Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Execproducer

The Wong Fei-hung Kung Fu Movie Review pre-thread

Recommended Posts

Cool!  I'll send a pick in a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dare one of you to review that episode of the Ernie Reyes Jr/Gil Gereard TV series Sidekicks with secial guest star Ricky Steamboat!

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another way we can go with bonus reviews, for those of you that have a life and don't want to add another movie or TV episode to your plate, would be to extol the virtues of your favorite fight scene, which you will almost certainly be able to find on YouTube or Dailymotion.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Execproducer said:

Another way we can go with bonus reviews, for those of you that have a life and don't want to add another movie or TV episode to your plate, would be to extol the virtues of your favorite fight scene, which you will almost certainly be able to find on YouTube or Dailymotion.   

I think my review of Rama vs. The Assassin from The Raid 2  from my Badass Fight Scenes In Badass Action Movies post series was eaten by the previous board crash.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have sent in a sliding scale of three picks.

I am thinking I will bonus review some of my favorite Korean sword epics starting with Bichunmoo or The Restless if I can convince my brother to send them back to me.

Mother fucker has nearly half of my good shit.

Edited by J.T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd love to get a pick that I can find on physical media.

Edited by nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nate said:

I'd love to get a pick that I can find on physical media.

Well how hard are you willing to look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Well how hard are you willing to look?

Preferably nothing I have to buy a new player for.

But eff it, I like a challenge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, nate said:

Preferably nothing I have to buy a new player for.

But eff it, I like a challenge.

What challenge?  Between me, OSJ, JH, and a few other guys I would imagine that the library of martial arts movies in the collective possession of DVDVR members rivals most film companies.  All of the "rare" stuff is probably in the hands of someone in this project and that can be loaned out as needed.

Speaking of rare movies that we probably all own on physical media, I am working on a bonus review for Drive.

Not that Drive.  

THIS Drive.

I have it on DVD somewhere in the stash.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm at 2 and might pick both just in case my first choice is picked,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.T. said:

What challenge?  Between me, OSJ, JH, and a few other guys I would imagine that the library of martial arts movies in the collective possession of DVDVR members rivals most film companies.  All of the "rare" stuff is probably in the hands of someone in this project and that can be loaned out as needed.

Speaking of rare movies that we probably all own on physical media, I am working on a bonus review for Drive.

Not that Drive.  

THIS Drive.

I have it on DVD somewhere in the stash.

I've gotten a copy of every film that I've been assigned in a challenge, except where I've already had it.  Luckily, I've not been assigned crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

and then there was that episode of Manimal that was all about Kung-Fu!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and how cab we forget Longstreet?

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo, save some of this stuff for the actual review thread! Thanks. 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the deadline for picks? If we gave you options, when are you picking which to use? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadline is the 28th, though I need to check because I think I might have everyone already except maybe one. If you haven't decided which of your options you want to go with, I'll do it for you when the picks close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Execproducer said:

Deadline is the 28th, though I need to check because I think I might have everyone already except maybe one. If you haven't decided which of your options you want to go with, I'll do it for you when the picks close.

Roger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If we gave you options, when are you picking which to use? 

Both of yours are still available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll drop them today, just need to do the reason write up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My picks are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All picks are in. We'll go ahead and wait for the deadline in case anyone wants to jump in and then I'll send everything out Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my pick and I also have gotten inspiration for a special project.

I promise to do my best not to slack and get the principle review in as soon as possible, and then I will start work on that double feature thing.

Hopefully I will still have enough time and juice to pump out that bonus review for Drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...