DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I had to look it up and since it came with Taken King - I played it

I missed anything that came with Rise of Iron

I also tapped out of D1 around the time RoI was about to drop.

Edited by J.T.

I know you played D1 longer than I did because we used to joke you were the last man standing.

I wanna say you actually played the Rise of Iron story but punted soon after.

I had no idea what happened and actually had to watch videos in the lead up to D2

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Shadow Price was my one of favorite D1 weapon behind Vision of Confluence and Lord High Fixer.

I was a terror in the Crucible with that auto.  Good times.

Well, the current meta is 120 handcannons though autos like Gnawing Hunger & Summoner are still pretty dangerous & viable.

I saw you mention Scout Rifles as meta. I fear that. The exotics are already dangerous enough as it is. I have been using the new lever action rifle, Dead Man's Tale to great effect. Don't have the catalyst for it yet, but Aztec talked about it basically becoming the scout version of Last Word when its masterworked.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I legit can't remember if I was playing when Fallen SABER came out in D1

Like it vaguely feels familiar but it also doesn't

Fallen SABER is new to me. I didn't get D1 in full until late and still didn't have PS Plus to run everything until I ended up with D2. I don't hate the strike other than the arc security system part.

Its funny both of you mention not doing Rise of Iron since I know Aztec and I think Datto spoke pretty well of it. The only reason I know anything about it is because the Rasputin focused story for when the Almighty was being dropped on Earth.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I saw you mention Scout Rifles as meta.

Back in the good ol' days of D1, Vision of Confluence was always a very dangerous weapon in PvE or PvP, but most non-raid legendary scouts in D1 could not match pulse rifles or autos at medium range in the Crucible.  I tended to use Shadow Price or Hawksaw in PvP after they "fixed" The Last Word.

Scouts turned a corner when Taken King came out.  MIDA was D1 Trials meta for a long time and I was pretty lethal when I ran Boolean Gemini on my Nightstalker (SHADESTEP FTW~!).  Sadly, the BG was garbage after the Aggressive Ballistics nerf killed its ability to three-tap.

I didn't have the patience or the free time to suffer through all of the bullshit necessary to finish the Touch of Malice quest.

RoI introduced two of the best legendary scouts in the game and two of the best overall weapons in general.  The Wounded single handedly converted me from a Dead Orbit sympathizer into a Future War Cult zealot and the IB scout rifle, Distant Star, was a monster.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Tried the Presage again

Game glitched and made the trash compactor a darkness zone and the screebs kept respawing so I had to quit

Will try again later

Beat Presage

I don't wanna say it was way easier but knowing what I was doing and being a higher level helped.

Cleared the survive part in one try and only died a couple of times to the boss

On 3/5/2021 at 4:47 PM, RIPPA said:

I know you played D1 longer than I did because we used to joke you were the last man standing.

I wanna say you actually played the Rise of Iron story but punted soon after.

Yeah, I tapped out shortly after RoI.  I made it through the main story but (SURPRISE~!) never found anyone to drag me through the raid.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh man - Amanda and Crow are gonna get it on.

What kind of Karma Houdini horseshit is this?

I WILL NOT FORGIVE~!

I cannot believe they are pulling this amnesia = absolution crap.

Fuck this game.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - Amanda doesn’t know who Crow is yet so her lady boner is gonna go away real quick when that happens 

So she blows his head off with The Chaperone and his Ghost will bring him back.

And then he will be all emo WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THAT~? and she will tell him, but it will be okay since he doesn't remember and that makes it all okay because it means he's not the same person.

The writers of this garbage can eat an entire bag of monkey dicks.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

I mean you complain, but aren't there only maybe a handful or so of Guardians who are actually the same person they were before they became guardians? 

He's not just anybody.  It's Uldren fucking Sov.  The man murdered Cayde-6 and now we're supposed to let that slide because now he's a Light wielder and he doesn't remember what he did.

Total bullshit.

