

Edited by The Natural