DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

On 12/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, RIPPA said:

I fucking hate speed runners in strikes, ordeals, empire hunts, etc...

I especially hate fuckers who are bad at it

I have to correct you because this  implies some of the morons trying solo speed run are good at them in the first place. They are not. Speed run and solo are not words that go together with these activities.

Edited by Eivion

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 6:28 PM, RIPPA said:

I fucking hate speed runners in strikes, ordeals, empire hunts, etc...

I especially hate fuckers who are bad at it

I love bad speed runners, especially the guys that crash their sparrows and die while trying to jet through the Pyramidion.  I used to keep the Roasting Marshmallows emote handy to break out at the location of their Ghost.  Sooo many rage quits...

I have been sent hate mail from players that try to use Pikes to skip most of Warden of Nothing content and then die and succumb to the Darkness before I get to their checkpoint.   WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP UP~????  Because it's not a race, shithead.

Most of these assholes are grown men, not children.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Yeah - that was what lead to my frustration

There was one Ordeal or Empire Hunt that the dude keep sparrowing and then instantly crashing and dying

Me and the other dude took our time and never fucking revived him.

I think he rage quit after the 6th death

• Like 1

Since I am trying to finish all the Sabotages - all the last remaining ones involve Empire Hunts so I’ve been spamming them.

They also go quicker than Ordeals (usually) so it’s a good source for Champions when I have bounties requiring specific kills.

My birthday is at the end of the month and in lieu of presents, my wife and I agreed that (supplies willing) I am going to get myself an XBox One X

The reason I am mentioning it here is because my wife has watched me play A LOT of Destiny and even she has noticed the dip in quality in the, now, last gen version of the game.

Crucible is the worst but it is starting to get noticeable everywhere (There was a thing this past weekend where I went to Eva to turn in bounties and her image started glitching all over the screen)

I am also getting really tired of enemies magically teleporting during strikes

Apparently the High Celebrant quest isn’t dropping rewards at the moment so you might want to wait before completing it

My internet just crapped out so I don’t have much say in the matter at the moment 

• Like 1

Did the High Celebrant quest last night. Don't think I got the exotic vehicle/ship that is supposed to drop, but its nice to get another pinnacle and be done in general. Have to say though that they did not do a great job with Season of the Hunt. I assume they figured because of Beyond Light and being so close to the end of the year they might as well go light on the content. Was nice to at least get a cut scene at the end though it was rather obvious where it was going. 

Finished my IB bounties last night. With how quickly I got through them Bungie either changed how fast they build or I've gotten way the hell better at PvP. I'm going with the former since I lost and sucked a decent amount trying Freelance for a while. I noticed I did way the hell better with regular IB.

Edited by Eivion

I so rarely do Hunts that I actually had to do more before it even unlocked the mission.

I haven't done it yet because I spent all afternoon yesterday doing IB trying to complete Slay the Dragon.

I literally just need 9 more precision kills but it is almost fucking impossible now due to the lag in past gen

I agree with you about the levels seemingly dropped on the IB bounties.

Got so pissed off when doing the High Celebrant as I got anteatered during the final fight.

I lost all my power ammo so I had to spend like 5 minutes fucking around killing adds just to get ammo and my super back

Haven't had a "raging so bad I thought about deleting the game" moment for a while but just had one tonight

I have only two augmentations left to complete that Triumph - and there are not a lot of weeks left in this season

Doing the Eternity one - literally get to the last drone to shoot and I accidentally walk off the ledge (since I am looking down my sights). When I respawn I no longer have the buff and you can't fucking rebuy it from Variks but you can only buy one a week.

Looked and plenty of other people have run into this. Some have said that it eventually shows back up but I am highly doubting that.

My desire to play anymore is at zero for the moment.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Kind of gave up on the augment thing, but I can say I recall seeing it pop up more than once in the week I bought it.

It appears to be a bug because a lot of people reported it and Bungie said they are looking into it

Normally you just go back and kill the guy again to start over but this time the buff you get from Varkis is gone and that you can only acquire once per week across your account 

Bungie put out its first TWIB in a month.

Few notes - Starting with Season 13 Reverie Dawn and Dreambane Armor will be reissued (obviously a higher LL cap)

Also select weapons from each destination will be reintroduced with new perks that it can roll with.

The are also reworking how Crucible and Gambit progression works (to be more in line with how the seasonal vendors have been working).

Vanguard strikes will get it eventually too.

The big thing is that Crucible tokens will be going away so Bungie encourages you to spend them before the end of the season.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Few notes - Starting with Season 13 Reverie Dawn and Dreambane Armor will be reissued (obviously a higher LL cap)

Also select weapons from each destination will be reintroduced with new perks that it can roll with.

I don't dislike sunsetting like Aztecross, but he made a good point of asking why they bothered sunsetting the gear of places they knew they had to keep relevant. In hindsight its kind of clear Bungie didn't really think the process through enough. 

Oh do keep in mind the reissued gear will only be available via the dungeons. Its basically about giving people an excuse to run through Shattered Throne & Pit of Heresy again since neither gives out pinnacle gear at the moment. I think the weapons will be the more interesting things depending on the new perks. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, RIPPA said:

The are also reworking how Crucible and Gambit progression works (to be more in line with how the seasonal vendors have been working).

Vanguard strikes will get it eventually too.

The big thing is that Crucible tokens will be going away so Bungie encourages you to spend them before the end of the season.

I'm ok with this since they made the tokens more or less worthless this season.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Oh do keep in mind the reissued gear will only be available via the dungeons. Its basically about giving people an excuse to run through Shattered Throne & Pit of Heresy again since neither gives out pinnacle gear at the moment. I think the weapons will be the more interesting things depending on the new perks. 

Yes and no - the weapons and gear (based on the wording) is available through a variety of things. Shattered Throne and the Pit give higher stats (and the unique perks). This is what Bungie wrote

Reissued Dreaming City Reverie Dawn and Moon Dreambane armor. 

• These will also drop with high stats when earned in Shattered Throne or Pit of Heresy. 
  • The final chest in Pit of Heresy will no longer drop a fully Masterworked Dreambane armor piece. 
  • Instead, the Dreambane armor piece that drops will have 7 armor energy and is guaranteed to drop with at least a +16 in two different stats and higher stats overall. 
  • Dreambane class items will not drop from this chest.   

Reissued 4 weapons for Dreaming City with new Perk Pools. 

• Waking Vigil, Sleepless, Vouchsafe, and Retold Tale. 
  • Dreaming City weapons that drop in the Shattered Throne dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources. 

Reissued 4 weapons for the Moon with new Perk Pools. 

• Premonition (Pit of Heresy only), Heretic, Blasphemer, and Apostate. 
  • Weapons that drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources. 

• Like 1

Obviously also helpful to get versions that will last a few more seasons (assuming you like any of them)

As I saw someone else say - it really comes across as Bungie fixing more problems of their own making

Tried to do the Prophecy dungeon solo today, yeah that was a mistake. I'm at power level 1088 right now.

I'm trying to convince my friends to download the game so we can join up :).

The load times are super quick on PS5 though so that's cool.