DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

That is the other issue. Stasis countering supers is annoying to the least. They really should have made it so only the supers themselves had that power. Took me forever to finish the last IB bounty because of the super issue. That and I really do just kill better when focused on the gunplay itself. I definitely feel like I'm screwing my team a bit when I'm focused more on trying to kill via supers or abilities.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The more I hear about Stasis, the more it makes me glad that I got out when I did.

You would enjoy using it. Its just the lack of PvP balance that is annoying. Also doesn't help that it rolled out when we are between generations right now like RIPPA mentioned.

I mean dudes 50 LL lower than me in IB taking no damage is some mighty big bullshit

I finished the 4 bounties. I am debating grinding out the rest of the Slay the Dragon quest or waiting till the next time IB comes around

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You would enjoy using it. Its just the lack of PvP balance that is annoying. Also doesn't help that it rolled out when we are between generations right now like RIPPA mentioned.

I enjoy PvP nearly as much as PvE, so I would probably find Stasis infuriating.  I was just starting to hit my stride as a decent Glory match player until all of this new bullshit punched my ticket out.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean dudes 50 LL lower than me in IB taking no damage is some mighty big bullshit

I finished the 4 bounties. I am debating grinding out the rest of the Slay the Dragon quest or waiting till the next time IB comes around

I suggest waiting. Nothing in that quest is worth going through however much IB you need to finish. Even when it goes well I eventually get burned out doing so much damn IB.

Oh did finish the Hawkmoon quest two nights ago. I'm still convince Bungie dislikes Hunters with the unnecessary platforming part of said mission. Overall I enjoyed the story aspects of the quest. Hawkmoon itself is ok. 

Oh we haven't even told JT about Salvation's Grip - the new exotic grenade launcher that shoots stasis bullets which is allowing people to do wall breaches and cheese various parts of various raids

On 12/14/2020 at 8:59 AM, RIPPA said:

Oh we haven't even told JT about Salvation's Grip - the new exotic grenade launcher that shoots stasis bullets which is allowing people to do wall breaches and cheese various parts of various raids

Is Bungie capable of building a weapon or creating a new ability that does not break the game?

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I hope I am detecting cynicism and they haven't got you baking treats again.

Nope its Dawning time again and they added Triumphs again for delivering cookies. (Basically to all the people who didn't vanish to the Darkness)

I did Riven already because that was one of the random bounties Eva gave me.

Since it takes forever to enter the Wish on the wall - that will be the last time I will be doing that until next year's Dawning

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Nope its Dawning time again and they added Triumphs again for delivering cookies. (Basically to all the people who didn't vanish to the Darkness)

I did Riven already because that was one of the random bounties Eva gave me.

Since it takes forever to enter the Wish on the wall - that will be the last time I will be doing that until next year's Dawning

So no new recipes?  They've got you baking the same shit you baked last year?

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So no new recipes?  They've got you baking the same shit you baked last year?

There are 4 or 5 new recipes but all the old ones from the last couple of years are still there too (Just like last year)

At least Tess finally gets cookies after getting the shaft the last 2 years

• Haha 1

I don't think his points are completely invalid, but I do think there is too much it would be hard for the team to do coming out of him. The team is massive. The way Darkness system is set up is  pretty blatantly done so they could realistically convert much of light subclasses to aspects and fragments. Even talk of the supers being issues I don't completely buy as I don't think Stasis sticks with only one super long term. Honestly, I think the real reason Bungie has been talking about revamping Light being far away is partially for story reasons. They clearly don't want to work on it knowing they are killing the Light subclasses as they are in two years via Lightfall. Seriously its right there in the name. Chances are the Traveler is destroyed, and we have search for whatever remnants of light are left to rediscover the Light Subclasses under the new system.

Funnily I just watched that video a little while ago too.

I think the more immediate was to address the idiots  who legit think supers are gonna be taken away with a hotfix on like Christmas or something.

But yeah - you have to believe the earliest it would happen would be with the Witch Queen (since they seem to only do the major overhauls with the start of new years) but it would more likely be with Lightfall