DVDVR Message Board

2013 CFL Thread

DouglasC

Bombers fired their OC at some point this weekend. They are now paying for fired CEO, GM, Head Coach and OC. This season can't end soon enough. Thank god I was in a canoe in the middle of nowhere when Friday's game was being played.

• Like 2

My favorite was the poll in the Winnipeg Sun this week:

"Which number will be higher by the end of the season: Bomber wins, or number of people fired by the Bombers this year?"

As of mid-week, 93% said number of people fired.

While it's interesting to see Montreal win when everybody has written them off with their prolific injuries, Montreal had NO BUSINESS still being in that game. When you throw THREE PICKS in the last two minutes of the game, HOW are you still down only 2 in the dying seconds? That loss was all on BC reading their press clippings this week.

It's so nice that the other 7 teams just seem to be able to pull quarterbacks out of their asses.

Bomber QB play often reminds me of stuff that comes out of asses, so they got part of this correct.

They say Burke is bringing in four new players this week, including a veteran QB. Bombers are toast... they went through all 3 QBs today (what did Hall last, two plays before he hurt his wrist?), and nobody lit a fire. If they hit 3 wins this year, I'll be AMAZED.

To review: A last play loss to Montreal, a last play loss to Hamilton, a close loss to Toronto, a loss in the last two minutes to Saskatchewan on a goal line choke.

FUUUUUUUUU

Other than the football result, today was a perfect day. Perfect weather, good company, had a nice dinner out after the game, spent the drive home listening to good music. Just wish the result had been different but I'm not going to let that spoil today for me.

Ricky Ray is out ~6 weeks with a shoulder problem. Too bad he was getting into MVP discussion the way he was playing.

At least they got that good-looking Zach Carollackacacky from U of Cinn to fill in.  This is the year of the QB youth movement.

The last 10 minutes of this game have been batshit crazy. Calgary goes up 37-7, Edmonton scores, then goes for 2, as I scream at the TV that they are going to fuck me on the over/under (57.5 today). They score another touchdown, then don't go for 2, so the lead stays at 17. Onside kick recovered, then another Edmonton touchdown to cut it to a 10 point game. Calgary recovers next kick, but then gets stripped of the ball two plays later, and Edmonton runs it back inside the 10 yard lne, and scores the next play. It's now 37-34 Calgary with 2:15 to play.

TURN THE GAME BACK ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last 10 minutes of this game have been batshit crazy. Calgary goes up 37-7, Edmonton scores, then goes for 2, as I scream at the TV that they are going to fuck me on the over/under (57.5 today). They score another touchdown, then don't go for 2, so the lead stays at 17. Onside kick recovered, then another Edmonton touchdown to cut it to a 10 point game. Calgary recovers next kick, but then gets stripped of the ball two plays later, and Edmonton runs it back inside the 10 yard lne, and scores the next play. It's now 37-34 Calgary with 2:15 to play. TURN THE GAME BACK ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@bruce_arthur: it was 37-7 with 8:46 left in the fourth quarter. It's now 37-34 with 2:17 left in the fourth quarter.