DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

At least you have probably finished this week’s challenge since presage clears = captain’s logs (you just have to look at the lore pages). It is 3 clears total (well 3 after your initial clear)

Watching enough runs of it on YT has showed me which enemies can be skipped so I am hoping that will speed things up.

Nope, I had to stop just before that post as I was getting too pissed off after getting one shot out of nowhere before nearly finishing off the boss. That would have been my third clear. It will happen this week though I may just say fuck it and find a team on reddit.

I still have only done it once so I need to at least do one clear this week to do my first round of scans.

I will admit that I am a little lucky in that - since I am a Titan - I am running Solar with a good rolled Hallowfire Heart so anything with a solar shield (and groups) go down way easier than the first time I tried it.

I just need to remember to run bottom tree next time instead of top tree

Well that was frustrating.

Decided to do a Presage run - got the first 4 scannables and got to the boss.... and then my game locked up.

Grr....

• Sad 1

I am finding that nothing in the run up to the final battle is too hard beyond my own stupidity.

I must have died a half dozen times just because I bashed my head on something.

But boy is the world on fire during the boss battle between both of us throwing solar damage all over the place

I hate this game

Went to do the Presage again.

Get to the final boss. I notice that there is no music playing so I am a little worried that servers are having a moment.

Get into the last phase - boss has maybe a quarter of health left and then he just fucking vanishes.

Ran around the bottom trying to find him and he is gone and no enemies are above. Drop back down still looking for him and he fucking materializes behind me. Smashes me into the wall and I die.

So yeah... I am taking a break from Destiny

• Sad 1

Have to say as much as I agree with Datto about the issues with Stasis in PvP I do find it funny that he made a video about his love of all the nerfs while in background showing himself as a solar Titan running around one-shotting people with multiple grenades that would come back super fast. Oh yes Stasis is totally the only thing broken in PvP, yep nothing else there.

Thank Fucking Christ

Got another Presage clear so I finished the first round of scans

Almost two more rage quit moments - one was my own fault.

Was fighting the boss and hit the final part - went to flush the coolant and just spaced it and went to the middle one 2nd - burnt to death.

Gave it another go and barely completed as the boss died to my burning after I was already dead.

I like the mission but also find it frustrating. I suggest goign t LFG or reddit Fireteams if you want to get the Catalyst. You need a team for the Master version. I actually just masterwork Dead Man's Tale last night. It really is the scout rifle version of Last Word. I kind of love it which is amusing since I actually am not fond of Last Word.

Oh yeah - there is no chance I try Master without a team.

I kinda wanna try flawless on the regular version but the platforming fucks me every time

I giggle thinking about JT having to do the mission with how much he hates Destiny platforming (though to be fair the boarding part SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS as a Titan)

I loath platforming. I've just had to learn to live with it. I also discovered when testing out Mask of Bakris that I am way the fuck too used to using the Stomp-EE5 now. I died a few times platforming on the second Nessus Battleground because I was jumping around like I was still wearing the damn things. Felt so damn stupid when that happened.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - there is no chance I try Master without a team.

I kinda wanna try flawless on the regular version but the platforming fucks me every time

I giggle thinking about JT having to do the mission with how much he hates Destiny platforming (though to be fair the boarding part SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS as a Titan)

Thanks for confirming that these assholes did not improve Hunter jumping like they said they would.

What really fucking sucks is how many jumps in this mission are the type you can fuck up because you can smash your head into something.

It is one thing if my dumb ass overshoots a ledge

But to knock me down because a random plant vine was in a spot I couldn't see is infuriating

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Thanks for confirming that these assholes did not improve Hunter jumping like they said they would.

There really is no good reason for the mobility and jumping from the Stomp-EE5 to not be the norm for the Hunters. It would be the only way to make them even with Titans and Warlocks who have the ability to fucking fly/float.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

There really is no good reason for the mobility and jumping from the Stomp-EE5 to not be the norm for the Hunters. It would be the only way to make them even with Titans and Warlocks who have the ability to fucking fly/float.

In D1, everyone could cover the same distance more or less with jumps / boosts / gliding and items like Bones of Eao improved jumping ability.

Now. Hunters need gear like Stomp-EE5 to cover the distances that Titans and Warlocks can cover naturally and to add insult to injury, the number of platforming puzzles in raids and the like seems to be increasing.

It is a load of horseshit.

• Thanks 1

So I found a guy who has been doing Presage carries the last 5 hours or so on reddit. Just two-manning the mission with him made it the mostly stupidly fast run I have had so far. I seriously think it was under 10 minutes. The middle room went by so fast it was almost sad considering the trouble it has given me and others before.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BYF doing an entire video about whether Tweets are canon or not tickled me way more than it should have

I stopped caring about Destiny's game lore after Mara Sov came back from the dead.  Destiny's canon is seriously lacking in gravitas.  

The plot of this game feels more like a daytime soap with characters constantly entering and exiting the stage and only one (RIP Cayde-6) has permanently died.

Technically - three (if you count ghosts).. of course both were more of the minor variety

But yeah - the whole "big bad tweets from the Destiny account" that happened last week would have driven you insane

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Technically - three (if you count ghosts).. of course both were more of the minor variety

Yeah, both Sundance and Sagira would count.  Ghosts are more than just floating orb comedy relief.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But yeah - the whole "big bad tweets from the Destiny account" that happened last week would have driven you insane

There isn't much about this game that doesn't instantly infuriate me.

Aw.  I never liked Brother Vance, but I didn't want him to die.

Vance wasn't the only Osirian cultist at the Lighthouse, so the death toll is much higher than one if you're saying that Mercury was nuked at the beginning of Beyond Light.

I'm guessing that Sloane and Asher Mir are also dead.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I stopped caring about Destiny's game lore after Mara Sov came back from the dead.  Destiny's canon is seriously lacking in gravitas.  

I saw a vid of her "death." It didn't remotely come across as something that was going to stick.