Today I am going to rob a bank and then slam my car into a tree.  When the cops come to arrest me, I will argue that I should not go to jail and should be allowed to keep the money I allegedly stole because I don't remember how I got the cash.  If I can't recall the crime, then I must be innocent of the crime.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Hehehehe - I told you.

Granted they already basically ran the angle with The Guardian which side note, I was a little disappointed with kinda how it just went "Osiris trusts him so move along". (Though there is supposedly either unused or will turn up later, audio where Zavala finds out what is going and is... less than pleased)

Oh well.

You should look up the various audio were Saladin is fighting with everyone over military tactics. Or the one where Osiris basically calls Saladin a coward

Osiris trusts The Crow but barely anyone trusts Osiris.  That should tell you something.

The betting odds on Osiris vs. Saladin are pick 'em.

Edited by J.T.

Well with Sagira dead - Osiris has kinda moved into a "Fuck around and find out" mood

God - and I haven't even talked to you yet about how Eris and Drifter are gonna get it on

I don't know about Eris and Drifter. That was more oddball friends than anything else. besides its obvious Zavala is the one who wants Eris so badly.

Finally beat the Master version of Presage. A random from reddit and his buddy joined me. It was so good running with people who clearly knew what they were doing. Managed to get to the boss room with at least 10 minutes left and we beat went through the boss at a good pace as well. Also learned one new thing with there actually being a switch that lets your teammates through on the second to last scorn mist. Really wish I knew about that before as it would have saved a lot time when I tried the master version the first time.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well with Sagira dead - Osiris has kinda moved into a "Fuck around and find out" mood

God - and I haven't even talked to you yet about how Eris and Drifter are gonna get it on

Given Osiris's command of Vex technology, I am not even sure if he needs a Ghost anymore.  He probably has so many temporal clones that he is virtually immortal.

Mother fucker is a walking TARDIS.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Finally beat the Master version of Presage. A random from reddit and his buddy joined me. It was so good running with people who clearly knew what they were doing. Managed to get to the boss room with at least 10 minutes left and we beat went through the boss at a good pace as well. Also learned one new thing with there actually being a switch that lets your teammates through on the second to last scorn mist. Really wish I knew about that before as it would have saved a lot time when I tried the master version the first time.

Congrats

Only reason I knew about the switch is because Mano mentions it in his Presage walkthrough.

I really liked Mano's Flawless Master Presage video as it isn't a clean run and he ends up clearing it with 2 seconds left. Basically with 10 seconds left you think he is boned. At 8 seconds he gets his super. Fires his Nova Bomb at 5 seconds and the game registers the clear just in time.

• Like 1

Automatic cut scene when you first load in today.

I was confused because I had seen it before.

I realized that I had watched it on Youtube. I didn't realize it had been leaked.

It references something I brought up earlier

Yeah I try to be careful with the youtube scenes since there are occasional leaks. I saw the scene when I logged in and just finished the weekly quest. I liek how the story is playing out so far

Spoiler

So yeah Zavala & Ikora pretty much have know Uldren has turned Guardian by now though neither is remotely able to admit it because its pisses them off as much as it does JT.

I am curious how things ends this season. I like the relationship that has been building between Saladin & Osiris. Both have thought themselves above the city as thinkers/warriors and as result they do kind of blame themselves for the city's state. At the same time they still push most of it on Zavala for not going out of his way to destroy all their enemies. They have made me feel sorry for Zavala. The poor bastard has been trying to keep this shit together for years and keeps taking crap from everyone because he has to be the adult who keeps all of their asses alive.

The more I do the Presage the more I find myself disliking it. The regular version is stupidly overpowered with the enemies always being set up to be higher levels than you and a boss that can easily one shot you. You can solo, but its obvious they don't actually want you to do it that way. Meanwhile the triumph and lore stuff are setup in an asinine time gate that forces you to come there literally every week if you actually want to complete it. Its frustrating because there is so much good mixed in with a lot of dumbass that there just isn't a good reason to have. Like I have no idea why they ever bothered making the datapads add to the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale for instance. They only add 10-12% and you can only use one once a week.