DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

They weren't kidding about the old catalyst stuff dropping from random things now

Besides the opening quest (which one of these seasons I will remember I am being thrown into something) - the only thing I did was one crucible match and I got the Skyburner's Oath catalyst

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I got Izanagi's from one strike.

I hate you guys.  In order to get the catalyst for the Burden back in the day, you had to complete a Heroic Menagerie. 

It took me weeks to find a party in LFG and my fireteam actually managed to flawless the boss.  My Relentless Strikes / Assassin's Blade roll on the Goldtusk was pure bonus.  

A reward for my patience if you will.

Now they're just giving this shit away.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I hate you guys.  In order to get the catalyst for the Burden back in the day, you had to complete a Heroic Menagerie. 

It took me weeks to find a party in LFG and my fireteam actually managed to flawless the boss.  My Relentless Strikes / Assassin's Blade roll on the Goldtusk was pure bonus.  

A reward for my patience if you will.

Now they're just giving this shit away.

Never did Heroic Menagerie. I wanted Goldtusk, but I didn't really bother checking out LFG regularly until it kind of became moot with all the other swords out there. If it makes you feel any better the chances of me actually using Izanagi are pretty damn low. I haven't been big on sniping in D2. I've used Izanagi for a season or two, but tend to focus on legendaries now when I need a bounty done.

The only catalyst I want still isn't available because Bungie are stingy bastards who want to roll everything out super slow. I want my damn Malfeasance catalyst already. It was datamined over a year ago.

The thing that might make JT more angry is that we can just buy Outbreak Perfected & Whisper. It cost a shit ton of glimmer, 20 cores, 2-3 ascendant shards but yeah. I'm kind of still surprised they changed their mind since before they talked about making them available via new quests. I picked up Outbreak Perfected last night. I can see why that thing is used so damn much. It must be a beast with the catalyst (which isn't available).

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The thing that might make JT more angry is that we can just buy Outbreak Perfected & Whisper. It cost a shit ton of glimmer, 20 cores, 2-3 ascendant shards but yeah. I'm kind of still surprised they changed their mind since before they talked about making them available via new quests. I picked up Outbreak Perfected last night. I can see why that thing is used so damn much. It must be a beast with the catalyst (which isn't available).

Actually that news makes me happy.  It levels the playing field for casuals that don't want to go through the grief of those timed encounters.

I wish I'd had that option when I was still playing.

• Like 1

Yeah - its weird that they changed their mind since they weren't available that way originally at the start of Beyond Light (the only thing I bought is Mountaintop just so I could say I had it)

Oh well - I got a billion resources so I should be able to buy Whisper the next time I log in

I didn't feel bad grabbing it since I actually attempted to get it previously - including soloing my way to the final room.

Heck - I did more to get Whisper (and failed) then I did on the one successful run I was in to get Outbreak

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I tried a few times for Whisper but failed miserably every time. Never tried for Outbreak. Kind of wish I did.

Only reason I have it is because during that period when the missions were glitched so the enemies were taking WAY too much damage - JT grabbed a friend who basically soloed the whole mission while JT and I got lost trying to avoid Trevor.

Legit - I have Outbreak and never even saw the final boss

• Like 1

Couple of things from the TWIB

- Devil's Lair and Fallen SABER are bugged in that you can't launch them from the EDZ map and they aren't appearing in the strike playlist. You can at least do Devil's Lair since it is the Ordeal this week.

- The Cosmodrome won't be expanding any further (in regards what you can just explore on your own.) Some folks thought it would expand with the inclusion of the strikes but Bungie has said no

- Eyes of Tomorrow is currently bugged - in a not doing the proper amount of damage (less than it supposed to) way

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Only reason I have it is because during that period when the missions were glitched so the enemies were taking WAY too much damage - JT grabbed a friend who basically soloed the whole mission while JT and I got lost trying to avoid Trevor.

Legit - I have Outbreak and never even saw the final boss

We tried to keep up the best we could, but Bird has a knack for running off and leaving me in the wind.  At least we got our Outbreaks.

Mine went straight into my Vault.  I never used it after I got it.

My run at the Whisper was similar.  I got into a team with two guys who were helping people for free and I died a million times on the way down.  I think I got there just in time to fire a few shots at the boss, so I can say with honesty that I did do some damage during the encounter and wasn't totally carried.

The crappy thing about being able to pay for those catalysts with materials is that you should still have to go through all of that special bullshit to level them up.   IIRC  the catalyst for Whisper should still require runs to unlock chests in the zone where the encounter is located, and you should still need to make Heroic runs of the Outbreak run to level up the catalyst.

Unless things have changed, I don't think you'll be able to level up those catalysts by simply firing shots in anger.  If only it were that easy.

Edited by J.T.

Well I will say they still haven't released the catalysts out in the wild yet though they said they are working on some sort of solution

Oh and I got my Izanagi catalyst last night

I got Skyburner's Oath's last night. Why do they refuse to give me a catalyst for shit I actually use?

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Devil's Lair and Fallen SABER are bugged in that you can't launch them from the EDZ map and they aren't appearing in the strike playlist. You can at least do Devil's Lair since it is the Ordeal this week.

Missed this. Devil's Lair is a nice Nightfall. its one of the few you can actually hit 100K with ease on Heroic. 

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Missed this. Devil's Lair is a nice Nightfall. its one of the few you can actually hit 100K with ease on Heroic. 

Datto spent what felt like 5 minutes in his first impression video on how good it was to have Devil's Lair back - partly because of just how many freaking enemies are in it.

I was just giddy that they left the shipping crate on the left in so you can just duck in and out during the final battle.

New exotic quest

You start it by getting a datapad in the Arms Dealer strike (a new room opens up in the very first room before you scan with your ghost)

Then a mission you launch from the EDZ shows up. (So like Sleeper). Good thing is it has no timer 

Every video I started watching stresses that they HIGHLY recommend doing the mission (or at least attempting it) without knowing anything further so I stopped watching all said videos

EDIT - Tangled Shore - no clue why I wrote EDZ there. Probably had Arms Dealer on the brain

Yeah I have no idea why some suggest soloing these things when they blatantly use their regular teams for them. These things are not meant to be run soloed. They can be, but I'm pretty sure most of it was designed with the idea of you taking in a fireteam.

Edited by Eivion

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah I have no idea why some suggest soloing these things when they blatantly use their regular teams for them. These things are not meant to be run soloed. They can be, but I'm pretty sure most of it was designed with the idea of you taking in a fireteam.

It doesn't help that despite it being recommended at 1230 - enemies are clearly scaling to be at least 20 LL above you (if not more)

I love Datto but his videos on these types of things are infuriating.

"There is some combat. Just kill everything. Move on"

Motherfucker - it took me a hour to clear the "survive" room

Side note - I used Fallout's video as I was going to cross reference for the couple of times I got stuck and that made me feel better since he and his buddy were making the same exact mistakes I was and getting mauled too. Only real advantage for them was obviously the ability to revive each other.

• Like 1