Dolfan in NYC

The long wait is over, he's coming back tonight:

• Robert Stone presents Chelsea Green vs. Kayden Carter

Oh, and also:

• Velveteen Dream vs. Roderick Strong
  • FOR THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Jordan Devlin (c) vs. Lio Rush
  • "Why Johnny Why?" 

--

Gargano should just come out and say "Because fuck him.  That's why."  and leave. 

Ok episode. Looking forward to Ciampa-Theory. I think Theory will be a fun heel for NXT once they move on from Undisputed Era.

I'd like Dream to run through UE to get to Cole  

Broserweights have good chemistry, hopefully they stay together a while. The eventual Dunne-Riddle match will be awesome. 

I have no interest in Lee/Dijakovic again despite loving their last match. Hopefully someone gets in Dijakovic's way.

Ciampa's segment with Theory was nice. If the feud between Ciampa and Gargano is leading to a proper Loser Leaves Town match then I'm actually for it. One of them (Gargano) desperately needs to be gone from NXT.

Broserweights/1-2 was fun.

Dug Raquel's reasons for supporting Kai. Kai/Nox in a cage will hopefully be fun.

Chelsea/Kayden was forgettable outside of Bianca's interference to state her challenge to Charlotte and the hopefully botched finish. I'm honestly not sure where i would rather see Charlotte/Bianca go down I just hope its given time when it happens.

Dream/Strong was solid. Kind of dug Dream winning the battle, but not the war here. Hopefully this the start of build to Dream/Cole in Tampa.

I hate it when Heyman books NXT and shit goes all ECW.  Two matches interrupted by promos?  Seriously?  That's kinda disrespectful.  If I were Austin Theory, I'd go cash my paycheck, but I definitely wouldn't be happy with the way that segment went down.  Tomasso Ciampa would definitely be the victim of a mysterious backstage attack on next week's show and it wouldn't be Gargano's fault.

I love Bianca and she is a top candidate for Future Ex-Wife of JT, but she didn't say anything that couldn't have been said in a proper interview.

Broserweights vs. UK / AM was a perfectly fine tag match.

Dream / Strong was an excellent match.  The war rages on.  I am slowly accepting the reversal of roles with Dream being Rick Rude to Roddy's Jake the Snake.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I think it's unfair to the rest of the card whenever Lee/Dijakovic is billed, but at the same time too much of a good fantastic thing will get old. I don't know who to derail Dijakovic thou... he works well with everyone but he's fantastic when wrestling big guys. Probably someone just signed?

When Lee gets called up, I'm tempted to say they should make those two a tag-team since that'll just make them unstoppable and help them build their rep. They'll have a built in storyline when they break up.

Dream seemed a step off (ring rust?), maybe part of that is how they were selling that the emotions were getting in the way for both.

Edited by turk128

I'm pretty sure they're teasing a Lee/Dijak Ironman with the fight forever promo. Hopefully not at Mania, just devote one week of NXT to it and let each guy move on. NXT should be Lee's show and Dijak would probably be better off on Raw or SD (as better off as one can be on those shows anyway). There's just too many people ahead of him in NXT right now.

6 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm pretty sure they're teasing a Lee/Dijak Ironman with the fight forever promo. Hopefully not at Mania, just devote one week of NXT to it and let each guy move on. NXT should be Lee's show and Dijak would probably be better off on Raw or SD (as better off as one can be on those shows anyway). There's just too many people ahead of him in NXT right now.

Oh no... they’re totally going to throw Dijakovic with Ziggler when he’s called up, aren’t they?