DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I can honestly say that I might not have quit entirely if Trials had stayed in the shitter.

The sunsetting of my hard earned Moutaintop would've sent me over the edge, though.

Edited by J.T.

Just tried the master version of Presage with a team of randos form reddit. That thing is so damn annoying with the bs time limit. Supposedly we were supposed to have champions, but its bugged with none. Oddly enough I think champions would actually make it easier since you could just stun them with mods. Even with a fireteam of three we couldn't beat it. Its the middle room that will give you the most trouble. The two boss Abominations just have way the fuck too much life to bypass with any ease. Will have to wait until next weak to raise my Power Level and masterwork that damn bow, I suspect it would make things far easier.

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

I can honestly say that I might not have quit entirely if Trials had stayed in the shitter.

The sunsetting of my hard earned Moutaintop would've sent me over the edge, though.

Honestly - we are about one or two seasons away from this being a completely foreign game to you from the one you left.

I mean it most assuredly will be once Witch Queen drops since that will be two year updates since you last played.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Supposedly we were supposed to have champions, but its bugged with none.

I just happened to be reading the TWIB and they address this

It is either bugged or someone goofed on the text.

From the known issues: "There are no Champions in the Master Presage mission because Scorn Champions don’t exist."

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just happened to be reading the TWIB and they address this

It is either bugged or someone goofed on the text.

From the known issues: "There are no Champions in the Master Presage mission because Scorn Champions don’t exist."

Its sad, but I'd rather had champions because those Abominations are utterly ridiculous on Master. Just so much damn time spent getting their health down.

I actually did go back and solo the regular Presage so I could get this week's scannables in. Its definitely easier to do when you have an idea of where the hell you are going. Still feels like a mission designed to be run with a team though it is at least accessible to solo players on regular difficulty. Dug the dialogue between Caiatl and Osiris. You get a nice sense of Caiatl's personally. She isn't her father though she does have more of him in her than she realizes/admits. Really curious to see how this season ends for her. Feels like it has to either be with her death or us forcing her into a sensible alliance instead of the Vanguard becoming part of the Cabal Empire.

Edited by Eivion

I still need to do my first clear of the Presage just to be able to unlock the scans so that challenge is gonna have to wait.

I have a little bit of time tonight where I am gonna try and get the IB Pule Rifle kills I need and do Gambit to get the Taken kills there

I would try to get some of it done tomorrow morning but they are doing maintenance again

Patch Notes

Spoiler

ACTIVITIES 

Battlegrounds 
Fixed an issue where beneficial modifiers were not functioning in Battlegrounds activities. 
Fixed an issue where some Colossus combatants would become lost on the battlefield. 
Fixed an issue where some combatant names were mistranslated in Korean. 

Presage 
Fixed an issue where players would be respawned in unfavorable areas leading to numerous deaths. 
Fixed an issue where players could launch their first Presage activity without it's associated quest.
When players attempt to launch the mission without the quest, there will not be error text explaining why. We plan to fix this issue in a future update.
Additionally, players may still launch their first Master activity without the Catalyst quest. We plan to fix this issue in a future update.

GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT 

Abilities 
Penumbral Blast detonation damage increased to 80 base damage, reverting previous changes. 

Armor 
Fixed an issue where players who didn’t own the Mindvault ornament would see it in the ornament bucket of the Insurmountable Skullfort, citing "Requires Mod Item" error ribbons. 

Weapons 
Fixed an issue where No Time to Explain's ornament couldn’t be selected or equipped on alternate platforms. 

Bounties and Pursuits 
Renamed the Cosmodrome Battlegrounds Activity to “Battlegrounds: Foothold” 
Updated the War Table Weekly Challenge name to “Honor and Glory” 
Fixed an issue where Presage was not granting Pinnacle rewards. 
Fixed an issue where players could not reset their Valor rank when reaching Rank 4. 
Fixed an issue where “The Good Company” gilded triumph would sometimes not progress when a Guardian had died. 
Fixed an issue where the Ticuu's Divination catalyst quest would not progress with explosion kills from the weapon. 
Fixed an issue where Chosen Destruction and Chosen Strength Focused Umbral Engram Lenses were not unlocking appropriately. 
Fixed an issue where “The Lightbringer Triumph did not complete for players after they had found all weekly Feathers for the "Bird of Prey" quest. 
Fixed an issue where the “Birds of a Feather” triumph was not completing appropriately. 

