DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I'm loving the banter between Crow, Saladin, Osiris, & Holiday. The shit tlakign they give Saladin is wonderful. I'm also digging how the general theme of this year so far is about reminding us that the races we have been at war for years with are actually people and not just monsters (Cabal) or annoyances (Fallen/Eliksni). 

Just now, Eivion said:

I'm loving the banter between Crow, Saladin, Osiris, & Holiday. The shit tlakign they give Saladin is wonderful. I'm also digging how the general theme of this year so far is about reminding us that the races we have been at war for years with are actually people and not just monsters (Cabal) or annoyances (Fallen/Eliksni). 

Yeah - I was just gonna say that and I love that they are frequently using Amanda as that centering point

Like I got something today talking about where the Cabal must be keeping all their kids and women

• Like 1

Bungie announced its growth plans - what you would expect from a growing company (expanded HQ, new office in Amsterdam, new folks on the board, etc..)

Only reason I mention it is because of some slight organizational changes

To expand the Destiny IP and bring new stories and experiences to their highly engaged community, Bungie appointed Mark Noseworthy (Vice President, Destiny Universe) and Luke Smith (Executive Creative Director, Destiny Universe) to oversee and prepare for the expansion of the Destiny Universe into additional media. Justin Truman (General Manager, Destiny 2) takes over the successful development leadership of Destiny 2.

So basically all the folks who wanted Luke Smith off of input into D2 the game are getting their wish

(Bungie also said they plan on launching a new IP by 2025 but that is a different story)

I remember the new IP talk from a while ago. I thought it was supposed to be by 2023. Did I misremember that or did it get pushed back?

Can't lie, I'm kind of one of though folks who wanted Smith gone or at least someone else by him to counteract his occasional bad ideas. Will be interesting to see how Aztec reacts. He likes Smith, but I know he was annoyed with some of the direction Smith was clearly taking the game.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Can't lie, I'm kind of one of though folks who wanted Smith gone or at least someone else by him to counteract his occasional bad ideas. Will be interesting to see how Aztec reacts. He likes Smith, but I know he was annoyed with some of the direction Smith was clearly taking the game.

Already out

It is basically 10 minutes of him reading the release and the rest of the time obsessing over the idea over that Destiny should be a TV show

• Like 1

A Destiny TV show or movie is a horrible idea.  It will showcase some other Guardians who are capable of actually making headway in the events of the lore world and that should be the players' collective role.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

A Destiny TV show or movie is a horrible idea.  It will showcase some other Guardians who are capable of actually making headway in the events of the lore world and that should be the players' collective role.

Could always be about past events before the games, maybe even stories about specific characters.

I did not but I wasn't really grinding for it either - I just was running it for the Cabal Strike Boss kills

I just need to grind for XP tonight to finish up the Week 2 bounties (I am trying to not leave any lingering from week to week)

Then I need to really start looking into some LFGs to clear out some of this stuff I have. Like for some reason I can't complete the Heroic Exo Challenge on my own. Stupid squishy Titan

Yeah the heroic version of the exo challenge was damn annoying.

I only have the Showdown bounty left for Week 2. I do not like Showdown, no sir, I do not. Probably doesn't help that I'm trying to complete the quest for Tivicuu's catalyst as well.

Fortunately I only needed a couple of kills for the catalyst when I first started doing Showdowns so after the first match I switched to my normal weapon combos.

At least Showdown matches are quicker than Survival matches. I also got lucky in that I won far more than I lost so I think I only had to do 6 total.

Finally did the Presage mission. Found a random who saw my message at Fireteams on reddit. We two-manned the mission. It is long though the area is pretty damn neat. I also like the final boss encounter and the mechanics it uses. I can see it being something a person running it solo though its pretty damn hard with everything being clearly above your power level. There is at least one encounter which really isn't designed to be soloed. Its just much easier and more sensible to run with a team.

Was that your first time trying?

Only reason I ask is because I feel like it will be "quicker" for me now that I actually know where and how to do things

Also - it appears there are things that unlock after your first clear (like collectibles tied to lore, plus an eventual Heroic mode is coming)

It was my first time. It will definitely go quicker the next time around. Not sure about doing any sort of heroic version. The enemies are already scaled too damn high for the regular. Honestly, I kind of wonder if Bungie fucked up and had people doing the heroic on accident. 

Patch Notes

Spoiler

ACTIVITIES 
BATTLEGROUNDS: 
Fixed an issue where Umbral Engrams could spawn under the ground when the engram inventory is full. 
Fixed an issue where generators could not be destroyed when fireteam members or combatants were within close proximity. 
Fixed an issue where players were respawning in the Land Tank after disconnects and becoming trapped. 

STRIKES: 
Fixed an issue where players could not access Fallen S.A.B.E.R. in the Strikes Playlist or Direct Launch Node. 

UI 
Fixed formatting of Seasonal Rank strings where text was overlapping. 
Fixed and issue where players could temporarily soft-lock the game and exit vender performances in the H.E.L.M. 
Changed XP reward icon on the Quest Details screen to match XP icon used throughout the rest of the game. 

GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT 
EVERVERSE 
Fixed an issue where Lucent Night ornaments disappeared from the armor’s universal ornament section after unequipping. 
Icon for Anarchy’s Uniocracy ornament now more accurately reflects the ornament's actual appearance. 
Fixed an issue where the Thalia's Reach ornament for Liar's Handshake disappeared when unequipping it. 
Fixed an issue where The Fourteenth Anamnesis ornament showed that it could be applied to Khepri's Sting instead of the Helm of Saint-14. 
Fixed an issue where Mantle of Remembrance ornament indicated it was for Aeon Swift instead of Shinobu's Vow. 
Fixed an issue where the Caduceus Warlock ornament showed that it could be applied to Aeon Soul instead of Ophidian Aspect. 
Fixed an issue where the Bump and Run sparrow was missing like... most of it.  
Fixed an issue where players were receiving more Bright Engrams than intended after reaching Season Pass rank 100. 
Fixed an issue where Core Ritual (Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard) Weekly Bounty Challenge would sometimes not reward Bright Dust. 
Any players affected by this will receive all missing Bright Dust in the future. An in-game message will confirm when your Bright Dust has been delivered

COLLECTIONS 
Fixed an issue where the War Weary shader was not appearing in Collections. 
Fixed an where the Salvagers Salvo Seasonal Grenade Launcher could not be reclaimed from Collections. 
Fixed an issue where the Contender's Banner and The Next Chapter emblems were displaying the same art. 
Fixed an issue where players could retrieve the Season of the Chosen ritual emblems from Collections without completing the steps to earn them. 

MODS 
Fixed an issue where some mods were removed if their artifact version was equipped during the Season change.  

FRAGMENTS 
Fixed an issue where Whisper of Chains was not properly granting damage reduction when near frozen enemies. 

BOUNTIES, PURSUITS, CHALLENGES 
Fixed an issue where players could continue to earn additional Hawkmoons if they didn’t pick up the quest and join others. 
Fixed an issue where a Proving Rune’s description from the War Table is different than the actual Rune you get. 
Reduced the number of wins required for the Legendary Glory Triumph from 50 to 5 to be aligned with the same requirement from Season of the Hunt.  
Fixed an issue where some Weekly Challenge engrams were dropping at a higher Power than intended. 
Fixed an issue where players were unable to reset their Valor after 4 resets.  
Fixed an issue where players were unable to reset their Infamy after 1 reset. 
Fixed an issue where players were incorrectly earning Powerful rewards after 3 Valor resets. 

GENERAL  
Fixed an issue where audio was out of sync with the Season of the Chosen opening cinematic. 
Fixed an issue where several vendor tooltips were incorrect. 
Fixed a Season of the Chosen purchase information screen which had an incorrect translation in Brazilian Portuguese. 

46 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I had no idea there was a patch today. I only just realized my machine was downloading it after seeing you post the notes.

There was supposed to be a Hotfix last week that got postponed at the last minute for... reasons... that I never saw fully explained.

So everything got rolled to today.

Of course as of my last check they had extended maintenance for a hour

• Like 1

The Master version of Presage did drop yesterday and with it comes the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale

Basically go to Zavalla to get the quest and then you have to complete the Master version of Presage. (There is a timer on the Master version)

Apparently the Master version is somewhat bugged since it claims there are Champions in it but when Fallout ran it none appeared.

Oh and pretty much Esoterrick is gonna be the only dude who is gonna solo clear Master

Hoo Boy

The Witch Queen has been delayed to "early 2022"

Lots of reasons cited - the size of the expansion and the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to make things take longer to get done.

And The Witch Queen being delayed also means that Lightfall will be delayed

Bungie also said they realized that they need an "additional unannounced chapter" AFTER Lightfall to completely wrap up the story

(obviously nothing yet on how they are gonna fill the gap now)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50124

Also in that announcement is them basically saying they are getting rid of sunsetting (They are going to come up with some sort of "better" plan) and that they are lowering the Power Cap increase each season

Just saw a video from Houndish on that. Witch Queen and Lightfall getting pushed back so much is surprising. 

I don't think sunsetting was terrible idea, but their execution of it was poor. I'd be happier with it dying it they went back unsunset my damn curated god roll of Gnawing Hunger. I'm guessing this news will make Aztec happy. I know he already has a state of vid up so I will check that out later today.

It is nice to hear Ikora & Ada-1 will be doing shit next season. Also happy to finally see new stasis weapon coming.

Can't help but wonder how many of the changes happening are because of Smith being moved into another position.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Can't help but wonder how many of the changes happening are because of Smith being moved into another position.

It really is hard to not see some correlation between the two moves - especially with them also saying they need basically a third expansion to finish the story off.

Like Luke was stubbornly being all "We can get this done!"

That being said - they way it the update was written, Witch Queen sounds massive

Yeah I figured Witch Queen would just be Beyond Light size, but it sounds like it will be closer to Forsaken when all is said an done. Considering that its almost certainly the conclusion to the story of Savathun along with the release of the next Darkness subclass it does make more sense for it to be massive.