DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

29 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I saw a vid of her "death." It didn't remotely come across as something that was going to stick.

Nothing stuck, especially not for Uldren who was blown out of the sky during the Battle of Saturn and then subsequently shot in the head by our Guardian.

Edited by J.T.

The ones I am definitely counting

• Cayde-6
  • Sagira
  • Sundance
  • A Brother Vance
  • The Reef Cryptarch (whose name I am spacing on) - his death got me Thunderlord

I am not counting Sloane or Asher Mir because they are easy enough to have still alive when they reintroduce those planets. (Heck - the last we know of Asher, he finally found his lake)

It feels fairly obvious that they are gonna knock quite a few folks off between now and the end of the story. (I feel like Eris is high on the list of folks who are gonna bite it - either as the cliff hanger going into Witch Queen or at the end of Witch Queen)

Oh and Osiris already being without a ghost makes him a prime candidate too

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It feels fairly obvious that they are gonna knock quite a few folks off between now and the end of the story. (I feel like Eris is high on the list of folks who are gonna bite it - either as the cliff hanger going into Witch Queen or at the end of Witch Queen)

Oh and Osiris already being without a ghost makes him a prime candidate too

I feel that Eris's death would add some weight to Savathun's quest line but like I said before, Bungie rarely engages in gravitas.  This is the most character purge I've seen since the game started.

I feel that Osiris's command of Vex temporal technology will somehow grant him a Get Out Of Death Free card.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I men the next DLC/season is going to be the first time Torres has done any new lines in over a year isn't it?

Whatever season it was that we built the Vex portal deal

• Like 1

So Bungie decided to be assholes and made one of the seasonal challenges be completing a Grandmaster Nightfall. I play regularly and am still at a power level of 3019. By the end of this week if I'm lucky I will reach 3021. Going to be pissed if I get screwed out of the big seasonal challenge reward by 1 because of that bs.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So Bungie decided to be assholes and made one of the seasonal challenges be completing a Grandmaster Nightfall. I play regularly and am still at a power level of 3019. By the end of this week if I'm lucky I will reach 3021. Going to be pissed if I get screwed out of the big seasonal challenge reward by 1 because of that bs.

Grandmaster Nightfalls are bullshit.  Beating them is more about gaming the game mechanics than it is about teamwork or tactics or load-out.

They should just fucking get rid of them, but Bungie is committed to making the grind as awful as possible.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Grandmaster Nightfalls are bullshit.  Beating them is more about gaming the game mechanics than it is about teamwork or tactics or load-out.

They should just fucking get rid of them, but Bungie is committed to making the grind as awful as possible.

I don't hate their existence. The highest level/most dedicated players deserve something for a challenge. I just think its bs to lock something that is supposed to be open to even average player behind it. Like Adept weapons being there, that is fine. A seasonal challenge that you don't even reveal running a Grandmaster Nightfall will be necessary to complete until 6 weeks into the season is total bullshit.

Did another Presage clear and did all the 2nd week scannables

Just need one more to finish that challenge

I am happy that I only died a couple of times to enemies

The platforming can eat a dick

• Like 1

Ended up helping out someone on reddit with his presage run which in turn let me hit my weekly Presage run for a pinnacle. Sitting at 1322 power wise due tp that. It was nice being the one to kind of carry a team through a mission though I think the guy did better than he gave himself credit for.

So hell froze over, and I did my first Trials with a random and his buddy. Damn, did that run really shoe me how average/mediocre I am at PvP. We were all just doing a bounty for the weekly weapon in Igneous Hammer, but we didn't win one full match until the very end. Trials definitely isn't something for me, but I didn't like working with the two I teamed with. Their banter on the mic was fun, and they did far better than they realize as far as I'm concerned.

Still after playing a session of Trials I can totally see why Bungie is having trouble making that succeed. You can do solid or even good in regular PvP and Iron Banner only to get slaughtered so thoroughly in Trials. Trials having such nice weapons though made it kind of impossible for people to ignore. I mean they even brought back a pinnacle weapon perk as a possibility on one of the current weapons. With shit like that happening its easy to see why some cheat or commit suicide runs just to finish a bounty for a weapon.

Yeah - Fallout had a video over the weekend encouraging everyone to play Trials just because of getting Igneous Hammer was so "easy"

It wasn't enough incentive for me to deal with the nonsense

So with today's mission it looks like the story for the season is over outside of whatever end bit they might offer at right before the next season. I enjoyed it though it definitely will piss off some (JT).

Spoiler

Of course they have Zavala accept Crowd albeit somewhat begrudgingly. Apparently Ikora was aware of who he was which I thought as much since there Vanguard reports the last year or so hinting at them knowing. I thought it was maybe both, but apparently it was just Ikora.