General 
Fixed an issue where the Season of the Chosen Director Dialogue was using incorrect artwork 

Once again I had no idea there was patch downloading on my system right now until seeing you mention patch notes. I really need to pay attention more when I turn my PS4 on.

That respawn issue got me a couple of time this past weekend and I didn't get a pinnacle for Presage either. At least both are fixed now.

I'm guessing that Bungie did not like the answers from my exit survey.  I haven't gotten a marketing e-mail from them in about five months and counting.

Blessed silence.

The little I have been able to piece together since last week is that folks are win trading.

I mean I have no idea how Bungie things they are gonna be able to stop that. Especially considering how fucking time consuming the process is.

And you aren't gonna stop people killing themselves until you completely overhaul Trials

As much as I fundamentally hate the ideas of weapon sunsetting and the retirement of ritual weapons, they were steps in the right direction if the intent of both was to destroy the rampant win trading in Comp / Glory matches.

Only tryhard douchebags and YouTubers play Trials competitively.  Everyone else has figured out that win trading, paid carries, and kill lobbies will get you to the Lighthouse just as fast as playing legit.  There is nothing special about Trials gear because it is accessible to just about everyone, either by legit play or by other means.

The existence of Trials and Bungie's lack of seriousness about weapon and power balance (I'm looking at you, Stasis...) pretty much guarantee that I'll never play the game ever again unless Lightfall really changes things around.

I know the whole point of making expansions over developing a brand new game is to preserve the time investment of the core players but at this point, the whole system needs to be scrapped in favor of a fresh start.  

Edited by J.T.

Saw a vid from Aztec talking about this earlier in the week. Apparently the process was timely and a bit of a gamble, but even with those issue nearly half of the people last weekend who went Flawless did it via win trading. It really goes to show a fundamental problem with how they handle Trials.

On the flipside Bungie is totally cool with people running 12 man raids/strikes/nightfalls though they will fix that later this month.

Forgot to mention I did get the Mask of Bakris finally a couple of nights ago on the one Lost Sector I ran this week. Its funny since I almost gave up on the damn thing. Yeah I really don't care for them locking the new exotic armors behind legendary lost sectors. It would be fine if they actually allowed a team to run them but the necessary solo aspect just makes it feel like bs with how hyper aggressive everything is. There is a reason I and others don't do that level of shit normally seeing that if you're a solo player you pretty much have to go to LFG or Fireteams on reddit to play those activities. I'd be less bothered if the new exotics were at least guaranteed as the first exotic drop, but the current setup feels like bs.

Finally got a Shadow Price to drop last night so now I have one of each Nightfall weapon. Haven't used Shadow Price yet so I have no idea if my drop is any good though Feeding Frenzy and Unrelenting as perks make it feel promising at least. Didn't care for the Swarm that dropped. I like the Palindrome fine though its kind of just ok in PvE and PvP.

I need to run a "Lost Sector" this weekend due to one of the challenges this week but my first priority to to finally finish the Presage

I also have to still Harbinger but that is another story.

The game really really wants me to have exotic gauntlets as four of my last 5 exotic drops have been gauntlets (Including Aeon Safe twice)

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Finally got a Shadow Price to drop last night so now I have one of each Nightfall weapon. Haven't used Shadow Price yet so I have no idea if my drop is any good though Feeding Frenzy and Unrelenting as perks make it feel promising at least. Didn't care for the Swarm that dropped. I like the Palindrome fine though its kind of just ok in PvE and PvP.

Shadow Price was my one of favorite D1 weapon behind Vision of Confluence and Lord High Fixer.

I was a terror in the Crucible with that auto.  Good times.

Edited by J.T.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I legit can't remember if I was playing when Fallen SABER came out in D1

Like it vaguely feels familiar but it also doesn't

Yes you have run that strike before.  

I dragged your dumb ass through the Heroic / Epic version of the strike as a part of your D1 Sleeper Stimulant quest.  It took hours. 

There was much suffering....

….maybe not as much suffering as there was in the Chasm of Screams run for Thorn, but....

Edited by J.T.